CRISPY HOT COCO! y cant we get guys like this in center?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: CRISPY HOT COCO! y cant we get guys like this in center?

Good for him...I always liked Crisp.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Very good centerfielder who did not hit that well in Boston.  In the movie Moneyball Billy Beane rebuilds the Athletics based on OBP.  He is still there and right now has three former Sox--Crisp, Lowrie, and Reddick--in his lineup, all of whom were coached when here to work the count and get on base.  The Sox kept Ellsbury over Crisp for CF, anybody over Reddick in RF, and several guys over Lowrie at SS.  All three have done well in Oakland.  Good for them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Very good centerfielder who did not hit that well in Boston.  In the movie Moneyball Billy Beane rebuilds the Athletics based on OBP.  He is still there and right now has three former Sox--Crisp, Lowrie, and Reddick--in his lineup, all of whom were coached when here to work the count and get on base.  The Sox kept Ellsbury over Crisp for CF, anybody over Reddick in RF, and several guys over Lowrie at SS.  All three have done well in Oakland.  Good for them. 

Reddick's OBP is horrible. Always has been.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

7th sb was a gimmee....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Coco's always been one of my favorites. Anyone remember the amazing catch he made in the triangle for the final out of the '07 ALCS? Had it been a one-run game at the time instead of a nine-run game, it  would have gone down in history.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

if this guy was playin in boston with these numbers would b talking about MVP and his place in history amongst the all-time greats. never saw this as remotely possible even in his heyday. he's hitting over .300, with 5 bombs, almost 1.200 ops (.420 obp and an ungodly .662 slugging)  plus STILL a terror on the bases with seven steals and only one CS and oh yep.. he's still a switchhitter and enjoying great health! i would rather have him today than ellsbury thats for sure and is far cheaper. the man is 33! wow! if this were the 90s, the initials PED would b coming up. good for him!

Dont forget that he's also the clubhouse leader.  Johnny Gomes said so himself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Coco's always been one of my favorites. Anyone remember the amazing catch he made in the triangle for the final out of the '07 ALCS? Had it been a one-run game at the time instead of a nine-run game, it  would have gone down in history.

I also remember how he took his demotion from starting CF to 4th OF w/ class.  Still cheered for the team, still kept himself ready to play, still was a leader in the clubhouse.

Never pouted, never complained, always stayed focus on helping the team win any way he can (w/ leadership and production)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Coco is awesome.  great guy, great player.  signed a ball for my then 4 year old and couldnt have been more gracious to him.  also would literally run thru a wall to catch a flyball.  and as drew pointed out - handled the demotion tremendously and stepped up when we needed him.

We had our time with him and now both have moved on.  right or wrong that is the way it is.

but i fear this is another veiled attempt at the OP to take a shot at Jake.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I also remember how he took his demotion from starting CF to 4th OF w/ class.  Still cheered for the team, still kept himself ready to play, still was a leader in the clubhouse.

Never pouted, never complained, always stayed focus on helping the team win any way he can (w/ leadership and production)

That was the coolest part of that ALCS-ending catch Lloyd referred to.  He took his demotion with class, came in as a defensive replacement, and didn't think twice about sacrificing his body to help the cause.  class act.  Fun player.

But, I guarantee this:  if Coco were still in Boston today, half of these folks pining for his services today would be crushing him over his Punch & Judy hitting and his Lollipop arm.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Crisp's problem here was that he was a below average hitter for most of his Red Sox tenure.  Most likely because he struggled with injuries.  He has always been a great fielder and a solid guy.  He is a nice player, but the power is not for real.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.