Could the 'Dispicable One' possibly be an option for RF??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Could the 'Dispicable One' possibly be an option for RF??

Considering the fact that he's a righthanded power hitting OF, who played RF during his Cleveland days many moons ago, could he be the platoon option that the Sox might consider if he was willing to accept a similar deal to what he would have played in Tampa for last year (i.e. 1 year/1 million)?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Could the 'Dispicable One' possibly be an option for RF??

I have no problem with the bygones part.  I think it would be hilarious to have Manny back in the fold.  However, the thought of him playing right field in fenway ... not so hilarious ... well, hilarious, yes ... but ... not funny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

No speed.  No arm.  No.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Are any of his teammates that voted 23-1 for him to leave in 2008 still here?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

If Manny loses like 70 lbs, I would be ok with him playing LF.  But then, right CC can't play RF right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

No thanks.  Already quit once and after September do we need any more of that candy?  No thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It's not going to happen.

It would be a bad idea.

I think you'll see a platoon out there before you see them bring back a discarded former superstar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

there is something appealing about this...and not just for the train wreck affect...but i doubt it...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I can't imagine that the Red Sox would ever consider bringing back Manny.  He is too old to play the outfield and wouldn't be very effective.  He would be a good DH, but we already have one.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Could the 'Dispicable One' possibly be an option for RF??:
    [QUOTE]I have no problem with the bygones part.  I think it would be hilarious to have Manny back in the fold.  However, the thought of him playing right field in fenway ... not so hilarious ... well, hilarious, yes ... but ... not funny.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

come on space, it would be funny! think about it. he'd have to run the entire outfield to get to the door to the monstah. however, on a serious note, the mind might be will for manny but the legs are done. plus having to sit out the first 50 games of the season? he's done. his major league days are behind him chum. it really does kind of break your heart ya know? by far the greatest right handed hitter in my lifetime. so, I guess he and pedro can sit under the mango tree telling old stories and comparing bank balances eh space? lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AND WHERE WOULD HE TAKE A LEAK ??????     NO THANKS, I WOULD SEE THE "BIG O" OUT THERE BEFORE THE "DESPICABLE-FRAUD-CHILD-QUITTER-JUICER-SH!!-BUM"...........  "WAS I CLEAR"  ?????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]  AND WHERE WOULD HE TAKE A LEAK ??????     NO THANKS, I WOULD SEE THE "BIG O" OUT THERE BEFORE THE "DESPICABLE-FRAUD-CHILD-QUITTER-JUICER-SH!!-BUM"...........  "WAS I CLEAR"  ?????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Bill, As always, Manny appreciates your passion for keeping his taxes down.  Manny = Job Creator.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

One of the first things the Sox did when they got a much younger Manny was, move him to LF.
    RF in Cleveland was small, so he didn't have to worry about his lack of range.
    I can't imagine him playing RF in Fenway so many years later.
    As a DH or LF, maybe. He might contribute.
    I think the last big slugger who went back to his original team, and had success was Rocky Colavito, in the 60's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could the 'Dispicable One' possibly be an option for RF?? : come on space, it would be funny! think about it. he'd have to run the entire outfield to get to the door to the monstah. however, on a serious note, the mind might be will for manny but the legs are done. plus having to sit out the first 50 games of the season? he's done. his major league days are behind him chum. it really does kind of break your heart ya know? by far the greatest right handed hitter in my lifetime. so, I guess he and pedro can sit under the mango tree telling old stories and comparing bank balances eh space? lol
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Hammah, are you sure about that??

I can think of better RH hitters starting with Pujols and how about the following for consideration now and in the next few years:
    • Miguel Cabrera
    • Evan Longoria
    • Ryan Braun
    • Jose Bautista

Think about it this way, all things being equal with each player in their primes, would you trade Manny (and his baggage) for any of these guys? Personally, I'd consider it for all of them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Heck, I wouldn't mind having him back if he could still hit. Be nice to have him coming off the bench. Trouble is, I'm not sure he can still hit. He didn't exactly "hit the ball out of the infeild" in Chicago. Prob'ly won't happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

He can still hit...the juice - not the ball.  Nobody can be serious about bringing him back??????????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

No! 

Next thread!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Manny is a much better choice that Tim Wastefield, if active roster spots are going to be given away to old men.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

It's been awhile.

Does he still have contacts to score female fertility drugs in Boston?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

[QUOTE]No!  Next thread!
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Thanks! What a waste of space.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

g

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m