Curt Schilling being forced to sell "Bloody Sock"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Curt Schilling being forced to sell "Bloody Sock"?

From ESPNBoston.com:

BOSTON -- Former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling could be forced to sell a blood-stained sock he wore to lead the team to its first World Series championship in 86 years, as well as other memorabilia, to help pay back millions of dollars in loans he guaranteed for his failed video game company.

The sock, worn by Schilling in the 2004 World Series, was among the collateral he pledged to lenders, according to a document filed with the Massachusetts Secretary of State's office.

A sports memorabilia expert told The Boston Globe the sock could fetch up to $25,000.

Other items used as collateral include a cap worn by New York Yankees great Lou Gehrig and Schilling's collection of World War II memorabilia.

The Rhode Island-based company, 38 Studios, filed for bankruptcy in June.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from smuldy84. Show smuldy84's posts

Re: Curt Schilling being forced to sell

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From ESPNBoston.com:

BOSTON -- Former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling could be forced to sell a blood-stained sock he wore to lead the team to its first World Series championship in 86 years, as well as other memorabilia, to help pay back millions of dollars in loans he guaranteed for his failed video game company.

The sock, worn by Schilling in the 2004 World Series, was among the collateral he pledged to lenders, according to a document filed with the Massachusetts Secretary of State's office.

A sports memorabilia expert told The Boston Globe the sock could fetch up to $25,000.

Other items used as collateral include a cap worn by New York Yankees great Lou Gehrig and Schilling's collection of World War II memorabilia.

The Rhode Island-based company, 38 Studios, filed for bankruptcy in June.

[/QUOTE]

I think that sock would fetch much more than that, and even with everything I'd still applaud Curt (hero for 2004) everytime he comes back, but given his politics maybe this whole chapter should be a life lesson called Capitalism: A Love Story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Shilling's house in Medford MA, is also up for sale.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

this is where they find out it was ketchup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Should the Red Sox buy it?? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I thought the sock got sent to the Baseball HOF and was on display.And it does seem like a pretty low estimate for selling the sock.I could see it going for at least twice what they're saying.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

I thought the sock got sent to the Baseball HOF and was on display.And it does seem like a pretty low estimate for selling the sock.I could see it going for at least twice what they're saying.

[/QUOTE]

It did, mojo but it's just on loan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

"...You wanna pawn it or sell it? "

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It did, mojo but it's just on loan.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks J,I thought he donated it rather than loaned it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

A sad situation for sure....... "let me be clear", should never have happened.....  Heck, a vidio game business on the "BIG O'$ WATCH" was doomed to fail from the get-go !!!  I wish Curt had been better advised !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

[QUOTE]

Shilling's house in Medford MA, is also up for sale.

[/QUOTE]

Its in Medfield....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Of all the strange things you see on here , ( and there are some very strange ones )  Sox fans hatred of  Schilling is maybe the strangest.  I do not understand it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of all the strange things you see on here , ( and there are some very strange ones )  Sox fans hatred of  Schilling is maybe the strangest.  I do not understand it.

[/QUOTE]

Neither do I, gale. Baseball aside, regardless of why, Schilling put his baseball fortune on the line and took a chance to return enough profit to build an autism center, as one of his sons is autistic. Not to mention, his years of charity work for ALS. While his mouth may not always be in the right place, his heart is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Neither do I, gale. Baseball aside, regardless of why, Schilling put his baseball fortune on the line and took a chance to return enough profit to build an autism center, as one of his sons is autistic. Not to mention, his years of charity work for ALS. While his mouth may not always be in the right place, his heart is.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. He seems like a good guy. Maybe a bit of an oaf at times, but a good man. And he did as much as anyone to bring an end to an 86 year drought.  How Sox fans can dislike him is beyond my grasp.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A sad situation for sure....... "let me be clear", should never have happened.....  Heck, a vidio game business on the "BIG O'$ WATCH" was doomed to fail from the get-go !!!  I wish Curt had been better advised !!

[/QUOTE]
    I definitely agree with you.  It is really a shame that this happened to him.  He definitely got bad advice and I really feel sorry for him.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

And what are the crooked poticians who gave a bad loan with taxpayer's money going to have to sell?

Schilling isn't the bad guy here.