Coco Crisp -- Who Knew?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Re: Coco Crisp -- Who Knew?

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Daf, it's close on career batting but it's not close on career defense. But I've noted you are a huge Ellsbury fan.

I've noted you NEVER admit when you're wrong, Master Softlaw.

It's nowhere near "close" on Batting. Ellsbury has an .802 to Crisp's .740. 

Ellsbury has played in 410 games and Crisp, 388. So he's been more durable as well. 

I have been a fan of both Crisp AND Ellsbury, but I have the ability to discern which is the better player with the higher upside, and that's Ellsbury. Hands down.

-Daf.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Daf, it's close on career batting but it's not close on career defense. But I've noted you are a huge Ellsbury fan.

All this noting is very creepy. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In fact, he most certainly was. And he was the last starting CF'er for the Red Sox to win the division going into the playoffs.

I truly hope you didn't hurt your back moving that goal post all by yourself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

All this noting is very creepy. 

Especially with our new knowledge of his 'backup drive'.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

The reality is that Coco and Ellsbury are not mutually exclusive.  Coco was a great teammate, a true professional, and would have done anything that the coach asked.

If he was asked to be a fourth outfielder , he would have.  JD always had injury issues, Coco could have been a late defensive replacement for Manny.  We would have found him playing time.  Maybe not starter playing time; however, Coco took his demotion w/ class.

The Coco for Ramon Ramirez trade never made sense.  Coco was more valuable as a switch hitting, play all 3 OF positions, defensive replacement, pinch running supersub than a back of the pen guy.  He was the true leader of our clubhouse.

And if we went into 2008 w/ Coco as a fourth outfielder, we would have found playing time for him every year.  CF in 2012, RF in 2011...

We lost some true player leaders.  Coco may have been the biggest one.

Anybody who has ever played w / Coco has mentioned that he is a great leader and a great teammate.  Extremely down to earth.  Willing to accept any role.  A professional.  The antithesis of a primadonna.

1. We did go into 2008 with Crisp ss a fourth OF.

2. Maybe part of the reason he was traded was a favor to Crisp..

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Once managment made the decision to go with Ellsbury and put Crisp in their dumpster, Crisp handled it well and ended up taking over for Ellsbury after Tito benched Ellsbury for zero confidence reasons.

Crisp would be traded to Kansas City for Ramon Ramirez, who was later traded for the great Dan Turpen, who was later traded for the great Michael McKenry, who was traded for cash and a player to be named later or cash, and I believe it ended up as cash.

Note:     In Game 5 of the 2007 ALCS, Coco Crisp had a game-tying hit in the bottom of the 8th inning to cap Boston's 7-run comeback. Boston would go on to win the game 8–7 with a walk-off single in the ninth inning by J. D. Drew, but lose the series in 7 games.

Didnt they win the WS in 2007?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

He meant 2008.  Details are not his strong point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

He meant 2008.  Details are not his strong point.

Ok, I thought so but never sure with him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

he claimed Coco had more "power potential" based on the fact that he had his 15 and 16 HRs with the Indians before coming to the Sox

in fact, I correctly stated that Coco and Ellsbury were similar and that Ellsbury was not "way better" in power. I was correct. Ellsbury's best two years of slugging do not demostrate anything significantly better than Crisp, which is better illustarted by the career numbers.

At the end of the day, the notion that Ellsbury was way better than Crisp are demonstrably false. Include the defensive side, the way the game should be played and the leadership, and I'll take Crisp for 2007, and made the mistake of saying that Crisp should be traded after 2008 for value purposes.

Most importantly, in team sports, is how the team does. That says it all.  

You just can't help yourself from lying can you?

You bashed Ellsbury nonstop and never came close to saying Crisp and Ellsbury were "similar".

You said Ellsbury would never match the 15 and 16 HRs Crisp hit with Clevelenad. You called him a "punch and judy hitter". 

Stop the lies.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

4 Homers in 8 games

The starting CF'er for the last Red Sox championship team. Since he was replaced by the second coming of Ted Williams, the Red Sox brand has been a big loser brand.

You are so tiresome. The startIng outfield in the WS was Ellsbury, Drew, and Rameriz. I really like Crisp and was huge supporter on this board but even you can't argue Ellsbury is the better player.

Sure he can. Just wait.

I'd taske up that argument.  Ellsbury has more talent, but he hasn't put it together consistenetly, and hasn't stayed on the field.  Through no fault of his own, but it is still time off.

Crisp has been an excellent player, if not a little injury-prone himself.

And Crisp's 2007 fielding was about as good a year as I've ever seen in a CFer.  Every night I'd see the highlights, and think they were playing last night's highlights.  But it was a new highlight, every night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Once managment made the decision to go with Ellsbury and put Crisp in their dumpster, Crisp handled it well and ended up taking over for Ellsbury after Tito benched Ellsbury for zero confidence reasons.

Crisp would be traded to Kansas City for Ramon Ramirez, who was later traded for the great Dan Turpen, who was later traded for the great Michael McKenry, who was traded for cash and a player to be named later or cash, and I believe it ended up as cash.

Note:     In Game 5 of the 2007 ALCS, Coco Crisp had a game-tying hit in the bottom of the 8th inning to cap Boston's 7-run comeback. Boston would go on to win the game 8–7 with a walk-off single in the ninth inning by J. D. Drewbut lose the series in 7 games.

You ARE high!!!

High as a freakin' kite!

Next, he'll claim it was a "typo".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I love Coco Crisp. Had Game 7 of the ALCS not been a blowout, his catch in the triangle for the final out would have been legendary. Glad he's still doing well.

That was a great catch.  I'm glad people remember.  Some players would be in the dumps after losing their job.  CC darns near kills himself making the catch.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Good to see you finally realized we won in 2007. Maybe there's hope for you yet... in 5 to 6 years maybe.

Note:     In Game 5 of the 2007 ALCS, Coco Crisp had a game-tying hit in the bottom of the 8th inning to cap Boston's 7-run comeback. Boston would go on to win the game 8–7 with a walk-off single in the ninth inning by J. D. Drew, and win the series in 7 games.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

If the Red Sox get rid of a player and that player has a good 8 games for another team, the Red Sox are a losing brand. Softlaw will be silent when Crisp's average is down to .250 and Lowrie is on the DL. I predict that will happen right at the start of the new season of Bachelor Pad.

25. This post has been removed.