COLONEL HENRY..... "TRANSFORM THIS TEAM"!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

COLONEL HENRY..... "TRANSFORM THIS TEAM"!!!!!!

AS SOON AS THE  G M SITUATION IS RESOLVED & THE NEW MANAGER IS ABOARD ..... THIS ROSTER NEEDS TO BE "TRANSFORMED"  !!!!  WHAT SAY YOU ?? ALL YOU T-BALLERS  !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: COLONEL HENRY..... "TRANSFORM THIS TEAM"!!!!!!

I agree 100%. Take a right off on Lackey (better yet, make the Cubs take him with Theo). Tony Pena, manger. Trade Crawford for Worth or Soriano. No to Varitek; it was nice, now it's over. Resign Papi; it was nice, it's not over. If they can't dump Crawford for a right handed bat, somehow try to get Kemp including offering Ells and money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: COLONEL HENRY..... "TRANSFORM THIS TEAM"!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I agree 100%. Take a right off on Lackey (better yet, make the Cubs take him with Theo). Tony Pena, manger. Trade Crawford for Worth or Soriano. No to Varitek; it was nice, now it's over. Resign Papi; it was nice, it's not over. If they can't dump Crawford for a right handed bat, somehow try to get Kemp including offering Ells and money.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Stop talking baseball from now on plz... obviously you say things without thinking.  There is no player named Worth.  His name is Jason Werth.  Jason Werth was like Crawford in Nationals this season.  What makes you think Werth will play better here in Fenway than Crawford next year?? Do you just want a right handed bat?? Crawford-Werth or Soriano makes completely no sense.  Varitek will be back for one more year.  Captain actually had a decent enough year that he might get one more year at discounted price.  Salty and Lavarn aren't ready yet for Sox to carry only these two.  It's up to Tek for coming back next season. 
    And this was ridiculous.  dump Crawford for a right hand bat, somehow try to get Kemp including Ells and money????? Are you serious??? So you are willing to package CC, Ells, and cash for Kemp??? NO....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

In Response to Re: COLONEL HENRY..... "TRANSFORM THIS TEAM"!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I agree 100%. Take a right off on Lackey (better yet, make the Cubs take him with Theo). Tony Pena, manger. Trade Crawford for Worth or Soriano. No to Varitek; it was nice, now it's over. Resign Papi; it was nice, it's not over. If they can't dump Crawford for a right handed bat, somehow try to get Kemp including offering Ells and money.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Man. What are you doing?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Sorry about the typo; but it was probably werth it to you, so you could, errr, express yourself. The idea is to dump CC for another expensive dissapointment such as Werth or Soriano (since another team might trade their mistake for the Red Sox mistake), who will at least add some right-side thump; I'm not the ferst to have proposed this idea. The Ells for Kemp trade (what's so bad about Kemp, legit triple crown contender?) is if they can't dump CC therefore don't need two lefthanded lead off or 2nd hitters. Pedroia, CC, Agon, Kemp, Papi, Youk....pretty good first six, no? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I don't necessarily get all the Kemp speculation, aside from the fact that he had an amazing year and the new breed of Red Sox fan thinks every good player should wear a Red Sox uniform.  Some have Pujols coming to town to DH and play the OF.....clowns!!

Why would the Dodgers trade Kemp for Ellsbury?  Both have a big pay day coming, so wouldn't it make more sense for the Dodgers to pay Kemp, if they are going to pay someone?  It certainly doesn't make sense for the Red Sox to give away what few quality prospects they have left in the system now to sweeten the deal so they can basically swap CF's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In my time as a Red Sox fan they have reached the World Series when they have had more right handed slugging to compliment left handed slugging such as Manny/Millar/Youk and Papi/Damon in 2004 and Manny/Youk/Pedroia and Papi/Ells in 2007; Rice/Dewey/Henderson/Armas and Boggs/Greenwell in 1986; Rice/Dewy/Fisk/Hobson and Yaz/Lynn in 1975; and Scott/Conigliaro/Harrelson and Yaz/Smith. In each year they reached the World Series the right handed sluggers outnumbered the left handed ones. Maybe it's just coincidence, maybe it isn't. Any more name calling?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

since when is Henry a colonel?...good grief...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

So more RH slugging equals more world series appearances is the logic behind a trade that seemingly makes no sense for either team?  Okay.  I don't disagree that this team needs another RH bat but an Ellsbury for Kemp trade sure seems like a round about way to make that happen.  Again, why would the Dodgers trade Kemp to get Ellsbury who is in almost an identical contractual situation.  It just makes no sense.

Youk in 2004?  Not really.  Did have Nixon, Bellhorn both as regulars and L/R Tek and and Mueller.  Guess that didn't really suit your point though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AFTER WHAT JUST CAME OUT THIS MORNING ...... 2/3 RD'S  OF THIS TEAM NEEDS TO GO.....    COLONEL, "TRANSFORM"THIS TEAM !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

COLONEL,  I WILL GIVE YOU THE BENEFIT OF DOUBT.....  I KNOW THAT YOU ARE WAITING TO RESOLVE THEOS SHIFT, THEN THE "TRANSFORMING" WILL BEGIN !!!