Collector's Edition Boxed Set.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Collector's Edition Boxed Set.

I highly recommend the 2013 Collector's Edition Boxed Set to all of Red Sox Nation. Reasonably priced, it includes eight DVD discs. Game 6 of the ALCS and all 6 World Series games in their entirety. Including trophy and MVP presentations. It has an audio option to use the Sox radio feed, perfectly in sync with the telecast. A bonus disc features highlights of the season, ALDS, ALCS , all walk off wins and other good stuff. Really, a must have for all Sox fans. P.S. I am not being paid for this promo. I just think every poster here should have this in their collection. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Collector's Edition Boxed Set.

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I highly recommend the 2013 Collector's Edition Boxed Set to all of Red Sox Nation. Reasonably priced, it includes eight DVD discs. Game 6 of the ALCS and all 6 World Series games in their entirety. Including trophy and MVP presentations. It has an audio option to use the Sox radio feed, perfectly in sync with the telecast. A bonus disc features highlights of the season, ALDS, ALCS , all walk off wins and other good stuff. Really, a must have for all Sox fans. P.S. I am not being paid for this promo. I just think every poster here should have this in their collection. 

+++1, gale. I got it as a Christmas gift and was my favorite, bar none.  I went to my brothers and we watched it together, with his son, who was in Europe during the World Series. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its well worth the $1200 they are asking for it.

Tongue Out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its well worth the $1200 they are asking for it.

Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

It's about 40 on Amazon. A few bucks cheaper on e-bay. Not bad for 8 discs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I havent bought it yet because I dont like the layout. No alds games at all? Only game 6 of the alcs? Dont like that. And plus, I dont want to see all six WS games, only the ones we won. Do I really want to watch "obstruction" again? Never. I usually buy the sets, but have not bought this one. I have all the games saved on my dvr except for game 1 against TB. The only reason I didnt get that one was because stupid MLBN didnt advertise when they were going to broadcast it, it just showed up suddenly and I didnt know it. I do have the "Band of Bearded Brothers" blue ray from nesn, and its fantastic. If you dont have it, pick it up. Its better than the mlb 2013 Red Sox video.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I havent bought it yet because I dont like the layout. No alds games at all? Only game 6 of the alcs? Dont like that. And plus, I dont want to see all six WS games, only the ones we won. Do I really want to watch "obstruction" again? Never. I usually buy the sets, but have not bought this one. I have all the games saved on my dvr except for game 1 against TB. The only reason I didnt get that one was because stupid MLBN didnt advertise when they were going to broadcast it, it just showed up suddenly and I didnt know it. I do have the "Band of Bearded Brothers" blue ray from nesn, and its fantastic. If you dont have it, pick it up. Its better than the mlb 2013 Red Sox video.

[/QUOTE]

It has some highlights from the ALDS and ALCS games, but not much else.  A few other features.  Probably more of a collector's item than something you would watch over and over.  I have 2004 and 2007, as well as 1975.  Do you have the 1975? I know you follow the Reds as well as the Sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I haven't watched the DVDs yet, so please don't tell me the ending.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty good, kim. Smile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Sounds like a great package for the money.  Thanks, denny.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty good, kim. Smile

[/QUOTE] yeah, especially the part where.......Tongue Out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty good, kim. Smile

[/QUOTE]

Nice move, Jete.  Check.... and... mate!  :-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I got the set as a Christmas gift as well.  I've only watched the the first two games so far, but look forward to watching the rest soon.

There is nothing that matches the emotions of watching the games live.  That said, I tend to miss some things when watching live because of all of the nail biting tension.  I like being able to go back and really watch the games closely, and just enjoy the beauty of the game, without that big knot in my stomach.

I will often watch a big/key play or a big strikeout 5 or 6 times in a row, focusing on a different perspective each time.  The infamous "Fielder Flop" is one such play that I had to watch over and over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Does it have a  little segment of the Yankees elimination from post-season contention?  That would be a nice little sweetener . . . :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does it have a  little segment of the Yankees elimination from post-season contention?  That would be a nice little sweetener . . . :)

[/QUOTE] LOL..bastid..Tongue Out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

It has some highlights from the ALDS and ALCS games, but not much else.  A few other features.  Probably more of a collector's item than something you would watch over and over.  I have 2004 and 2007, as well as 1975.  Do you have the 1975? I know you follow the Reds as well as the Sox.

Yeah, I have the 75 set. It was the only chance I got to watch the Big Red Machine. I was a baby when that stuff happened for real. Id like to have a 1990 WS set too, but all I have is game 4 that I downloaded off itunes. MLB will not make it. The other 3 WS games and that great series against the Pirates are lost forever I guess. Game 4 was particularly good--where Eric Davis threw out Bonilla trying to stretch a double into a triple? One of the best outfield throws ever considering the circumstances. Chris Sabo barely had to move his glove, the ball just landed in it and Bonilla slid into the tag. Perfect. But the ball was hit to center, Hatcher tried to make a leaping catch and slammed into the wall. Davis was playing left, ran all the way over to center to get the carom, then made that throw. That play was the backbreaker in that series. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-aUWlioECuM

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty good, kim. Smile

[/QUOTE]

Smile

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty good, kim. Smile

[/QUOTE]

Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] LOL..bastid..Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

It could be the Smiley-Beni Day segment! CoolTongue Out