Clay "ferris Bueller" Bucholz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Clay

i can probably copy & paste this comment from the "told ya" thread to about 4 or 5 others...

he's on a 5 year / $30MM contract thru '15.  I guarantee you this ---- he will take no chances until after he signs his first big FA contract.  until then - he feels discomfort?  count on him shutting it down.  you want him to pitch thru pain?  pony up the big LTC...$$$$....

it's not about "soft".  it's about the almighty dollar.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

i can probably copy & paste this comment from the "told ya" thread to about 4 or 5 others...

he's on a 5 year / $30MM contract thru '15.  I guarantee you this ---- he will take no chances until after he signs his first big FA contract.  until then - he feels discomfort?  count on him shutting it down.  you want him to pitch thru pain?  pony up the big LTC...$$$$....

Yes because showing that you don't have the ability to stay healthy has always done wonders for a players value. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If there was a way to put Brett Saberhagen's heart into Clay Buchholz's body - he might win 25 games.

Defense.  It is still important.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

great intelligent and insightful baseball converation in here today ! : )

I guess you'll never understand but that ok ..... Keep living in your perfect world. This is baseball conversation and if you don't like us picking on a player who makes a great living and who shows no guts to himself or team mates then so be it. For posters on here to be highly upset with his excuses and i can't  play  crap they have a right to vent their displeasure. You also have the right to say maybe we should all jump on board and feel sorry for poor thumb sucking idiot.

[/QUOTE]

I'm actually pretty ashamed of myself that I'm responding to this.  But the name calling is just immature and ridiculous.  yes you have a right to say whatever you want, but keep in mind that will always illicit a response.

Oh well at least I have the motivation to take my inferior baseball intellect elswhere.  I'm so sorry to interrupt. 

Carry on with your "baseball conversation" 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The way I see it, its not about Clay being soft:  It's about Clay not taking his fitness seriously.

If you are a pitcher and you back/neck/shoulder is hurt, it doesn;t make much sense to push through the pain (until give the ok by the esteemed Dr. Andrews), because injuries to these areas often lead to more serious injury if subjected to the violent repetitive pitching motion.

After the fact gutting-out is too late.  These injuries are preventable.

Clay has gotten so many of these.  Do some yoga kid, some pilates.  Something strengthen the core and improve your flexibility.  Period.  I could have kept Beckett's pathetic demise at bay for another 5 years at least with my patented Spaceman Core Yoga Program (I tried to tell him many times via this site, but my pleadings were never heeded) and I can get Clay that fat contract he is shooting for.  Clay, if you are listening, go buy yourself a 20 dollar mat and meet me at my holistic hideaway in the Los Angeles hills.  Your career depends on it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this guys not even suffering from an injury-  just discomfort.., its pretty funny to see the Bootlicking Cadre circling the wagons and making excuses for this sorry excuse of an athlete

As always - 100% correct!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

If Tom Brady felt discomfort would he risk loseing out on a fat contract? Tom Brady will not play his neck is sore??? Funny.... So your saying Buch should sit out till 2015 so he can collect a fat paycheck..... From who ??? Keep it up and his next team will only pay him soft!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

great intelligent and insightful baseball converation in here today ! : )

I guess you'll never understand but that ok ..... Keep living in your perfect world. This is baseball conversation and if you don't like us picking on a player who makes a great living and who shows no guts to himself or team mates then so be it. For posters on here to be highly upset with his excuses and i can't  play  crap they have a right to vent their displeasure. You also have the right to say maybe we should all jump on board and feel sorry for poor thumb sucking idiot.

[/QUOTE]

I'm actually pretty ashamed of myself that I'm responding to this.  But the name calling is just immature and ridiculous.  yes you have a right to say whatever you want, but keep in mind that will always illicit a response.

Oh well at least I have the motivation to take my inferior baseball intellect elswhere.  I'm so sorry to interrupt. 

Carry on with your "baseball conversation" 

[/QUOTE]

Thank you...... Now go take your inferior baseball intellect and put your baseball cards in the right order.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Ferris Bueller.....thats his nickname for me, hahahaha

I dont remember him injuring himself throwing. Wasn't it the play he flipped on his head?

Funny...when that play happened I said to myself he'll be out for a while!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

thats cute.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

MEET CLAY BUCHHOLZ

Hope he sees these posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to TheMaskedAvenger's comment:

Hope he sees these posts

Oh yeah, I'm sure he's reading them and he's bothered by them.  You guys will have him back on the mound in no time.  Good work.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from irish-sox-fan. Show irish-sox-fan's posts

Great pitcher with absolutely no heart. He's pretty much the polar opposite of a gamer. 

"When I die Dublin will be written in my heart." - James Joyce

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to TheMaskedAvenger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hope he sees these posts

Oh yeah, I'm sure he's reading them and he's bothered by them.  You guys will have him back on the mound in no time.  Good work.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you know that players come on here and read what we all have to say?  They take our advice and measure how popular they are.   I'm sure they were sitting in the clubhouse last night thinking, pondering what the fans posting on Boston.com were saying about them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Didn't you know that players come on here and read what we all have to say?  They take our advice and measure how popular they are.   I'm sure they were sitting in the clubhouse last night thinking, pondering what the fans posting on Boston.com were saying about them.

I know...that's the little dream of guys like Masked Avenger. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE] 

I know...that's the little dream of guys like Masked Avenger. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure BDC isnt the only place he would hear this concern - I'm pretty sure it is being considered everywhere - including in his teammates heads'

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

My thoughts had been either lay is hurt more seriously than was reported or he was a guy who didint have great pain tolerance.....looks like the latter is true.....the below quote from John Farrell speaks Volumes....the sox clearly think that Clay should have been back on the mound by now, if he had only pushed his way through the intial discomfort of a recovered injury.....you donlt see Managers make statements like this too often.

From my understanding of the exam and what Dr. Andrews relayed to [Buchholz] is that he's going to feel some, at times, some little stiffness or discomfort just by virtue of getting back in pitching shape," Farrell said. "[Andrews] felt that as [Buchholz] ramps back up, he;s going to experience some of those but the root of it is not because of an injury. It's more just reconditioning and getting the throwing arm back in shape.

"I would think there would be more readiness on his part to push through that."

My opinion is that Clay was concerned, and rightly so, that if he pitched while still in pain, he risked doing further damage to his shoulder.  In that respect, I can understand why he would not want to push through the pain.

With Dr. Andrews' diagnosis confirming what the Sox medical staff has already told him, and with the reassurance that Clay will not cause further damage to himself by pitching through the pain, I fully expect Clay to ramp it up and be back on the mound soon.

If he continues to claim that he cannot or will not pitch until he is pain free now that he should have some peace of mind, then I think we can question his mental toughness.

I dont think that Clay cares whether fan's question is Mental tougness, but the quote from his Manager seems to indicate his Manager is questioning his Mental toughness....which probably mean alot of his teammates arent happy with him either...hopefully you are correct and it will all be behind him now.

Great point !  I believe that many Red Sox fans should be concerned about his unwillingness to try to play with pain.  It is obvious that he isn't mentally tough and can't tolerate pain. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

My thoughts had been either lay is hurt more seriously than was reported or he was a guy who didint have great pain tolerance.....looks like the latter is true.....the below quote from John Farrell speaks Volumes....the sox clearly think that Clay should have been back on the mound by now, if he had only pushed his way through the intial discomfort of a recovered injury.....you donlt see Managers make statements like this too often.

From my understanding of the exam and what Dr. Andrews relayed to [Buchholz] is that he's going to feel some, at times, some little stiffness or discomfort just by virtue of getting back in pitching shape," Farrell said. "[Andrews] felt that as [Buchholz] ramps back up, he;s going to experience some of those but the root of it is not because of an injury. It's more just reconditioning and getting the throwing arm back in shape.

"I would think there would be more readiness on his part to push through that."

My opinion is that Clay was concerned, and rightly so, that if he pitched while still in pain, he risked doing further damage to his shoulder.  In that respect, I can understand why he would not want to push through the pain.

With Dr. Andrews' diagnosis confirming what the Sox medical staff has already told him, and with the reassurance that Clay will not cause further damage to himself by pitching through the pain, I fully expect Clay to ramp it up and be back on the mound soon.

If he continues to claim that he cannot or will not pitch until he is pain free now that he should have some peace of mind, then I think we can question his mental toughness.

I dont think that Clay cares whether fan's question is Mental tougness, but the quote from his Manager seems to indicate his Manager is questioning his Mental toughness....which probably mean alot of his teammates arent happy with him either...hopefully you are correct and it will all be behind him now.

Great point !  I believe that many Red Sox fans should be concerned about his unwillingness to try to play with pain.  It is obvious that he isn't mentally tough and can't tolerate pain. 

[/QUOTE]

So, you know it's a question of pain tolerance and not a concern for doing further damage to his shoulder?

I'd love to know how you know this.

The guy hasn't pitched since the beginning of June.

Now that he's been told he wont do further damage to his shoulder, fans expect him to be on the mount tomorrow night.

Unbelievable...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

If Tom Brady felt discomfort would he risk loseing out on a fat contract? Tom Brady will not play his neck is sore??? Funny.... So your saying Buch should sit out till 2015 so he can collect a fat paycheck..... From who ??? Keep it up and his next team will only pay him soft!!!!!!

are you seriously trying to compare Tom Brady's contract status to Clay's?

here, i will give you some knowledge for free:

TB is currently on a 5yr $70MM contract.  TB's net worth is already over $100MM (and that includes taking a "discount" with the Pats)

Besides endorsements:

May 2o11 to May 2012 Earnings according to Forbes: $27 Million
    May 2o10 to May 2011 Earnings according to Forbes: $31 Million
    Tom Brady’s Career Salary:
    2009 Patriots - $ 8,007,280
    2008 Patriots - $ 8,001,320
    2007 Patriots - $ 6,005,160
    2006 Patriots - $ 16,004,840
    2005 Patriots - $ 15,654,180
    2004 Patriots - $ 5,504,200
    2003 Patriots - $ 3,129,700
    2002 Patriots - $ 3,878,780
    2001 Patriots - $ 314,993
    2000 Patriots - $ 205,800

As for Clay and being overprotective....Baseball landscape is full of overpaid contracts for players with talent regardless of whether you, me, or tommy down the block thinks he's "soft".  and Clay has talent.  Barring a major injury Clay will be looking at 18 to 20MM per for 4-6 years in his next contract.  Once that is signed, i would expect he will pitch during minor "discomfort"......

maybe try hockey analysis?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

MEET CLAY BUCHHOLZ

You got that right.......Can we mail this to him......His team mates should put that in his locker.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Clay is planning on pitching inbetween cramps...he is working hard getting ready!

As always - 100% correct!