Crawford Showing Dodgers His Worth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Crawford Showing Dodgers His Worth

Carl Crawford's injury worse than expected Jun 7, 2013 LOS ANGELES--Carl Crawford isn't expected to return to the Los Angeles Dodgers lineup on June 18, the day he is eligible to be activated from the 15-day disabled list. "It sounds like more than two weeks," Manager Don Mattingly said. Mattingly initially predicted Crawford would be sidelined for only a couple of weeks, saying at the time that the left fielder's strained left hamstring was "not anything major." Crawford underwent an MRI exam this week that revealed the damage was worse than expected. "It tells us it was fairly significant," Mattingly said. A strained hamstring sidelined Hanley Ramirez for a month. Ramirez was activated Tuesday.

Well, some things never change.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Crawford Showing Dodgers His Worth

In response to dannycater's comment:

Carl Crawford's injury worse than expected Jun 7, 2013 LOS ANGELES--Carl Crawford isn't expected to return to the Los Angeles Dodgers lineup on June 18, the day he is eligible to be activated from the 15-day disabled list. "It sounds like more than two weeks," Manager Don Mattingly said. Mattingly initially predicted Crawford would be sidelined for only a couple of weeks, saying at the time that the left fielder's strained left hamstring was "not anything major." Crawford underwent an MRI exam this week that revealed the damage was worse than expected. "It tells us it was fairly significant," Mattingly said. A strained hamstring sidelined Hanley Ramirez for a month. Ramirez was activated Tuesday.

Well, some things never change.

Hes breaking down after years of wear and tear. His speed game will make him almost worthless. Maybe he should bulk up and try to hit for power. Im sure A-Rod can turn him on to a good "trainer" ;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

So, aside from Punto, the only guy from the trade who's actually playing is AGon, and he's been slumping this month. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Like I said, it is "perhaps the best trade the Sox have made in my lifetime", or at least since I began following the Sox in 1972. 

I know, I know, the Pedro, Schill, and VTek/Lowe trades stand out as the best right now, but with all the money saved and prospects obtained, the trade will have long lasting ramifications for our roster make-up.

Sox4ever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

LONG ways to go to catch up to Armas Jr. and Pavano for Pedro Martinez.

BEST pitcher to ever don the carmine hose.

And Psycho Lyons for Tom Seaver up there too, posssibly just behind Heathcliff for Jason & Derek.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

LONG ways to go to catch up to Armas Jr. and Pavano for Pedro Martinez.

BEST pitcher to ever don the carmine hose.

And Psycho Lyons for Tom Seaver up there too, posssibly just behind Heathcliff for Jason & Derek.

The same Tom Seaver that started 16 games and won 5 games while losing 7 for the 1986 Sox.  Too bad he was'nt around when his Old Mets beat us in the WS...  we could have used him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Red Sox fans should be thankful everyday for that trade 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Red Sox fans should be thankful everyday for that trade 

Miracles do happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Like I said, it is "perhaps the best trade the Sox have made in my lifetime", or at least since I began following the Sox in 1972. 

I know, I know, the Pedro, Schill, and VTek/Lowe trades stand out as the best right now, but with all the money saved and prospects obtained, the trade will have long lasting ramifications for our roster make-up.

Sox4ever

I think the Dodgers trade has to go into a different category from the ones you mentioned.  This was a salary dump, an addition by subtraction.  A great transaction.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Well suppose we end up getting north of 250 wins from combination of Webster and Rubby DLR ?

Of course we kind of have to include whatever contribution Brock Holt gives us , minus Melancon & Pimental's portion of Holt's results. This gets complicated.

And then there's the eventual accounting of just exactly what DID Ben C. spend all that money ON ?         $ 60 million worth of Victorino / Gomes / Dempster / Uehara / Ross / Drew /Napoli / Carp ?

Can we alsso subtract what's been lost by playiing Drew & Shane Vic. over more of Iggy and Carp or Nava ?   Player for Player deals so much easier to measure than salary dump /opportunity cost accountings.

Let's just posit that aforementioned group brings us Series wins in 2013 and 2015.