Ciriaco

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ciriaco

Pedro Ciriaco is the opposite of the saying , " The more you see of him , the more you like him." The more you see of Ciriaco , the more you realize his limitations. A sometimes exciting and flashy ball player , but seriously lacking in fundamentals. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Ciriaco

I like Pedro but he is a utility player at most, he will never be more than that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

He's a utility player. No reason for concern at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I tried to tell you guys that his .299 minor league OBP in over 3500 PAs was no fluke. He still is a very good utility IF'er, but some here thought this guy was our next starting SS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Pedro Ciriaco is the opposite of the saying , " The more you see of him , the more you like him." The more you see of Ciriaco , the more you realize his limitations. A sometimes exciting and flashy ball player , but seriously lacking in fundamentals. 

Its tough when you don't get regular ABs. Even if he did, I don't think he could ever become a regular starter.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Definitely regressing from his performance peak last year. Like with that wild throw to first, I hope he's just trying too hard.

Had that ball he hit yesterday landed fair in the left field corner it could have been a game changer.

I'd really like it if he could regain his composure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:

Definitely regressing from his performance peak last year. Like with that wild throw to first, I hope he's just trying too hard.

Had that ball he hit yesterday landed fair in the left field corner it could have been a game changer.

I'd really like it if he could regain his composure.

All players, well allmost all go through these peaks and valleys, hot streaks, slumps. Were the Angels ready to dump Albert Pujols because he got off to a horrible start last year. No, they stuck with him and he eventually pulled out of his slump. Ryan Dempster has certainly had a few poor seasons but he's also had some very productive seasons. It's part of the game. 

Hetch

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hes nothing more than a UI. Those of you crying to give him the starting job over Drew arent very smart baseball people...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

if the game was as easy as some of these bloggers make you believe, then we'd all be playing and not posting.

Exactly my point. The same folks who were raving about the Reddick trade last year are suddenly silent this year.

I wasn't much an athlete when young but even I had my great days, but most days I was not very good. Even Teddy Ballgame had off days. 

Hetch

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Stephen Drew is batting .100. 

He strikes out once out of every 3 plate appearances.

Smart baseball people don't have a problem with this.

Someday I hope to be smart baseball people.

LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

A lot of people talk about what Iglesias will save you defensively, but he's prone to the type of error Ciriaco made last night.  He averages more than twice as many errors as Drew, and he's 23 years old.  This is the kind of game that you can point to and say with Drew in there we would have won.  Maybe he doesn't reach that ball, or maybe he gets to it but doesn't make the throw.  Either way, Gordon's on 3rd base instead of scoring - the next two batters K and the next batter grounds out.  That saves us a run, and eventually the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

LOL

Smart baseball people don't use 34 PAs to draw conclusions when there are 3500 PAs of data available.  I don't even think you need the baseball adjective here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

LOL

Drew had 16 AB's in ST and was out since the beginning of march. its still April..SMART baseball people know this and also know his history of hitting...Now go sit down sport.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

LOL

By the looks of it, It might be a while before your a smart basebal person.

oh, I forgot...LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

LOL

Smart baseball people don't use 34 PAs to draw conclusions when there are 3500 PAs of data available.  I don't even think you need the baseball adjective here.

nailed it. Slomag <3

LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Who was the poster who was on here over the winter claiming that Ciriaco was better than Pedroia?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Who was the poster who was on here over the winter claiming that Ciriaco was better than Pedroia?

not sure, but I know geo was on Pedeys case at one point. Not saying it was def him though...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Chicken neck

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I tried to tell you guys that his .299 minor league OBP in over 3500 PAs was no fluke. He still is a very good utility IF'er, but some here thought this guy was our next starting SS.

Who was that??    Just kidding.     Smile

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Who was that??    Just kidding.     Smile

There were some not long ago asking him to take Middlebrooks spot at 3B.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

He is   O K   !!!