Compensation!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Compensation!!!!!

I have a question for all those diehard Sox fans out there what the heck is going on with the compensation for Theo? what is it just OK for the Cubs too raid the Sox Front offices without any remuniation??????????????? what happened too Selig did he lose his sack? Last I heard he was going to make the decision for them if they couldn't agree to the compensation and from what I can see they can't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Re: Compensation!!!!!

Asked the same thing, but the idiots on this board didn't reply. funny how the people who all discuss baseball 24/7 on here and suck eachothers co,cks know the least and dont even discuss the actual important stuff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I'm no fan of Selig but the Sox and Cubs both agreed to put it off so I really don't think he can be blamed for the situation.  And the Sox allowed Epstein to go before they agreed on compensation so they have nobody else to blame for being where they are now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

This comp is a farce--the only thing I can say is John Henry you are responsible for allowing Theo to walk with virtually no comp. I'm  wondering where the leadership is on the Sox--JH you have given up control to LL and he is passing the blame to Ben.

Theo is making the top three look like Larry, Curley and Moe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Weren't they waiting for some draft or non-tender deadline?  That way Theo will have more farm hands to offer for his own compensation.  Makes sense for Theo and the Cubs, but it does seem like the Sox are getting short shrift on this.  Why hasn't Bud stepped in to make sure compensation is fair for both sides?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

The problem is that the Cubs know there is no rule on what kind of compensation deal that they need to make with Boston.  So therefore, they can just take their time.  It is just Theo being behind of all of this!!

Dont worry, Boston will fight as as hard as they can to get the best compensation deal as they get!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

The more you see of the roster disaster that theo left behind the more you realize that the sox owe compensation to the cubs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I really think the sox will get the short end of the stick in compensation but the
    Cubs will probably ask for compensation when they find out how inept Theo really is...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

The more you see of the roster disaster that theo left behind the more you realize that the sox owe compensation to the cubs

True, but don't tell the Cubs owner that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Why not wait and see if the Sox take a player from the Cubs during the Rule V draft (which I think is tomorrow)?

If the Sox take a player from the Cubs, there is your compensation.  We won't have to waste a roster spot for a year, or have to make a side deal or send cash.

DONE!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Texas Rangers reportedly are talking with Cubs about a Matt Garza trade:

http://twitter.com/#!/ESPNChiCubs/status/144618618896912384

http://twitter.com/#!/DKnobler/status/144619887338336257

Perhaps the Cubs could flip a Ranger prospect the Red Sox as compensation for Theo Epstein.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Garza is like a pet rock.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I still say give them Jenks and call it even.  

We could use the $6M towards get 2 arms.

(Dice-K, lackey or CC would be better, but I think Jenks is more realistic.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Jenks contract fans have very short memory banks. I said to avoid that south side dumpster like the smell of the south side. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, you did.

Here's a chance to send him to the otherside of Chitown.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Compensation!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I still say give them Jenks and call it even.   We could use the $6M towards get 2 arms. (Dice-K, lackey or CC would be better, but I think Jenks is more realistic.)
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

It is kind of funny that Theo would never in his right mind take horrible players the Sox have... that Theo signed in the first place.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You mean, he wouldn't take Aceves?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The Cubs owner needs to be aware of Theo's overspending tendencies:
    Overspent for CC--no others bid near the Sox.
    Overspent for Dice with the closest being $10 to 20 M less( Posting Fee).
    Don't know for sure about Beckett or Lackey--

If Theo thinks Prince and or Yu Darvish are the guys, long term, the checkbook will be empty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Now if Cubs trade Garza to the Rangers, then Boston will give the Cubs more harder time with the compensation deal.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]The Cubs owner needs to be aware of Theo's oversending tendencies: Overspent for CC--no others bid near the Sox. Overspent for Dice with the closest being $10 to 20 M less( Posting Fee). Don't know for sure about Beckett or Lackey-- If Theo thinks Prince and or Yu Darvish are the guys, long term, the checkbook will be empty.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Beckett never made it to free agency.

At the time, there was talk that Lackey would get close to $100M, and when Theo signed him for "only" $85M, some thought we got him "cheap". I don't recall ever hearing any other teams were in the bidding for John, but I'm pretty sure he would have gotten close to that elsewhere... just a guess.

Needless to say, the CC and Lackey signings are really biting our "you know what" right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think CC will eventually play up to his potential (but never be worth what he is being paid) and help the Sox.  Lackey is a total wash even when healthy.  That's why the FA market is like rolling the dice.  Just seems like the Sox can't do much right when it comes to choosing their FAs.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]Why not wait and see if the Sox take a player from the Cubs during the Rule V draft (which I think is tomorrow)? If the Sox take a player from the Cubs, there is your compensation.  We won't have to waste a roster spot for a year, or have to make a side deal or send cash. DONE!!!
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Marwin Gonzalez was taken by the Sox.  Not exactly a top prospect.  Can it really be considered compensation if he is a Rule V guy?  If he doesn't stick he goes back to the Cubs. 

25. This post has been removed.