Crawford will never be worth the money

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Crawford will never be worth the money

our public school system has failed. It failed one of my kids. I won't make that mistake with the other-now in private. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I like Carl as a person, I liked him as a Ray, and I never for a minute felt he was a good fit for the Sox. He used to make me crack up just how poorly he played the Monster at Fenway as a Ray. He had no idea what to do, including being afraid of the warning track before the Monster. With that said, with so many lefthanded bats already on the roster, the timing of his signing was pretty much a downer. Will he come back to his career splits? Boy, I'd take that right now from him. He's just been a huge disappointment, and I am pulling for him despite my ability to easily rip him to shreds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"Brady earns every bit of his money"

Give me a break!

The NFL is the National Financial League.

They are all about making money and taking even more from you , the football sheep fans. If the recent CBA agreement lockout hasn't opened your eyes you will never see this!

Both sides, owners and players basically insulted all football fans by threatening to cancel the entire season if that's what it takes to get their way. They don't care for the fans, they only want the money.

Not that I've watched very much football in the last few years , but I will not watch anymore. Brady can take his hard earned money and have a ball with it. He can win six more Superbowls and break every quarterback record, I could care less. He is an overpaid brat, and so are all the other NFL players and owners. I'm sick to death of reading about former NFL players in trouble with the law, shootings bar fights and drunken exploits. These people are selfish, egomaniacs who think they are better than the rest of us who can't catch or throw a funny shaped ball.

These are a bunch of immature children who because they have talent, they now believe they are above the law, and above the rest of us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from )))TheBabe(((. Show )))TheBabe((('s posts

In Response to Re: Crawford will never be worth the money:
    [QUOTE]"Brady earns every bit of his money" Give me a break! The NFL is the National Financial League. They are all about making money and taking even more from you , the football sheep fans. If the recent CBA agreement lockout hasn't opened your eyes you will never see this! Both sides, owners and players basically insulted all football fans by threatening to cancel the entire season if that's what it takes to get their way. They don't care for the fans, they only want the money. Not that I've watched very much football in the last few years , but I will not watch anymore. Brady can take his hard earned money and have a ball with it. He can win six more Superbowls and break every quarterback record, I could care less. He is an overpaid brat, and so are all the other NFL players and owners. I'm sick to death of reading about former NFL players in trouble with the law, shootings bar fights and drunken exploits. These people are selfish, egomaniacs who think they are better than the rest of us who can't catch or throw a funny shaped ball. These are a bunch of immature children who because they have talent, they now believe they are above the law, and above the rest of us.

Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Is It NBA Or NFL?

36 have been accused of spousal abuse

7 have been arrested for fraud

19 have been accused of writing bad checks

117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

3 have done time for assault

71 repeat 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

14 have been arrested on drug-related charges

8 have been arrested for shoplifting

21 currently are defendants in lawsuits

84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?

It's the 435 members of the United States Congress! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm kind of tired about reading how overpaid Sox players are giving the team their money's worth when they are in fact not even close to earning their big money contracts---Lackey, Crawford, Drew, etc. You isolate football, and that's just stupid. You criticize a guy who takes hits for a living and at any moment can get a concussion or knocked out for a season by a cheapshot from a D-Lineman. And a guy who sets records, wins games, and engineers comebacks. Tom Brady is not selfish, he's far from it. He's a well-paid guy who EARNED HIS MONEY.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You know it's one thing to worship Dustin Pedroia. You do it in comparison to a Tom Brady, and you might as well make Brady the Pope.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Carl needs to play better, but this bullsheet about him never being worth the money is moronic ... how would you know?  You WANT him to do bad, don't you!?!

I support him, he is part of this team.  I suggest you whining bags of Krap do the same, or admit you are f%cking pink hatters.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

None of them are morth the money.

But then I don't pay them.

But I also don't hold it against them if someone is willing to pay them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdcham. Show wdcham's posts

One look at CC and you can tell he's a ray out of water.  He looks scared and uncertain.  He never smiles, joins in dugout foolery, or post-game high fives. Take a second look and you'll see a timid kid who is not used to playing with the Big Dogs who take up a huge amount of space on the playground: Papi Grande, The Motormouth Chicken, Gnarly Youk, Sneering Josh.  He KNOWS he's not worth the $$$ he got and being an ethical guy, he is beating himself up trying to make up for it.  Wait til next year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

wd, very valid points, agreed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Crawford owes about 2-3 years of his contract and some of the $ too to Jason Varitek.  If he hadn't been able to run around the bases at will for 18 games a year against us we would have never fell for his ruse.

Where has Crawford's confidence gone.  He doesn;t even steal bases with confidence anymore?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Carl needs to play better, but this bullsheet about him never being worth the money is moronic ... how would you know?  You WANT him to do bad, don't you!?! I support him, he is part of this team.  I suggest you whining bags of Krap do the same, or admit you are f%cking pink hatters.  
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

LOL I hear ya man, the whining just gets so old. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

So does the Wakefield can't be a SP, that gets old too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

And Neither will Ellsbury be worth FA or pre-free agent buyout years money. Crawford isn't going to have another embarrassing year like this. Ellsbury isn't going to have another career year like this (already falling off). Nothing can be done to get Crawford off the books, but it's not to late to get something for Ellsbury and get him off the books.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]And Neither will Ellsbury be worth FA or pre-free agent buyout years money. Crawford isn't going to have another embarrassing year like this. Ellsbury isn't going to have another career year like this (already falling off). Nothing can be done to get Crawford off the books, but it's not to late to get something for Ellsbury and get him off the books.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

Get Ells. off the book?!?!?  Yeh!  His salary is really killing us!!!  You are a genius!!!!  Clearly why you're living in your mother's basement at the age of 55 & not our GM.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Personally, I didn't get the signing from the start. The Sox wouldn't give Johnny Damon over 10 million, but CC 22 million. Yup makes total sense. I know I know their ages are different, but it still didn't justify this signing.
    The only person who thought Crawford worth 22 million is the same person who thought lackey was worth 17 million. Two terrible, awful, regretable signings.

That being said you can't kill front office for this reason... for years Sox fans whined about not competing $$ with yanks. Now they are. Unfortunately, when you spend this kind of cash you will always overpay and make some terrible moves. It is inevitable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

There are some positives for putting CC in the second spot in the lineup, or at least trying it in the remaining games.

#1) He has formerly batted second with TB as we know, and a comfort factor comes with that. Maybe that can help get his confidence going. Just as the Sox need Lackey and Bedard to perform, the offense could be downright dangerous in the playoffs if CC can turn it around)

#2) Imagine this...
    Lineup
    1. Ellsbury
    2. Crawford
    3. Pedroia
    4. Gonzalez
    5. Ortiz
    6. Youkilis
    7. Reddick
    8. Lowrie/Scutaro
    9. Saltalamacchia
    To start the game, Jacoby and/or Carl reach base. Runners on with 0/1 outs, Pedroia comes up with a chance to jump out to an early lead. With Ells and/or Crawford on base, pitchers will have to throw more fastballs to attempt to prevent the runner(s) from stealing. In case MLB hasn't noticed, don't throw fastballs to Pedroia because he will crush them. We should be calling hit and runs too, opening yet another hole in the infield for Pedroia to lace a base hit through allowing our fastest players to affect the game with their speed and baserunning. And then to boot we have three patient sluggers following waiting to drive them in too. Top it off with the emergence of Reddick as a home run threat, Lowrie has some pop as does Saltalamacchia. 

I think putting together the speed of Ellsbury and CC could have benefits to the lineup. I can see the 2 RBI single from Pedroia on a double steal hit and run play in my head, anyone else?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Ellsbury will cost between 6 to 8M per year for the ntext two years. Clearly, any smart GM would apply the money towards a profile like Kemp for 2012 cost of about 10M and 2013 cost of about 20M. The Red Do not neet Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum at a cost of 27M for 2012. Kemp and Crawford would cost about 30M for 2012. Getting Kemp for 2012 is the key towards the value in getting kemp before 2013.

Ellsbury isn't going to be extended or resigned. And that's a good thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I thought that everyone finally came to sobriety and realized that keeping Damon would have been foolish. It seems that a few of the closet Yankee concern trolls never got the message. These people are whiners since whiners are fans - no they are trolls. Learn the difference please.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Tampa is trying to fire sell Damon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]They are all overpaid, and we don't cut the checks.  We have every right not to buy a hat or jersey....theres no excuse to hate on a player or speculate his time here will be negative unless you are a... DONNY DOWNER!!!
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

or a REALIST.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]One look at CC and you can tell he's a ray out of water.  He looks scared and uncertain.  He never smiles, joins in dugout foolery, or post-game high fives. Take a second look and you'll see a timid kid who is not used to playing with the Big Dogs who take up a huge amount of space on the playground: Papi Grande, The Motormouth Chicken, Gnarly Youk, Sneering Josh.  He KNOWS he's not worth the $$$ he got and being an ethical guy, he is beating himself up trying to make up for it.  Wait til next year. 
    Posted by wdcham[/QUOTE]

if he was ethical, he'd give at least half of it back.
    'wait til next year"----why?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

nope......Donny Downer.

Be happy, we are in first place.

Sure we have some overpaid players, but look at how many underpaid players we have; Pedroia/Youkilis/Lester/Buccholz etc.  Who gets credit for those deals???

The man is here for several more years, so considering how well this team is doing this year, would it really kill anyone to give him a chance and see what he does next year (especially when you look at his career stats)???

If you can't do that then you are a DONNY DOWNER!!

Now that's some realism for you. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

How many of you would have rather had Jayson Werth?

I did.  Not now.

That was Theo's choice...  til Werth signed early with the Nats.

Look,  we got Gonzo & Crawford...  Theo spent the money.  Would you have preferred he did nothing?  Not me.  It's not my money.

Try to enjoy the season...  it's baseball folks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

"There are some positives for putting CC in the second spot in the lineup, or at least trying it in the remaining games.

#1) He has formerly batted second with TB as we know, and a comfort factor comes with that. Maybe that can help get his confidence going. Just as the Sox need Lackey and Bedard to perform, the offense could be downright dangerous in the playoffs if CC can turn it around)" -Titletown 11

Yeah, this is a great idea - as long as it works.  Now, what if it doesn't? 

This morning the Sox are tied for first place in the AL East.  I'd rather go with what's gotten us there than use the last two weeks in August to start experimenting with 'maybes' and 'coulds' in the hope that it'll turn a .220 hitter into a .300 hitter. 

This is shaping up like a race where one or two wins will spell the difference between winning the AL East and getting the WC so every win is important.  It's no time for venturing into the world of the unknown.