Congratulations to the Yanks on Winning the Division

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Congratulations to the Yanks on Winning the Division

Can't say I'll be rooting for them in the post season, but they earned it.

The sox were too pathetic to even play the spoiler, and have any say in the outcome, getting sweep by both the orioles and the yankees.

Hopefully, the sox will be relevant again soon. This year was their worst season since 1966, and they bounced right back in 1967 after that. OK, I know it's a long shot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Congratulations to the Yanks on Winning the Division

I do not like the Yankees so I will not congratulate them.  

But the Yankees are now hot and healthy at the perfect time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On behalf of the Yankees I would like to thank all those who send best wishes and good luck in the battle for the American league title. It will not be an easy task to overcome young talent presented by the A's and Orioles, but with all you fans behind us, it may make the task a little easier. Thanks you once again !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I hate the Yankees, more with each victory that they seem to so easily come by 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Congratulations to the Yankees.  Although, I already said that they would win the division. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Thanks MIke, you are class personified.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Wow, a congrats to the Yankees thread on a Red Sox board ! What a sad state of affairs.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks MIke, you are class personified.

[/QUOTE] hey Steven, an even 10k...grats'.. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Thanks Mike.

An individual congratulatory post from each of pike's characters is probably something we should not count on.

Can't understand why he retired the miserable wench kst she was such a delightful read.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, a congrats to the Yankees thread on a Red Sox board ! What a sad state of affairs.

[/QUOTE]Not really. Sportsmanship should win out all of the time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Yes and no.

Pitching is still a little suspect.

A watered down Sox and Jay's lineup not a true test.

The real test will present itself shortly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks Mike.

An individual congratulatory post from each of pike's characters is probably something we should not count on.

Can't understand why he retired the miserable wench kst she was such a delightful read.

[/QUOTE]

I don't really think that they are one and the same, but even she couldn't put a positive spin on this outcome. I think that is why she disappeared.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm not going to pretend that I'm rooting for the Yanks, I'm rooting hard against them. I want them to lose and lose in excruciating fashion. The As or the Orioles would be awesome to see advance.

There's nothing "fair and square" in baseball given revenue disparaties (and I've maintained that position even when the Red Sox have won) but that said that Yanks are a much better run organization right now than the Red Sox and that isn't any fun to watch. 

That said I've never had anything against the Yankee posters who have frequented here, overall it's a pretty good lot, Babe was the only one I couldn't stomach. Nothing personal to you guys, just like watching your team losing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Congrats to the Yanks, really. F them! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] there ya go..the Nation has returned ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] there ya go..the Nation has returned ;)

[/QUOTE]

Lol, some of my best friends are NY fans. If I congratulated them they would slap me across the face then tell me to snap out of it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I for one would love to see the Yankees crash and burn. Being a long time Red Sox fan it was pathetic to watch them go down like they did. The Yankees still have talent and won the division. On the other hand being here in the DC area there is an excitement for baseball after so many years of mediocrity. The Nats are the talk of the town which I expect they would be and the Orioles right up the road. I would like to see a Nats-Orioles World Series. These are both well runned organizations and deserve to be there. Hopefully the Red Sox don't take until December to find a new manager and staff.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

who cares about the Yankees!!!        See you next year!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

unfortunately this record keeps on skipping and shows no sign of ever stopping.

in past years i would wish for death to the entire team is some disastrous accident, but as i have "matured" i only wish that the entire team go out to dinner together tomorrow night and all get life threatening food poisoning.  may they all pull through (except a-rod of course) but not until ~14-October.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Yankees are not hot.  Just Cano being a hot hitter!!

Plus a favorable schedule helped them to prevent Orioles winning the division.

But if you talk about Yankees do not have deep pitching, so are all other teams.

Detriot only have Verlander, Fisher and Scherez.  Texas are all b@nged up.  Orioles/A's are not too bad, but no post season experience among these pitchers.  

but good thing that the Yankees get Detriot if they both will play against each other for seven games series.  You dont want Yankees to face Detriot for five games series before Yankees can face Oakland or Orioles who both have no post season experience in ALCS!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yankees are not hot.  Just Cano being a hot hitter!!

Plus a favorable schedule helped them to prevent Orioles winning the division.

But if you talk about Yankees do not have deep pitching, so are all other teams.

Detriot only have Verlander, Fisher and Scherez.  Texas are all b@nged up.  Orioles/A's are not too bad, but no post season experience among these pitchers.  

but good thing that the Yankees get Detriot if they both will play against each other for seven games series.  You dont want Yankees to face Detriot for five games series before Yankees can face Oakland or Orioles who both have no post season experience in ALCS!!

[/QUOTE] in some cases it could help, sometimes the excitement kicks in and  they forget they're supposed to be nervous...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not going to pretend that I'm rooting for the Yanks, I'm rooting hard against them. I want them to lose and lose in excruciating fashion. The As or the Orioles would be awesome to see advance.

There's nothing "fair and square" in baseball given revenue disparaties (and I've maintained that position even when the Red Sox have won) but that said that Yanks are a much better run organization right now than the Red Sox and that isn't any fun to watch. 

That said I've never had anything against the Yankee posters who have frequented here, overall it's a pretty good lot, Babe was the only one I couldn't stomach. Nothing personal to you guys, just like watching your team losing.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, BTS. I can't say I'm glad it was you, if it couldn't be us, but it helps take some of the sting out knowing some good NYY fans, as friends, coworkers and posters. That said, I'll be rooting for anyone who plays the Yankees.