Congrats to "BIG PAPI", our BOSTON RED SOX & RED SOX NATION.... FROM: DAD & BILL-806....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Congrats to "BIG PAPI", our BOSTON RED SOX & RED SOX NATION.... FROM: DAD & BILL-806....

YES, BILL-806 WAS WAY OFF THE MARK WITH "BIG PAPI"  and has taken the heat from this board for being a lousey  G M & MANAGER......  That being said,  Bill-806 is thrilled the way the season starting in April was so interesting as a "grind them out" night after night through the playoffs & W S .......  As wrong as I was about PAPI, I was very pleased the way he got better & better from September on !!!!  To my fellow posters, thanks for all the "back & forth" all summer long .......  Enjoy the PARADE all, "HOT-STOVE" starts on Sunday !!!!!!   DAD & BILL-806 !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stalino. Show Stalino's posts

Re: Congrats to

Like it or not, David Ortiz is the king of baseball

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

YES, BILL-806 WAS WAY OFF THE MARK WITH "BIG PAPI"  and has taken the heat from this board for being a lousey  G M & MANAGER......  That being said,  Bill-806 is thrilled the way the season starting in April was so interesting as a "grind them out" night after night through the playoffs & W S .......  As wrong as I was about PAPI, I was very pleased the way he got better & better from September on !!!!  To my fellow posters, thanks for all the "back & forth" all summer long .......  Enjoy the PARADE all, "HOT-STOVE" starts on Sunday !!!!!!   DAD & BILL-806 !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bill, 

I've been one of your bigger critics, but give you lots of credit for coming out and admitting you were wrong. Enjoy the Parade. Not sure what Hot Stove is but whatever it is, enjoy.

Cheers,

Hetch 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bill, 

I've been one of your bigger critics, but give you lots of credit for coming out and admitting you were wrong. Enjoy the Parade. Not sure what Hot Stove is but whatever it is, enjoy.

Cheers,

Hetch 

[/QUOTE]Thanks hetch, I know that I can be a "PAIN"  !!!       HOT STOVE= "CONTINUED TRANSFORMATION" !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill......I'll continue to pester you as much as I possibly can..... but on this day I'll 'take a knee'.  Great season for sure!!  Hard to believe that HUGE decisions on this team has to be decided by Monday!!  

Also Bill..... I'm sure DAD is enjoying this victory too. 

Take good care. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

you were a pia but all in all you had the balls to admit you were wrong

your now a level above softy and jackbu

enjoy the off season and remember this lesson you learned when

spring training rolls around

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill it was a Great Season one that we can treasure forever. Glad to have a New Bill here to enjoy it, while many other of the so called baseball experts have vanished.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't give Bill that much credit, but completely agree we all make mistakes and lousy predictions.  And we should all admit them when we can. 

Bill had a lot of company on the Ortiz front.  I thought signing him for 2 more years was the right move because he seemed our best hitter after AGon left.  I was hoping the achilles would not be a problem.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/hl-60290105/the_tonight_show_with_jay_leno_big_papis_home_run_twerk_season_22

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Bill, I can only accept your mia culpa and your turn around of good will if you promise NEVER to disrespect The Greatest Post Season Hitter of All Time again like you did all year.  Its what I have been trying to tell you:  there is a Mt. Rushmore of Sox hitters:  Teddy-Yaz-Ortiz.  He deserves so much better than you gave him this year, even if he was declining and his injury was a sign of that decline.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

he continues to disrespect him.  all his posts the last week separate big papi from the team.

"Go Red Sox and Big Papi too"

even the title of this thread he separates them.

it's disingenuous and disrespectful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill, I can only accept your mia culpa and your turn around of good will if you promise NEVER to disrespect The Greatest Post Season Hitter of All Time again like you did all year.  Its what I have been trying to tell you:  there is a Mt. Rushmore of Sox hitters:  Teddy-Yaz-Ortiz.  He deserves so much better than you gave him this year, even if he was declining and his injury was a sign of that decline.  

[/QUOTE]

Come on space, bill is a good guy cut him some slack. He didn't think ortiz could keep up because of his age, I thought the same thing.  No big deal. He wasn't showing disrespect, he was just offering his opinion. 

I'm glad you and spacegirl can relax and have a good time tonight!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are a good man bill, I always knew it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK,OK,OK,OK !!!!!!   actually, for what it's worth.........  I rolled the dice in April that when he couldn't answer the bell after not being on the field at all for spring training, I just thought the odds were that as May turned into June then July Then August that "HEEL" had no shot at making it as the rigors of baseball would eventually blow it out......  Again I was wrong.......  This off season I PROMISE not to practice anymore MEDICAL advice and will put my strengths to being an active  G M asst. to Ben C.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on space, bill is a good guy cut him some slack. He didn't think ortiz could keep up because of his age, I thought the same thing.  No big deal. He wasn't showing disrespect, he was just offering his opinion. 

[/QUOTE]

You I will never 'take a knee' to......you're just a brainwashed nut.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are a good man bill, I always knew it!

[/QUOTE]

You're too old for Bill......leave him alone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he continues to disrespect him.  all his posts the last week separate big papi from the team.

[/QUOTE]

YEP.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad Bill finally admitted he screwed up.

I'll cut his some slack, from now on.

But, please...

Bill did a LOT more than just "offer his opinion".

He flooded the board with crap about Ortiz.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

YEP.

[/QUOTE]

He singled out ortiz because he was negative about him in the beginning so he wanted to give special kudos.  He is being positive, cut him some slack.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But, please...

[/QUOTE]

Good grief, the sox just won the world series and here you are dumping on bill.  Oh well....

Congrats to the world champion sox!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

YEP.

[/QUOTE]

He singled out ortiz because he was negative about him in the beginning so he wanted to give special kudos.  He is being positive, cut him some slack.

[/QUOTE]

puhshhhhhaw

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But, please...

[/QUOTE]

Good grief, the sox just won the world series and here you are dumping on bill.  Oh well....

Congrats to the world champion sox!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Wrong again.

I'm dumping on you for not seeing things as they really are.

Buy a clue, for a change...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

67, I know Bill is good people.  And he knows I know he is good people.  Me and Bill, we go back.  But I won't cut him slack on this one.  Perfectly fine to project Papi failure due to age.  Understandable.  But when you keep harping on it in the face of massive evidence to the contrary, well, then there is another agenda at play.  Probably Softy's, but thats all good.  

Since you posted this, Bill himself promised to behave better regarding papi.  So, I shall cease and desist.  In any case, its all in good fun.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK,OK,OK,OK !!!!!!   actually, for what it's worth.........  I rolled the dice in April that when he couldn't answer the bell after not being on the field at all for spring training, I just thought the odds were that as May turned into June then July Then August that "HEEL" had no shot at making it as the rigors of baseball would eventually blow it out......  Again I was wrong.......  This off season I PROMISE not to practice anymore MEDICAL advice and will put my strengths to being an active  G M asst. to Ben C.

[/QUOTE]

No more playing Doctor.  Just nursing Gansetts. :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No more playing Doctor.  Just nursing Gansetts. :)

[/QUOTE]CoolSurprisedTongue OutAs DAD would say ...............  "SON, maybe thats the problem" !!!!