Conspiracy...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Conspiracy...

Consider:

Poised to make mincemeat of opposition pitching after hammering double figure wins in 3 of 6 games and at least 8 times already this season, winning 12 of 14 and blowing by their ancient archrivals, the Red Sox fall off the cart and not only cannot  seem to win … they cannot even score.

Strong young Clay Bucholz back issues suddenly took him out for 15 day DL … now may not return until after All Star game.

Josh Becket was pitching like was reborn into his younger form.  Then a strange malady pushed him out of the line up …

The Sox fielded two fellas with BAs just above  the  absolute  zero.  At the same time, game after game …. and this with a farm system with  promising prospects ready to step in…

New star Carl Crawford is out on the 15 day DL …. But is now  about 40% …Huh?

What happened overnight to change things?

Frank McC**rt…  (Name changed to protect the innocent)

Even though  we all know that really did not happen overnight, it reached critical mass and something had to be done…

Conspiracy revealed …

With the difficulties of the famed Dodger franchise  becoming a mix of  the comical and morbid,  the established leadership of the baseball world  called an emergency high level conference.

The long and the short of it is that John Henry was asked to sacrifice, for a little while, for the  “good of the game.”  

If he were willing, to pull the reigns in on the Red Sox for a short while, thus re-energizing the flagging hopes and growing fears of NY fans everywhere, the “game of baseball” could be spared a double melt down.  The Dodgers would be given time to work out a deal with the commissioner’s office and viable new owners, like what they did in Arlington last season … Baseball would save a hallowed franchise and all would be well.

Conspiracy deniable, so perfect tool…

Everyone loves a conspiracy.  And they are good for business.  Mark Cuban, not an owner “YET”, suggested  that a quick look at the “Paul is dead” conspiracy and what it did for the Beatles…

Walks increase, but only marginally and in possibly important moments … which means even  the umpires’ association is in on it.   You don’t think that umps keep notes on players?  

Stop for a minute and think of how easy it has been to throw off John Lackey.  Don’t give him the close calls, even make an outrageously bad call once in a while … and make sure the opponent gets those close ones.   What happens?  BOOM, John loses  his grits and the game is almost a handout.

The return?

Well, it’s not all known, of course … and I’ll not put all I assume here just yet.

But the promise of being allowed to stay close  enough to eventually maybe win the division or wild card are built in …

And the sudden acquisition of a “significant” player is part of it …

Theo let that part slip when he announced the Sox would make a block buster
    deal…

Oh well, who can blame him for feeling his oats? 

More on this later …..

You DO know I’m just kidding, don’t you?

About a man who’s made bundles of dough of hedging his bets???  Hmmmmm…..

Of course, I’m kidding.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Conspiracy...

You shouldn't post stuff like this; many here shall believe it, LOL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Wink, wink

:o)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Speaking of conspiracy theories and the Dodgers,

They had a farm club in Nevada called the '51's.

In case you aren't aware that is short for AREA 51. And they had a picture of an alien's face on the logo.

I'm thinking UFO's have landed, drugged McCourt and are going to make a  serious bid to buy the Dodgers with fake money they make in their spaceships. Once in charge , they will use alien technology to clone greats of the game, such as Sandy Koufax, Ted Williams and Willie Mays. This team will go 162-0 in 2012...this will cause outrage in the other big cities, bringing forth death and destruction which will be mistaken for armeggedon. Religious types will say ,"I told you so" , the power grid will explode and the sun will go nova, causing massive global warming such as Al Gore has never seen. Amid all this, the baseball season will be suspended and there will be no World Series....thwarting the aliens attempt to win the championship and take the trophy back to Alpha Centuri or wherever the helll the came from.

This would make a great book or even better a 3D movie!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Welcome aboard Zill!

Only if the sun goes nova, we won't be here 8 minutes later ....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In Response to Re: Conspiracy...:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of conspiracy theories and the Dodgers, They had a farm club in Nevada called the '51's. In case you aren't aware that is short for AREA 51. And they had a picture of an alien's face on the logo. I'm thinking UFO's have landed, drugged McCourt and are going to make a  serious bid to buy the Dodgers with fake money they make in their spaceships. Once in charge , they will use alien technology to clone greats of the game, such as Sandy Koufax, Ted Williams and Willie Mays. This team will go 162-0 in 2012...this will cause outrage in the other big cities, bringing forth death and destruction which will be mistaken for armeggedon. Religious types will say ,"I told you so" , the power grid will explode and the sun will go nova, causing massive global warming such as Al Gore has never seen. Amid all this, the baseball season will be suspended and there will be no World Series....thwarting the aliens attempt to win the championship and take the trophy back to Alpha Centuri or wherever the helll the came from. This would make a great book or even better a 3D movie!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

The Book, The Movie,.... The Ride!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Dumb posts like this are why I rarely bother to read the garbage that is posted on Boston.com.  This is troll quality crap.

Hetchinspete

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Hetchinspete, lighten up.

We're just having some fun.

If you don't like reading it, go on to the next post.

My friend SinceYaz is a good poster here, and most of the regulars , like me, enjoy his wit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Hetchinspete, lighten up. We're just having some fun. If you don't like reading it, go on to the next post. My friend SinceYaz is a good poster here, and most of the regulars , like me, enjoy his wit.  

Thoroughly enjoyable for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRNYYGL. Show FRNYYGL's posts

This thread is another literary masterpiece.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Dumb posts like this are why I rarely bother to read the garbage that is posted on Boston.com.  This is troll quality crap. Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

I didn't know trolls had quality crap.  Imagine the possibilities, niche sales, haute manure ...

Thanks for the tip, hetch ... I might even let you in on the royalties.  :o)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Hetchinspete, lighten up. We're just having some fun. If you don't like reading it, go on to the next post. My friend SinceYaz is a good poster here, and most of the regulars , like me, enjoy his wit.  

Gratzi Zill ...

and yours is highly enjoyable as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of conspiracy theories and the Dodgers, They had a farm club in Nevada called the '51's. In case you aren't aware that is short for AREA 51. And they had a picture of an alien's face on the logo. I'm thinking UFO's have landed, drugged McCourt and are going to make a  serious bid to buy the Dodgers with fake money they make in their spaceships. Once in charge , they will use alien technology to clone greats of the game, such as Sandy Koufax, Ted Williams and Willie Mays. This team will go 162-0 in 2012...this will cause outrage in the other big cities, bringing forth death and destruction which will be mistaken for armeggedon. Religious types will say ,"I told you so" , the power grid will explode and the sun will go nova, causing massive global warming such as Al Gore has never seen. Amid all this, the baseball season will be suspended and there will be no World Series....thwarting the aliens attempt to win the championship and take the trophy back to Alpha Centuri or wherever the helll the came from. This would make a great book or even better a 3D movie!

The upheaval will start here at bdc.  It will begin the next time Terry inserts Darnell MacDonald into the lineup, especially if he's batting in the 5th spot.  Like the Army in Egypt, the Sheriff's office may even have to form a tentative coalition with the Basher Brigade. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

There ARE turning points in history ...

Let them eat cake led to losing one's head (historically incorrect sttatement, but Marie lost her head anyhoo...)

Sheriff, you've accepted much responsibility before.  We could do worse then following your lead on this issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]There ARE turning points in history ...    Let them eat cake led to losing one's head (historically incorrect sttatement, but Marie lost her head anyhoo...)    Sheriff, you've accepted much responsibility before.  We could do worse then following your lead on this issue.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

SY, MLB caught wind of this thread and immediately sent orders to Houston for the Red Sox to play as they're capable of playing.  This even included pressure applied to one Bradley Mills to have his pitcher serve up a gopher ball to Darnell MacDonald.  Today's game was just window dressing and their way of trying to throw us off the path.  Don't buy into it!  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 6/10/2011
    Last: 7/3/2011
    SY, MLB caught wind of this thread and immediately sent orders to Houston for the Red Sox to play as they're capable of playing.  This even included pressure applied to one Bradley Mills to have his pitcher serve up a gopher ball to Darnell MacDonald.  Today's game was just window dressing and their way of trying to throw us off the path.  Don't buy into it!  

I got my eye in it, sir.  We'll make sure the truth is out there!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Great reading Yaz. Truly a very clever post. I am sure that some un-named regulars on this board will take it seriously. They may even try to add an "Oliver Stone-esque" conspiracy spin to it. Some nonsense like the umpires fix the games for the Yank$. Anyway, keep up the good writing! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRNYYGL. Show FRNYYGL's posts

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

In Response to Conspiracy...:
    [QUOTE]Consider:   Poised to make mincemeat of opposition pitching after hammering double figure wins in 3 of 6 games and at least 8 times already this season, winning 12 of 14 and blowing by their ancient archrivals, the Red Sox fall off the cart and not only cannot  seem to win … they cannot even score.   Strong young Clay Bucholz back issues suddenly took him out for 15 day DL … now may not return until after All Star game.   Josh Becket was pitching like was reborn into his younger form.  Then a strange malady pushed him out of the line up …   The Sox fielded two fellas with BAs just above  the  absolute  zero.  At the same time, game after game …. and this with a farm system with  promising prospects ready to step in…   New star Carl Crawford is out on the 15 day DL …. But is now  about 40% …Huh?   What happened overnight to change things?   Frank McC**rt…  (Name changed to protect the innocent)   Even though  we all know that really did not happen overnight, it reached critical mass and something had to be done… Conspiracy revealed …   With the difficulties of the famed Dodger franchise  becoming a mix of  the comical and morbid,  the established leadership of the baseball world  called an emergency high level conference.   The long and the short of it is that John Henry was asked to sacrifice, for a little while, for the  “good of the game.”     If he were willing, to pull the reigns in on the Red Sox for a short while, thus re-energizing the flagging hopes and growing fears of NY fans everywhere, the “game of baseball” could be spared a double melt down.  The Dodgers would be given time to work out a deal with the commissioner’s office and viable new owners, like what they did in Arlington last season … Baseball would save a hallowed franchise and all would be well.   Conspiracy deniable, so perfect tool… Everyone loves a conspiracy.  And they are good for business.  Mark Cuban, not an owner “YET”, suggested  that a quick look at the “Paul is dead” conspiracy and what it did for the Beatles… Walks increase, but only marginally and in possibly important moments … which means even  the umpires’ association is in on it.   You don’t think that umps keep notes on players?   Stop for a minute and think of how easy it has been to throw off John Lackey.  Don’t give him the close calls, even make an outrageously bad call once in a while … and make sure the opponent gets those close ones.   What happens?  BOOM, John loses  his grits and the game is almost a handout. The return? Well, it’s not all known, of course … and I’ll not put all I assume here just yet. But the promise of being allowed to stay close  enough to eventually maybe win the division or wild card are built in …   And the sudden acquisition of a “significant” player is part of it …   Theo let that part slip when he announced the Sox would make a block buster deal… Oh well, who can blame him for feeling his oats?  More on this later ….. You DO know I’m just kidding, don’t you? About a man who’s made bundles of dough of hedging his bets???  Hmmmmm….. Of course, I’m kidding.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

blargybarg.....is that you?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Nice post Yaz..Great read..yet some will NOT see the humor..Its too bad..

• You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Dumb posts like this are why I rarely bother to read the garbage that is posted on Boston.com.  This is troll quality crap. Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

So you hate light-hearted comedy and creativity?

If you want deep insights into MLB and potential news, you should probably stop perusing MESSAGE BOARDS and go read a newspaper...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Great read SY

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conspiracy... : So you hate light-hearted comedy and creativity? If you want deep insights into MLB and potential news, you should probably stop perusing MESSAGE BOARDS and go read a newspaper...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

I didn't find it to be creative or funny.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conspiracy... : I didn't find it to be creative or funny.
    Posted by ---The-Babe---[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't

• You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conspiracy... : I didn't find it to be creative or funny.
    Posted by ---The-Babe---[/QUOTE]

Then you undoubtedly enoyed the newsworthiness of it...