The below is from the Herald.  Hopefully He is back in a month or so.

Clay Buchholz had what amounted to likely the best day in his recovery from a strained lower back muscle when he played catch from 120 feet yesterday. He’s slated to do the same again tomorrow before possibly throwing a bullpen session Friday at Fenway. “It’s as good as it’s been so far,” Buchholz said. “It’s still going to take a little bit of time, but at the same time, yesterday was a good step in the right direction.” Buchholz has been sidelined for the past month, a period he described as “pretty stressful.” Until last weekend when he restarted his throwing program, he had been completely shut down for two weeks. He also received an injection to help speed the healing. “I’m trying to keep the right frame of mind as far as coming back, being able to pitch in August and through September and October,” Buchholz said. “That’s what I want.” And while he was encouraged by yesterday’s activity, Buchholz also said throwing off a mound will be the truest test of his health. Barring any setbacks, he said he probably would need two minor league rehab starts before he’s ready to rejoin the Red Sox’ rotation. “I’ve been throwing with more intensity the last couple times out,” he said. “I don’t think I would’ve been able to do that two weeks ago. It’s pain-free. That’s a good thing. But when I get off a mound, that’s what’s going to be what tells everything as far as when I throw again.”