CRAWFORD'S DEFENSE IS DISAPPOINTING!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

CRAWFORD'S DEFENSE IS DISAPPOINTING!!

CRAWFORD'S MARGINAL DEFENSE HAS COSTED US SEVERAL RUNS THE LAST WEEK!  THIS FROM A GUY WHO WAS TOUTED AS THE BEST LF IN THE LEAGUE?

HITTING SLUMPS I CAN LIVE WITH FOR A TIME, EVERYONE RUNS INTO THAT!

BUT, MARGINAL DEFENSE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Re: CRAWFORD'S DEFENSE IS DISAPPOINTING!!

WE'VE ONE FOR GAMES IN A ROE BUT I'M SO MAD I TIPE IN CAPS!  [grumble, grumble, grumble]

//edit: looking at your other posts, you're actually a fine speller.  i just hate negative threads about trivial things when we're on such a great roll that our feet are getting all buttery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, his little hot streak is over and now he's complaining that "batting 8th feels like a demotion" ? 

Note to Carl Crawford - IT IS A DEMOTION

He's batting more like Tek than Pedey and he's lucky to be batting 8th right now.  Besides, pay me 142 million and you bat me anywhere's in the line up you want..........Unbelieveable. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: CRAWFORD'S DEFENSE IS DISAPPOINTING!!:
    [QUOTE]Well, his little hot streak is over and now he's complaining that "batting 8th feels like a demotion" ?  Note to Carl Crawford - IT IS A DEMOTION He's batting more like Tek than Pedey and he's lucky to be batting 8th right now.  Besides, pay me 142 million and you bat me anywhere's in the line up you want..........Unbelieveable. 
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]I hadn't heard that, do you have a source? I find it quite remarkable considering his little hot streak has been a largely quiet .300 stretch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

so is his offense; what's left?

note to theo: if the SOX don't make the playoffs, you are GONE!
    CRAWFORD and SLACKEY; those are large boo-boos.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

First: 8/31/2009
    Last: 5/17/2011
    WE'VE ONE FOR GAMES IN A ROE BUT I'M SO MAD I TIPE IN CAPS!  [grumble, grumble, grumble]

//edit: looking at your other posts, you're actually a fine speller.  i just hate negative threads about trivial things when we're on such a great roll that our feet are getting all buttery.
    First: 6/4/2005
    Last: 5/17/2011
    Well, his little hot streak is over and now he's complaining that "batting 8th feels like a demotion" ? 

Note to Carl Crawford - IT IS A DEMOTION

He's batting more like Tek than Pedey and he's lucky to be batting 8th right now.  Besides, pay me 142 million and you bat me anywhere's in the line up you want..........Unbelieveable. 

I do too, Jake.  I do too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I don't have a link because it wasn't in print.  It was on either the NESN pre-game show or WEEI in the morning.  I don't think it was coming from another network....It was from the past few days too.....I wish I could remmeber exactly who it was.  I think either Tom or Peter or maybe Callahan.......It was mentioned just that one time so I found it a little odd it wasn't talked about more.....The overall discussion was "when are the going to move him up in the order.....who do you move, etc etc etc" - that talk we hear all the time.

I'd bat him 6th right now and see if he could string some good games together....If not, come June, he's batting 9th vs Righties and benched vs lefties.....let Theo stew about the blunder he made.........

Ellsbury, Pedrioa, Gonzalez, Youkilis, Ortiz, Crawford, Lowrie, Cameron/Drew, Tek/Salty

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Jason Bay is batting .208.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Funny how andrew says there is no link but he heard it and it was odd that it was not being talked about more??????
    During the game the other night there was a direct quote from CC that the announcers ESPN asked about hitting 8th and he had no problem with it and understood why. They also stated that Terry said they wanted him higher because of the 300 ave over the past 15 games but who do they move to do that is part of the problem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Please EXPLAIN what is so bad about his defense??????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Crawford's mailing it in, and gets paid the same. Over time, his averages will rise to close to his career averages, but Theo was the ultimate sucker to take that career season and pay for it as if it was the essence of Crawford. In fact, that career year still wasn't superstar material.

He has the ugliest swing in baseball. He needs to start taking more called strike outs, just so he improves his odds on not looking so pitiful on those balls he swings at that are in the dirt and a foot outside.

Ellsbury to summer/winter trade block is the way to try an marginalize this terrible contract mistake.

Theo likes to pay for career years on FA, using his Julio Lugo model of career metric evaluation. The best of all was his Obama style spin that Crawford will age more slowly. The economy is getting better, because Obama says so. Unemployment is "trending down", just don't ask your neighbor about it.

Watch Crawford age slower than the rest. They says so. Can't you see it? Watch VMart turn into the oldest baby in the world, he's playing like he's 60 years old, right now. Theo says so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

The sample size is six weeks for Crawford. Letting Jason Bay leave might turn out to be one of Theo's best moves. Kudos to the Sox medical staff also.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]Please EXPLAIN what is so bad about his defense??????
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]
    He has looked BAD in the games I've seen. For a player who is supposed to be the best-fielding LF in baseball, he has looked bad. There is talk that the Mets might be willing to let Jason Bay play CF at a time when Crawford can barely handle LF.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Jim - I specifically recall CC saying he considered it a demotion.  No other text was given  -  ie he didn't say that he deserved it and that he wanted to earn a promotion or if he felt slighted, albeit I took it as he felt slighted based on the what I heard (tone, context, etc).........Maybe someone will mention it again...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]Well, his little hot streak is over and now he's complaining that "batting 8th feels like a demotion" ?  Note to Carl Crawford - IT IS A DEMOTION He's batting more like Tek than Pedey and he's lucky to be batting 8th right now.  Besides, pay me 142 million and you bat me anywhere's in the line up you want..........Unbelieveable. 
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Here is the source of what you heard or read. CC seems to be taking it is stride why he is batting at the bottom of the order. He doesn't sound as if he is complaining but realizes the reality of the situation. Most Sox fans think that he will get hot and raise his BA and position in the lineup. Andrewmitch won't forgive him until he does.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view/2011_0516carl_a_pro_to_the_8th_degree/srvc=sports&position=recent_bullet

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Even if Crawford did get bothered by it, who cares, unless he did it in a manner that was disruptive to the team.  He may have shown some frustration as one might expect a competitive person to do in that situation, whether it was justified or not. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

That wasn't the source.  It was from one of the pre-games, not the papers....and the word DEMOTION was used and it was something like "he considers it a demotion"....it really didn't get too much deeper than that....they turned it to "who would you move around in the order".....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Andrew, with respect, you and I both know, if Carl Crawford even whispered such a thing, it would be ALL OVER the internet and sports shows - in other words, you would have plenty links to support the claim.  Isn't it possible that you misunderstood, or perhaps the show you was listening to didn't have it right?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Id have to agree with kt888..That kind of comment, even insinuating it in the slightest, would send the Boston media into a frenzy..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Oh so you're disappointed because instead of hitting like Pedey he is hitting like V-Tek!?
    Well ATM i  would rather have him hit like VTEK then Pedey because Pedey is in a slump and VTEK is 10 for his last 36. Good to see that you want players to slump...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Girardi-Inept. Show Girardi-Inept's posts

Zack is a rare name and the forum has three of them. That is strange.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Ive seen Crawford make some great plays and some really bad plays, he will get used to the wall and be fine. The last LF that really could play the wall was manny becuase the wall suited is style and speed. Crawford is a minus defender in fenway, and a plus defender everwhere else.

Ill take it.

Also Girardi... i know like ten Zacks so chill out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

I don't know any Zacks. Do I live on the wrong side of the railroad tracks? How many parents would name their son Zachary these days? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know any Zacks. Do I live on the wrong side of the railroad tracks? How many parents would name their son Zachary these days? 
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]
    Mine?