Ciriaco

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Ciriaco

esponse to dgalehouse's comment:

Pedro Ciriaco is the opposite of the saying , " The more you see of him , the more you like him." The more you see of Ciriaco , the more you realize his limitations. A sometimes exciting and flashy ball player , but seriously lacking in fundamentals. 

Very simple, last season Ciriaco got a chance to play and he was coming up with some big hits while playing decent defense.  Now?  He sits on the bench and rarely gets a chance so he's not as sharp, or a very happy player at this point I'm sure.  When he does play he just doesn't have the same confidence he had begun to build last season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Does is concern anyone here other than me that Iggy is hovering around the Mendoza line in hitting and was benched recently for 'attitude'?  What exactly is their definition of attitude?  Does it include hustle?

Whatever...   With the attitude of the present Sox, why contaminate the team with a potential problem?

In essence, I wish I knew more specifics.  Unless, of course, the whole event is a fabrication of the press looking to sensationalize.  I hope this is the case because if not, the excitement I had for him has dropped a few notches.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Does is concern anyone here other than me that Iggy is hovering around the Mendoza line in hitting and was benched recently for 'attitude'?  What exactly is their definition of attitude?  Does it include hustle?

Whatever...   With the attitude of the present Sox, why contaminate the team with a potential problem?

In essence, I wish I knew more specifics.  Unless, of course, the whole event is a fabrication of the press looking to sensationalize.  I hope this is the case because if not, the excitement I had for him has dropped a few notches.

He got benched for not running out ground balls.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Iggy probably feels like Ciriaco at this point.  They both were beginning to build their confidence and play better only to be sent down to the minors and benched like Ciriaco.  Iggy needs to get his head back in the game and not give up like Bradley, Lav, Nava have after being sent down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Lets see get in a game maybe once in every 3 or 4 days, play different positions. Have to ALWAYS work hard if not harder, since your not playing on regular basis. I really like this kid. Posters here that give me ridiculous numbers about Minor Leagues, he swings, that's what he does. I would too, if and when I play.
    Doesn't get enough at bats to really develop an eye, and he never really was a guy who is patient at the plate. He swings, sometimes he makes contact, sometimes he doesn't.
    Thats his game.
    Bottom Line he is playing in MLB and the Posters who give numbers are not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Iggy probably feels like Ciriaco at this point.  They both were beginning to build their confidence and play better only to be sent down to the minors and benched like Ciriaco.  Iggy needs to get his head back in the game and not give up like Bradley, Lav, Nava have after being sent down.

True...

I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt and would like to attribute it to his young age.  Yet, once someone gets 'branded' for not hustling or whatever, it's hard to erase.

I guess that time will tell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Lets see get in a game maybe once in every 3 or 4 days, play different positions. Have to ALWAYS work hard if not harder, since your not playing on regular basis. I really like this kid. Posters here that give me ridiculous numbers about Minor Leagues, he swings, that's what he does. I would too, if and when I play.
    Doesn't get enough at bats to really develop an eye, and he never really was a guy who is patient at the plate. He swings, sometimes he makes contact, sometimes he doesn't.
    Thats his game.

Thats because Im a musician ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I like Pedro.

He is doing fairly well ... not as great as his Yanqui killer moments, but who keeps up that pace?  I know he needs for perform better at the plate and is not a GG ifer, but he has helped in any position when needed or called on.   The fact that he can get hot and hit near .400 always is on the mind. 

I continue to be surprised at the repsonses of fans that make harsh judgements on small sections of a long season.

How many times have we seen people play poorly for parts of a season turn in a very good season overall? 

Today, more than ever before, it seems to me, that major league teams don't even see the 25 players on the MLB roster as all the pieces of the team.  The 40 man roster isn't even the only ready pool of talent.  Teams seem ready to reach down into the AA level, even, when the moment or the need arises.

Why do I say that?   

The value Pedro has to the team is already validated in the minds of the club.  Can he be moved or replaced?  Sure.  But they have faith in his ability to be the guy they need for the moment. 

I can't wait for the moment that his bat plays more of a part ... and am fairly confident that it will.

His errant throw today?  Ooops.

But it isn't cause enough to jump they guy.

Note to the life of this thread ... at one point, someone was making fun of Drew hitting .100.

Drew has been hitting very well since then ... the humor of knocking the guy is lost as a momentary reaction.  It's a long season.  Drew is doing better, Pedro will do better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Thats his game.

I play piano, clarinet, sax and trumpet.  Not anymore, really....gave my piano to my daughter, clarinet and sax to my brother-in-law(professional jazz musician in SF), and the trumpet is probably rusty.  I thought Amadeus was one of the best movies of all time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thats his game.

I play piano, clarinet, sax and trumpet.  Not anymore, really....gave my piano to my daughter, clarinet and sax to my brother-in-law(professional jazz musician in SF), and the trumpet is probably rusty.  I thought Amadeus was one of the best movies of all time.

Im jealous of anyone that can play the piano. I can play the drums, bass, guitar, but have always had an issue with piano.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Thats his game.

Im jealous of anyone that can play the piano. I can play the drums, bass, guitar, but have always had an issue with piano.

I'm jealous of you as well .... I can hambone ....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Thats his game.

Chopin is my favorite, but I'm sure I never gave it justice.

When playing, the drummer and guitar guys always pizzed me off because they'd want to sing in these real bizarre keys..not appreciating what a problem the weird keys were for the reeds etc.. 

Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Thats his game.

As long as it's not the meat whistle...   Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thats his game.

Nope, gave up the skin flute when I was a teenager ;)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Thats his game.

Nope, gave up the skin flute when I was a teenager