Crawford = Vernon Wells??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Crawford = Vernon Wells??

So yes, my opinion is that the OP is nuts.  Boom.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Crawford = Vernon Wells??:
    [QUOTE]Ah but the difference is that I expect him to get the average up to .290.  Just like I expect Crawford to continue to climb.  Based on your arguement, everything is an opinion until November.  If Tex hits .250 for the year, that would make me happy but I don't expect it.

Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Didn't he hit .250 last year? Did you expect it? What did your "tangible numbers" show you last spring training?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

compare jeter contract to crawford.  thanks to god we have the crawford contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Well should give some money back to ownership...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

No I did not expect it.  However, when he started out hitting .150, I certainly didn't expect him to stay there.  And he didn't.  He got hot and that brought him up to more respectable numbers.  That is the same trajectory I expect for Crawford this season.  Will I be surprised if he doesn't reach his career norms this year?  No, because of the rough start.  You are proving my point, not yours with the Tex argument.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crawford = Vernon Wells?? : But again still an opinion. Tex is the perfect example. The "tangible numbers" before he signed with the Yanks suggested a player that would hit around .290, but yet he's a .250 hitter now. So your "tangible numbers" opinion is no more valid than anyone else's opinion.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]

Yeah...but it's a "hard" .250, with over 30 homeruns, a good OBP (lots of walks), and well over 100 rbi. I'd gladly take that type of production from Crawford.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]No I did not expect it.  However, when he started out hitting .150, I certainly didn't expect him to stay there.  And he didn't.  He got hot and that brought him up to more respectable numbers.  That is the same trajectory I expect for Crawford this season.  Will I be surprised if he doesn't reach his career norms this year?  No, because of the rough start.  You are proving my point, not yours with the Tex argument.

Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

But yet here is Tex still hitting .250, which is what he is now. That proves my point that what a baseball players stats are on the back of his card doesn't mean that's what he'll produce this year or next.