Crawford is a bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Crawford is a bust

In Response to Re: Crawford is a bust:
    [QUOTE]You'd think Crawford would go 9th, Tito had no issues putting Eles there years past when he struggled. Then when CC does actually get on base we would have them paired in many scoring situations.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

agree 100%..maybe CC would do better turning the lineup over..he would see better pitches with Ells up next..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]You'd think Crawford would go 9th, Tito had no issues putting Eles there years past when he struggled. Then when CC does actually get on base we would have them paired in many scoring situations.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

a guaranteed way crawford can get on base once in every game is to make him
    the dedicated pinch runner.
    solves two major eyesores: watching him try to hit and watching him throw a baseball.
    he'll be in the record books as the highest paid pinch runner ever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

I won't say he's a bust but something's not right.  I was sitting in left field at last Saturday's game at Chicago, and Craw's body language suggested he was mentally somewhere else.  When he grounded out a couple of times he was almost Mannying to first.  I had seen him live a number of other times as a Ray, and he always had a bounce in his step and was always into the game.  He is definitely a different player today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

CRAWFORD HAS A FLAWED STANCE WHICH PREVENTS HIM FROM
    HITTING BALLS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE PLATE. HAVE YOU ALL
    NOTICED THAT THE GOOD PITCHERS ARE BEATING HIM WITH THE
    HEATER, AS WELL. FORGET WHAT HE DID WITH THE RAYS !!!
    THIS IS BOSTON, THE LAND OF PRESSURE. HE JUST IS NOT A
    SOUND TECHNICAL HITTER...NOT EVEN COMPARED TO REDDICK.
    HIS BAT IS BASICALLY SLOWER THAN GUYS LIKE REDDICK AND
    ELLSBURY. IT WAS A TERRIBLE SIGN. WE NEEDED A STRONG
    RH BAT LIKE QUENTIN OR WILLINGHAM TO GIVE EXAMPLES.
    BAY WAS GOOD FOR THAT ONE SEASON....BUT THERE HAVE TO
    BE GUYS LIKE BAY OUT THERE IF OUR SCOUTS ARE WORTH THEIR
    SALT. GUYS LIKE KALISH, WESTMORELAND, LAVARNWAY, ARE
    OUR FUTURE, BUT WE CANNOT GET TO A DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
    WITH AVILES AND MC DONALD ON OUR BENCH. THEY ARE BASICALLY
    AAA BALLPLAYERS IN A DILUTED LEAGUE. IT WOULDA BEEN NICE
    TO HAVE SOMEONE LIKE HOSMER OR EVEN MELKY ON OUR ROSTER.
    HOW DID WE MISS OUT ON POSSIBLY GRABBING MELKY ???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

I HAVE TO AGREE W. phxvlsoxfan.  CRAWFORD IS NOT THE SAME
    PLAYER. THERE WAS NO PRESSURE IN TAMPA. LONGORIA WAS
    THE MAN,AND PENA ALSO TOOK SOME PRESSURE OFF. THEY
    ALSO HAD ZOBRIST AND BARTLETT AND IWAMURA TO GET
    OFFENSIVE PUNCH.  NOW HE IS IN A BIG MEDIA MARKET WITH
    A SALARY TO JUSTIFY . HE HAS TO PRODUCE AND HE REALLY
    CAN'T. HE ISN'T THAT KIND OF AN OFFENSIVE MACHINE. EVEN
    WITH TAMPA HE GOT A LOT OF GAP HITS AND WRONG FIELD
    HITS ON THE TURF.  WELL..HE WON'T GET THAT ON THE GRASS
    IN FENWAY.  WE ARE STUCK WITH A MEDIOCRE PLAYER WHO
    WE CAN'T EVEN TRADE.  HE WILL JUST POUT AND GET WORSE !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

CC is having an awful year thus far (by his standards).  But calling him a bust is kinda silly since he has not even fulfilled 15% of his contract with the Sox.  You might believe he will continue to be this bad.  But, you might wanna review his "career norms" that people are very keen to fall back on here on the BDC forum.  Personally, I think he is obviously pressing with his giant contract and new big market/bright lights environs.  But, i suspect, being the competitor that he is, he will get over it and return to doing what Carl Crawford does.  Is that worth 140 million?  No.  So, if you are calling him a bust based on there being no way to live up to his contract, ok.  semantics.  But, it is way too early to call him a bust based on performance.

And would people please stop ragging on Marco Scutaro?  The dude is not Ozzie Smith (or Alex Gonzalez) in teh field, nor is he Cal Ripken at the plate.  He is just a hard-nosed vet with a professional approach.  No one expected him to be the second coming of Nomar.  But he is perfectly acceptable in his current role.  the least of the Sox problems really.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Crawford is a bust:
    [QUOTE]Enough said about this guy. Gump needs to move him back down to  8th in the lineup. He is not producing and leaving a ton of men on base. Why does he hit ahead of Reddick?
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I'm beginning to think both Crawford and Youk should dump the strange batting stance.  Youks OPS hasn't been this low since 2007.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

There can be an impression that Crawford wasn't a fit in this lineup to begin with.     Too late now.   He's got a lot of contract left.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

He is by no means a bust. He hasn't even played one season with the team yet. I certainly didn't hear many question the Red Sox acquisition of him over the winter from a talent addition standpoint (excluding the money factor). His skills, talent level, and work ethic are all impressive and he was a great addition to the team. Did he deserve 7/142? No.

To be honest, it seems as though he was signed without any thought to where he fits in the lineup. He's not a leadoff hitter, pedey is ideally at #2, Gonzo ideally at #3, etc. Maybe 6th? Do you give a 6 hitter 142 mill? But I'd be lying if I said I didn't think this was an ownership suggested move. Ratings were down and it was time to add some excitement to the team. I'm sure Theo was thinking Kalish/Reddick were going to be his corner outfielders of the future, but if John henry has a blank check and says "Go get him"...you do it!

He's not having a good season by any means, but he's been productive in the AL East for his entire career. Way too soon to write him off now. I expect him to figure it out sooner or later, he's too good of a player to not.

I'm going to continue to support and cheer for him regardless of how many Crawful references I see. If this time next season he's batting .240, then we can talk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from (TheBabe). Show (TheBabe)'s posts

[QUOTE]He is by no means a bust. He hasn't even played one season with the team yet. I certainly didn't hear many question the Red Sox acquisition of him over the winter from a talent addition standpoint (excluding the money factor). His skills, talent level, and work ethic are all impressive and he was a great addition to the team. Did he deserve 7/142? No. To be honest, it seems as though he was signed without any thought to where he fits in the lineup. He's not a leadoff hitter, pedey is ideally at #2, Gonzo ideally at #3, etc. Maybe 6th? Do you give a 6 hitter 142 mill? But I'd be lying if I said I didn't think this was an ownership suggested move. Ratings were down and it was time to add some excitement to the team. I'm sure Theo was thinking Kalish/Reddick were going to be his corner outfielders of the future, but if John henry has a blank check and says "Go get him"...you do it! He's not having a good season by any means, but he's been productive in the AL East for his entire career. Way too soon to write him off now. I expect him to figure it out sooner or later, he's too good of a player to not. I'm going to continue to support and cheer for him regardless of how many Crawful references I see. If this time next season he's batting .240, then we can talk.

Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]

What's the weather like up in Green Bay?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]I won't say he's a bust but something's not right.  I was sitting in left field at last Saturday's game at Chicago, and Craw's body language suggested he was mentally somewhere else.  When he grounded out a couple of times he was almost Mannying to first.  I had seen him live a number of other times as a Ray, and he always had a bounce in his step and was always into the game.  He is definitely a different player today.
    Posted by phxvlsoxfan[/QUOTE]

In TB, he was "the man". Not with the Sox. Certainly not with Agon, Pedey, and Youk in the line-up. He's just another player who doesn't seem to fit in Boston very well. Maybe that will turn around, but if his failures continue through next year, we will be eating a bunch of salary to dump him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

he has been a weird fit that's for sure...the batting order schematic is def off for a guy making as much as he does...i think the op got it right - bat him 9th and piggyback him with Jacoby...speed2x and no way to pitch around him

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

bat him left off, left out, not at all, in Pawtucket, not at Fenway, not on the road, not during day games, not during night games, not during doubleheaders, not in a pennant race, not in a regular season game, not in a playoff game, not in a series opener, not in a middle game, not in a series finale, not v lefties, not v. righties, not with men on base, not with bases empty, not with RISP, not with less than 2 outs, not with 2 outs, not as a pinch hitter, not as a starter, not as a platoon, not as a LF, not as a DH, not on artificial turf, not on grass. . .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Good thing Jayson Werth is also having a bust first year hitting .226, or we'd be hearing about how he would have been a much better fit.  And hey, look at Adum Dunn hitting a buck sixty-six...maybe it's time teams just stopped handing out these exorbitant free agent deals...yeah right.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterbase. Show betterbase's posts

He may not be a bust as a player, but the contract is utter failure. If you can get a whole lot better player with the same amount of money, it is wrong investment. I want the Red Sox become better, and sending him to Seattle will allow Boston to get a far better player than Crawford. He will not have a monster year like Curtis Granderson. 20M per year for a 19 HR, 90 RBI player, complete flop.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from (TheBabe). Show (TheBabe)'s posts

[QUOTE]CC is having an awful year thus far (by his standards).  But calling him a bust is kinda silly since he has not even fulfilled 15% of his contract with the Sox.  You might believe he will continue to be this bad.  But, you might wanna review his "career norms" that people are very keen to fall back on here on the BDC forum.  Personally, I think he is obviously pressing with his giant contract and new big market/bright lights environs.  But, i suspect, being the competitor that he is, he will get over it and return to doing what Carl Crawford does.  Is that worth 140 million?  No.  So, if you are calling him a bust based on there being no way to live up to his contract, ok.  semantics.  But, it is way too early to call him a bust based on performance. And would people please stop ragging on Marco Scutaro?  The dude is not Ozzie Smith (or Alex Gonzalez) in teh field, nor is he Cal Ripken at the plate.  He is just a hard-nosed vet with a professional approach.  No one expected him to be the second coming of Nomar.  But he is perfectly acceptable in his current role.  the least of the Sox problems really.

Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

The pre steroid nomar or the post steroid nomar?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Crawford is a bust:
    [QUOTE]Enough said about this guy. Gump needs to move him back down to  8th in the lineup. He is not producing and leaving a ton of men on base. Why does he hit ahead of Reddick?
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Because Reddick is a lifetime 240 hitter in AAA and Crawford is a lifetime 290 hitter in MLB.  Tito keeps waiting for them to both go back to their norms.  Which doesn't mean its going to happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford is a bust : Sir by that statement, you are inferring that he hits lefty's to some degree. I must have missed that at bat. If it was Reddick having the year Carl Baby is having , Josh would already be back in Pawtucket, or DFA. Good news is the speedy Crawford has only six and a third more years on his contract. I think Theo should give Crawford an extension. Wouldn't want him going to the Bombers when he's 38 years old. Quick Theo sign him till he's 40, he may slow down a bit , but heck the way he hits he can DH. If you give him the extension now, you can probably get him for only $25 million per year. Gee a guy has to eat you know.
    Posted by aussiewill[/QUOTE]

If Crawford were with the Yankees this year he would be having a monster year. The voodoo flying around on that team does wonders.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford is a bust : Tito has won us two World Series. How had we been doing prior to him arriving? 
    Posted by jamesey271975[/QUOTE]

Nothiong sarcastic in my post, just stating what is true.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford is a bust : The pre steroid nomar or the post steroid nomar?
    Posted by (TheBabe)[/QUOTE]

Post-Mia.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford is a bust : Not to mention the fact that Tito has had Reddick longer than Crawford.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

When I say vet I am implying someone who has been a major leaguer for a number of seasons and not a rookie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

While he has been kinda terrible this season thus far, I am picking him as my "Star of the Weekend". 7 hits, 2 HRs, 6 RBIs, 3 SB !! Sox take ALL 3 Games !!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]While he has been kinda terrible this season thus far, I am picking him as my "Star of the Weekend". 7 hits, 2 HRs, 6 RBIs, 3 SB !! Sox take ALL 3 Games !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

That's the spirit Gator! I totally agree with you post.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford is a bust : That's the spirit Gator! I totally agree with you post.
    Posted by PaulLaCourse[/QUOTE]

It's a self serving wish simply because I look really foolish in my Fantasy league having traded for him !! LOL