CHRIS DAVIS is hot.... another DUQUETTE coup!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: CHRIS DAVIS is hot.... another DUQUETTE coup!

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

i live in baltimore and got to watch part of the game.. was their home opener.. Has SIXTEEN rbis in 4 games with 11 hits.. up there with the unjuiced mays and the juiced mcgwire in history now.. seems like they are ALL big hits.. score was tied 5-5 and he comes up in the 8th and goes after the first pitch and boom... GRAND SLAM! got him from texas in the koji (guy we have now in the bullpen) trade, definitely a 40hr guy... duke has improved the pitching, hitters+chemistry without spending crazy $.. this team is no joke.. orioles will win the division... a better team than the jays!

Nice Thread......  The Duke used to be with the Red Sox, then demonized by the "NEW GANG"........  Glad to see him back in Baseball and doing well !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ri_rock. Show ri_rock's posts

i live in baltimore and got to watch part of the game.. was their home opener.. Has SIXTEEN rbis in 4 games with 11 hits.. up there with the unjuiced mays and the juiced mcgwire in history now.. seems like they are ALL big hits.. score was tied 5-5 and he comes up in the 8th and goes after the first pitch and boom... GRAND SLAM! got him from texas in the koji (guy we have now in the bullpen) trade, definitely a 40hr guy... duke has improved the pitching, hitters+chemistry without spending crazy $.. this team is no joke.. orioles will win the division... a better team than the jays!

Davis is scalding hot to start the season, they did get him (along with Tommy Hunter) by trading Koji to Texas, but that trade happened in July 2011 while Andy MacPhail was GM.  Duquette didn't join the O's until Nov 2011.

The AL East is wide open this year...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The O's look good so far.  The AL East is up for grabs.  Any of the five teams have a chance to win the division.  I wish the AL East also had a team like Houston that we can beat up 18 times a year.   Lester would also be an out away from a perfect game against Houston.   LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Nice Thread......  The Duke used to be with the Red Sox, then demonized by the "NEW GANG"........  Glad to see him back in Baseball and doing well !!

Nice reply.  You were wrong , of course, but nice reply.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

The O's look good so far.  The AL East is up for grabs.  Any of the five teams have a chance to win the division.  I wish the AL East also had a team like Houston that we can beat up 18 times a year.   Lester would also be an out away from a perfect game against Houston.   LOL

LOL. I agree. The AL East is definitely the toughest division in baseball.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

gotta clarify.. his 16 rbis are a RECORD, his one HR and 3+ RBIs in 4 straight games is also a RECORD. HR IN 4 STraight games to start the season ties him with mays and 2 other guys. impressive!

I never understood the trade.  The press was talking up how the deepened their BP with Uehara and Adams, which was certainly true, but they also gave up 4 decent players/prospects in the process.  16 RBIs are amazing.  MacPhail is a very underrated GM.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Well, now that it has been established that Duquette was not responsible for the Davis "coup," he will be given the credit for Orioles' successes going forward.  Could be ironic in that he helped build the foundation of the 2004 Idiots team, but wasn't there to receive a ring or trophy when things came together for the Red Sox.  Second chance.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

His name still brings back the awful 17-inning, "OMG, Darnell McDonald is pitching" game against the O's last year. Not memories I want to revisit.