Clear case for the DEATH PENALTY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: Clear case for the DEATH PENALTY?

The DP would be too good for whoever did the bombing.  Give them life in general population and let other inmates know what they did.  They'll wish they were dead every day after the other inmates finish with them.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

And how about Enhanced interrogation?

Which we can no longer use.

It's not who we are is the excuse.

It's how they got Bin Laden, from information about his messenger.

How they caught and prevented Lyman Farris who was living in NYC of carrying out a plan to blow up the Brooklyn Bridge, found the explosives and plans in his apartment.

How we could get information about future attacks.

But no we can't put a wet wash cloth over their mouths.

But they can come in and live amongst us and kill our women and babies with bombs filled with ball bearing and nails or cut Danny Pearl's head off while filming it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Of who ever commited these terrible acts is brought to face justice in the state of Massachusetts he can not be given the death penalty. It is against or state constitution. End of story.

Couldn't this be a federal offense? I admit I don't know the answer.

My guess is that terrorism is a federal crime.  But it would be a heck of a black eye to the locals to have the feds take over jurisdiction because they lack the will to enforce something that the people of the state voted for.

Didn't McVeigh and those shooter in the DC area get tried in Federal Courts? If it's terrorism, the Feds can take over. I would guess the Mass athorities would not mind if they were tried and were given death.

A better sentence would be to take whoever did this, tie them up in a chair in some public setting and have whoever wanted to stone them for as long as they wanted to. That would be a more painful death.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Didn't McVeigh and those shooter in the DC area get tried in Federal Courts? If it's terrorism, the Feds can take over. I would guess the Mass athorities would not mind if they were tried and were given death.

A better sentence would be to take whoever did this, tie them up in a chair in some public setting and have whoever wanted to stone them for as long as they wanted to. That would be a more painful death.

Good point about McVeigh, I had forgotten about that.

As for the better sentence, I know you're not completely serious. I feel the same anger, but our judicial system and way of life are  two of things that separate us from the  low lifes.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Would love to know what is meant by McVeigh, who murdered almost 200 innocent people, being a "bugaboo of the left."

And the rush to proclaim that acts such as these are "war" and need to be handled by the military, not the justice system, is usually the calling card of those who are ever eager to throw under the bus the very freedoms the terrorists are supposedly attacking.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

It appears, at this early date - meaning the investigation and manhunt has not concluded - that the death penalty has been enacted in a swift and appropriate manner.  Granted it was in the act of violence toward the police and others in pursuit ... but not only did one brother die, but in the fog of the engagement, the other brother ran over the injured one.  Brother may have actually brought about that penalty.  It does not make up for losses on Patriots Day...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Why isnt this on the political forum? 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Set A  Marathon on Patriot's Day

Set B  Bombings 40 minutes after the Red Sox finished off their opponent

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Intersecting sets

Set A    Boston Marathon

Set B    Red Sox finishing game 40 minutes before bombings

Set C    Of three events, 2 are sporting events

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

shots fired in watertown. sounds like they might have him

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to Flattiehater's comment:

I know Drew isn't hitting well right now but he certainly does not deserve the death penalty.

true. but some of these right wing nuts would waterboard him.

What do you suggest we do with this 19 year older ? Test to determine if he is insane  and can't be punished.  The death penalty is too good for him. I believe life in jail without any Muslim/Islam privileges, special diet and he can pray to mecca using his blanket's bed.

Shame we have open arms to any immigrants from repressive government countries and even fund part of their education here. Irrespective of background checks, many can be Manchurian Candidates or if they truly do like our way of life, terrorist groups then tell them they will kill their families if they don't participate in a jihad against us.

I am simplifying my interpretation of part of the Quran that it says that anyone who does not believe in Islam or does not convert, will be killed.

The problem I see is that if this happens again on our soil as 9/11 stopped planes being used as missles by air marshalls, locked cockpit doors & intensive annoying but needed body searches boarding planes, we may do something drastic and many peace loving Muslims will be affected...kept in camps as we did the Japanese in WW2.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I am simplifying my interpretation of part of the Quran that it says that anyone who does not believe in Islam or does not convert, will be killed.

what about the millions of people slaughtered because they wouldn't convert to Christianity??

If you're going to bash Islam don't be hypocritical about it and ignore the history of your own religion using the same avenues.

Christianity = Islam in so many ways, in both mythology and history.

and the fraction of Muslims who are violent and intollerant of other religions don't speak for the entirety of the religion. How would you like it if your religion was judged by the actions of the whackos at the Westborro baptist church?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

what about the millions of people slaughtered because they wouldn't convert to Christianity??

If you're going to bash Islam don't be hypocritical about it and ignore the history of your own religion using the same avenues.

and the fraction of Muslims who are violent and intollerant of other religions don't speak for the entirety of the religion. How would you like it if your religion was judged by the actions of the whackos at the Westborro baptist church?

You are totally removed from reality. Most sensible people knew from the start that this was Muslim terrorism. If you follow the news , you would know that acts of Muslim terrorism happen nearly every day in the world. To try and equate that with anything else is is to refuse to acknowledge reality. I'm sure you don't intend it , but you come off as a terrorist sympathizer. Try to deal with things as they are in world today. Comparing jihad to the Westboro Baptist Church is absolutely ridiculous.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

And how about Enhanced interrogation?

Which we can no longer use.

It's not who we are is the excuse.

It's how they got Bin Laden, from information about his messenger.

How they caught and prevented Lyman Farris who was living in NYC of carrying out a plan to blow up the Brooklyn Bridge, found the explosives and plans in his apartment.

How we could get information about future attacks.

But no we can't put a wet wash cloth over their mouths.

But they can come in and live amongst us and kill our women and babies with bombs filled with ball bearing and nails or cut Danny Pearl's head off while filming it.

TWM - "They" can.  "We" can't, because we are better than that.  I think torture, the death penalty, etc. are wrong in part for moral reasons....but also because it diminishes the advocates.....but they can't see it.  

How different are the views of guys on the internet advocating vengeance, people celebrating exections outside of prisons, and the crowds of people - with their children - attending executions in the middle ages?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

You are totally removed from reality. Most sensible people knew from the start that this was Muslim terrorism. If you follow the news , you would know that acts of Muslim terrorism happen nearly every day in the world. To try and equate that with anything else is is to refuse to acknowledge reality. I'm sure you don't intend it , but you come off as a terrorist sympathizer. Try to deal with things as they are in world today. Comparing jihad to the Westboro Baptist Church is absolutely ridiculous.

Denny, that is outrageous.  Unfair, biased and bullying.  I admit I am more in tune with mef's view of the world than your's, but I don't think you are evil, cruel or a terrorist sympathiser....you just have a different view than I.  I think you owe him an apology.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

No worries Sonics. i can handle a narrow view imposed about me over the internet.

I'm no terrorist sympathizer...  I just don't think that it is fair to blast a whole religion because of an extremist faction that totals <1% of the whole. Which is why i drew the parallel to Christians and the Westborro baptist church. I also could have said Softlaws ignorant view speaking for the entirety of the republican party or Bill representing the forums intelligence. The point is, a few bad apples don't spoil the bunch.

If i were a betting man, i would wager that DG, SFbostonfan and others are the type of people who see a dark skinned person with an accent in the supermarket and immediately get suspicious and think "terrorist".

"i bet he's putting anthrax into the produce and stuffing explosives into a turkey!"

seriously though DG, how would you like it if anytime someone figured out you were a christian they lumped you in with the crazies at the WBC? even though they (probably) don't speak for your ideals. Or how about anytime you told someone you were a republican they scoffed and immediately pegged you as a far-right extremist loon. even though you are not (or maybe you are..). I'm just saying, tolerance is a good thing, it's what this country was founded on.