Clutch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Clutch

A nail-biter tonight, to say the least. But they cut it when they had to. Pivotal seasonal win - the kind that is necessary to make a run.

Congrats to Paps - 6 straight seasons with at least 30 saves.

The boys truly cut it tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Clutch

In Response to Clutch:
    [QUOTE]A nail-biter tonight, to say the least. But they cut it when they had to. Pivotal seasonal win - the kind that is necessary to make a run. Congrats to Paps - 6 straight seasons with at least 30 saves. The boys truly cut it tonight.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

This was a big win for a number of reasons.  It was important for Beckett to  step up and it may have been a watershed game for Bard as well. 

One more win in this series and I'll invoke Freddie Prinze's tag line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That's also what Jack Warden kept repeating in the flic HEAVEN CAN WAIT.

I do hope Boston's season ends better than Prince's life did.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

in that movie, Charles Grodin's newspaper interview about Farnsworth losing his marbles was absolute hilarity. Grodin was/is a genius. Loved his line in "Dave"....to Kevin Kline who asked his accountant Grodin to help him slice the federal budget, "get out of here as fast as you can."......Heartbreak Kid still one of the funniest acting jobs between Grodin and Eddie Albert.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Clutch:
    [QUOTE]A nail-biter tonight, to say the least. But they cut it when they had to. Pivotal seasonal win - the kind that is necessary to make a run. Congrats to Paps - 6 straight seasons with at least 30 saves. The boys truly cut it tonight.

and only at 4 times the payroll

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

please ignore me Sheriff-Rojas

I'm just having some fun ( payback) with our friend harness

good 2CU back

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Clutch:
    [QUOTE]in that movie, Charles Grodin's newspaper interview about Farnsworth losing his marbles was absolute hilarity. Grodin was/is a genius. Loved his line in "Dave"....to Kevin Kline who asked his accountant Grodin to help him slice the federal budget, "get out of here as fast as you can."......Heartbreak Kid still one of the funniest acting jobs between Grodin and Eddie Albert.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

http://youtu.be/VmB7J-TxQwc

There's no lying in that beef. No insincerity in those potatoes.  No deceit in the cauliflower.  A totally honest meal. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Josh Beckett continues to deliver at the most crucial times.  Hopefully that ankle holds up for approximately 5 more weeks.

For the record the Ben Stiller Heartbreak Kid was horrible.  The wife was the hot looking one and the woman he met not so much?  Odd and not nearly as funny as the original.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]please ignore me Sheriff-Rojas I'm just having some fun ( payback) with our friend harness good 2CU back
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Me ignore you, Zac?  I hope I can find a way to fan those flames in your tit-for-tat with Harness. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]in that movie, Charles Grodin's newspaper interview about Farnsworth losing his marbles was absolute hilarity. Grodin was/is a genius. Loved his line in "Dave"....to Kevin Kline who asked his accountant Grodin to help him slice the federal budget, "get out of here as fast as you can."......Heartbreak Kid still one of the funniest acting jobs between Grodin and Eddie Albert.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The whole tone of that movie was interesting, and it conveyed a unique comedic side. Never did see Heartbreak Kid. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clutch : http://youtu.be/VmB7J-TxQwc There's no lying in that beef. No insincerity in those potatoes.  No deceit in the cauliflower.  A totally honest meal. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Who's dat blonde?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFutureNow. Show TheFutureNow's posts

The threads praising Francona are getting shorter and further between....

Clutch ?

The dead-cat bounce more likely, I fear.

Josh Beckett is a class pitcher and its obvious that we wldn't lose 20 in a row.

No need to make rah-rah posts just yet.....(though I 'm sure the original poster wld say that he is a ""true"fan to the exclusion of all other opinions).

The RS are where they should be given the quality of their coaching : struggling for a WC spot.

Hopefully they make it in but frankly they better get a little more consistent against these small-mkt teams...or they aint going anywhere further.

Based on evidence presented during 1st month of season and last month, it is naive to jump on 1 win as conclusive evidence of anything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clutch : Me ignore you, Zac?  I hope I can find a way to fan those flames in your tit-for-tat with Harness. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Zac is a terrific artist, but his paint brush is dry when it comes to payroll comprehension.

Payroll is reflective of FO mindset and division.
    Boston has to keep up with NY's ludicrous spending as much as possible, given obvious limitations, to solidify a P.O. birth.

A team like TX or Detroit doesn't need to spend as much to win. (They still spend plenty).

The Rays chose a different path. They cleaned cellars for years and years, alienating their fan-base and giving them no hope. When ya get the top 45 of 100 of the nations draft picks, it's not hard to finally field a winner. So, instead of a large payroll, they have a poor fan base. And when their players get close to leaving, they are traded or the Rays take the picks.

Boston/NY have to sustain their fan base by competing every year. They have to spend. The Rays have no such fan-base, so they can't spend.
    And while NY/Boston continue to field winners, the Rays will eventually revert to lower status when their farm isn't as productive. This won't happen anytime soon, but it will happen. They won't get the the high number of picks as they continue to compete.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]The threads praising Francona are getting shorter and further between.... Clutch ? The dead-cat bouncemore likely, I fear. Josh Beckett is a class pitcher and its obvious that we wldn't lose 20 in a row. No need to make rah-rah posts just yet.....(though I 'm sure the original poster wld say that he is a ""true"fan to the exclusion of all other opinions). The RS are where they should be given the quality of their coaching : struggling for a WC spot. Hopefully they make it in but frankly they better get a little more consistent against these small-mkt teams...or they aint going anywhere further. Based on evidence presented during 1st month of season and last month, it is naive to jump on 1 win as conclusive evidence of anything.
    Posted by TheFutureNow[/QUOTE]

Don't care for UR terminology favoring luck over clutch.
    The magnitude of this game echoed the effort. When the Sox bats went
    silent, the pitching had to shut down the Rays over the last 6 innings...walking a one-run tight-rope. Instead of giving them some credit, you show your ignorance with an inability to comprehend the mind-set of a small-market team.

I just posted how the Rays, a team that never lost less than 90 games in their first decade of existence, chose to take the best draft picks over trying to build a fan-base. Boston can become "small market" if they so choose to be.

Do you want to wait 10 years before you can again become the spoiled fan you are?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeLahoud. Show JoeLahoud's posts

Question for you guys.. I tried to follow the game from work in LA but didn't see every pitch. Was Madden correct about the wide strike zone? Highlights looked like Beckett/Aceves/Bard/Paps were mowing them the f down.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clutch : Don't care for UR terminology favoring luck over clutch. The magnitude of this game echoed the effort. When the Sox bats went silent, the pitching had to shut down the Rays over the last 6 innings...walking a one-run tight-rope. Instead of giving them some credit, you show your ignorance with an inability to comprehend the mind-set of a  small-market team. I just posted how the Rays, a team that never lost less than 90 games for their first decade of existence, chose to take the best draft picks over trying to build a fan-base. Boston can become "small market" if they so choose to be. Do you want to wait 10 years before you can again become the spoiled fan you are?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Clutch:

harness you will owe my a nice lobster roll lunch with baked beans when we make it to the playoffs by 5 games over TB!

lets not talk about CA!   lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Grodin was also superb in Midnight Run.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

[QUOTE]Grodin was also superb in Midnight Run.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

That may be his best work bar none.  Deniro was great as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Finally. Red Sox beat the Rays, Angels lose and the Yankees lost. One of those perfect nights. Beckett came through hugely, kudos to Aviles for hitting the bomb and Tito sitting the ailing Youk, so glad to see Bard do something positive after what three straight horrendous efforts and yes, congrats to Paps on his 30th save.

Now today, if John Lester can return to form and throw a gem leading to another Red Sox win, we would be 5 ahead of the Rays....and if the Yankees lose again we would be only 2.5 behind them...hmmm Way, way to soon for me to swim out of the river after jumping off the bridge, but it just feels so good to win!! Getting through Wake, Weiland and Lackey could make me put a huge rock on a rope around my ankle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clutch : That may be his best work bar none.  Deniro was great as well.
    Posted by william93063[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've watched that movie a few times, the scenes with those two are classic.   And I agree that Deniro was also great. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Clutch : harness you will owe my a nice lobster roll lunch with baked beans when we make it to the playoffs by 5 games over TB!lets not talk about CA!   lol
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Now now, Geo. You said the Rays wouldn't  get within 5 games. That means at any point. However, I'll be a good sport and I will buy you a cyberspace Lobster roll if they beat the Rays by 5 or more.

Could I substitute the beans for...potato salad?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Finally. Red Sox beat the Rays, Angels lose and the Yankees lost. One of those perfect nights. Beckett came through hugely, kudos to Aviles for hitting the bomb and Tito sitting the ailing Youk, so glad to see Bard do something positive after what three straight horrendous efforts and yes, congrats to Paps on his 30th save.Now today, if John Lester can return to form and throw a gem leading to another Red Sox win, we would be 5 ahead of the Rays.... and if the Yankees lose again we would be only 2.5 behind them... hmmm Way, way to soon for me to swim out of the river after jumping off the bridge, but it just feels so good to win!! Getting through Wake, Weiland and Lackey could make me put a huge rock on a rope around my ankle.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I must admit, you do have a good sense of humah!
    BTW: I should have mentioned in the OP that Papelbon became the very first reliever in M. L. history to have at least 30 or more saves in his first 6 seasons.
    A true testament to his endurance.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

It was nice to see the team come through when they really needed it. Now if we can win today and Sunday, we could really put Tampa away.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Josh Beckett continues to deliver at the most crucial times.  Hopefully that ankle holds up for approximately 5 more weeks... 
    Posted by william93063[/QUOTE]

Up until 2007, Beckett was on his way to becomming one of the best alltime playoff starters in MLB history. He had a couple rough seasons in '08 and '09, but he is still that same "moneyball" pitcher in my eyes. His health seems to be the biggest issue, and I'm not trying to minimize ankle injuries here, but Beckett's arm and shoulder seem fine, so I am staying very positive about our WS chances.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clutch : Yeah. The whole tone of that movie was interesting, and it conveyed a unique comedic side. Never did see Heartbreak Kid. 

do yourself a favor and rent it. Cybil Shepherd is the woman of interest btw.