Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux

pennasoxfan

Adrian Gonzalez has a lifetime batting avg. of .290 and hit over .300 once in his entire career. Shall we say that PED's has helped him with this .353 B.A. as well? You know, improved eye-hand coordination. Stupid as this comment is, it plays out perfectly with those who believe Grandy must be juicing because of the HR #'s.

Claims or hopes that Grandy is on PED's maybe true - I do not discount any MLB player anymore. But the reasons being given do not work. Grandy hit 30 HR's in Comerica Park in 2009. And considering the park, many scouts predicted 40 HR's were possible for Grandy when he came to NY. And if he ever adjusted his swing to LH pitchers, he would be even better, so said the same scouts.

Oh no, a ballplayer actually listening to his coaches & working on improving and getting rid of his bad habits at the plate. How shameful and to boot, he is a Yankee.

Keep the rivalry real.  Also, the Mitchell Report - bad example as far as I am concerned. And could you exagerate anymore:

It has everything to do with half the Mitchel List consisting of Yankee players. 

I make no excuses for Yankees who played and got caught cheating. Shame on them. If you think that it was more common use in the Yankee clubhouse than anywhere else, then I think you are just being a Sox fan and can never look objectively at anything NY. Be fair to the rivalry and yourself as a fan. We cannot do anything about cheaters, but to presume one thing or another based on our fandom alone just weakens the game that we all love.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux:
    [QUOTE]Dear Yankee Homers....I appreciate your comments.  Really, I do.  As I Sox homer, I understand your partisanship.  But my question stands.  It has nothing to do with being jealous of any Yankee who plays well.  It has everything to do with half the Mitchel List consisting of Yankee players.  The pressure to "earn" the outrageous salaries and perform in front of the NY market must be off the charts, so I can understand the "motivation" to use PEDs either to "heal and recover" ala Pettitte or just flat out cheat ala Clemens and ARoid.  I'm also not saying that PEDs aren't endemic to sports, or that MLB or any MLB team, including the Sox, doesn't have guys using.  So, you're convinced Granderson's freakish year is all about the short porch and some adjustments to his swing huh?  I'm not.  Funny, the year Brady Anderson hit 50 at Camden Yards, I heard the same thing....for a while.
    Posted by pennasoxfan67[/QUOTE]

This is more of the same, i.e, delusional and provocative claptrap. According to you, maybe we should suspect Beckett, Ortiz and AGon FWIW. BTW, Anderson was basically a singles hitter before he hit those 50 HRs, during the steroids era, when there was no testing. As far as the Mitchel (you should at least know how to spell a RS offical's name, it's Mitchell ) report is concerned, it's widely perceived at this point in time as a farce, especially based on the stories that subsequently came ouf of RS land. And half of those on the list were Yankees? Really? I knew it was a higher percentage than on the partially hidden RS, as to be expected based on the fallacious partisan source, although no doubt those cited on the NYY were indeed guilty, and shame on them as a result. Finally (and to repeat), anyone who thinks PED use can be sterotyped by team should have their head examined.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

The pressure to "earn" the outrageous salaries and perform in front of the NY market must be off the charts, so I can understand the "motivation" to use PEDs either to "heal and recover" ala Pettitte or just flat out cheat ala Clemens and ARoid.

LMAO    interesting

seeing how both arod and andy confessed to using in texas not ny

and why would you think roger used in ny but not in toronto 1st

It has everything to do with half the Mitchel List consisting of Yankee players. 

I'm not sure about the  50% part

but I do know which town the trainers came from that they squeezed

I'm also thinking that the yanks change their rosters as much as

anyone which would increase the odds of having more users

bottom line is most grown ups have caught up to the idea

that it is a league problem not a team thing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]The pressure to "earn" the outrageous salaries and perform in front of the NY market must be off the charts, so I can understand the "motivation" to use PEDs either to "heal and recover" ala Pettitte or just flat out cheat ala Clemens and ARoid.   LMAO     interesting seeing how both arod and andy confessed to using in texas not ny and why would you think roger used in ny but not in toronto 1st It has everything to do with half the Mitchel List consisting of Yankee players.  I'm not sure about the  50% part but I do know which town the trainers came from that they squeezed I'm also thinking that the yanks change their rosters as much as anyone which would increase the odds of having more users bottom line is most grown ups have caught up to the idea that it is a league problem not a team thing
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Exactlly; but don't try to convince RS cranks of this, who are obsessed with Yankee vitriol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux : More delusional claptrap. According to you, maybe we should suspect Beckett, Ortiz and AGon FWIW. BTW, Anderson was basically a singles hitter before he hit those 50 HRs, during the steroids era, when there was no testing. As far as the Mitchel (you should at least know how to spell a RS offical's name, it's Mitchell )  report is concerned, it's widely perceived at this point in time as a farce, especially based on the stories that subsequently came ouf of RS land. And half those on the list were Yankees? Really? I knew it was alot, as to be expected based on the fallacious partisan source, although no doubt most of those cited on the NYY were indeed guilty, and shame on them as a result. Finally, anyone who thinks PED use can be sterotyped by team should have their head examined.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Actually no Steve....Anderson was hit 21,12,13,16 (home runs) before turning into superman.  Not very different from Granderson (23, 22, 30,24).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux :   Actually no Steve....Anderson was hit 21,12,13,16 (home runs) before turning into superman.  Not very different from Granderson (23, 22, 30,24).

Perhaps not, but Anderson played in Camden Yards, while Granderson played those first 3 yrs in Comerica; plus, in 2010, Granderson was out over a month. Also, Anderson was a lead-off hitter, resulting in more PAs, Granderson was usually near the bottom of the order last yr, and the middle on Det; this yr, he's batting 2nd, enhancing his PA #s. And as a result and in general IMO it's a stretch to compare the #s of these 2 players as being similar.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

we are fast approaching deceased equine territory....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]we are fast approaching deceased equine territory....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Well put.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I'm reposting this because pennasoxfan67  must of missed it

I'm sure he has some interesting responses

to repair some of the holes in his troll like post

The pressure to "earn" the outrageous salaries and perform in front of the NY market must be off the charts, so I can understand the "motivation" to use PEDs either to "heal and recover" ala Pettitte or just flat out cheat ala Clemens and ARoid.

LMAO interesting

seeing how both arod and andy confessed to using in texas not ny

and why would you think roger used in ny but not in toronto 1st

I'm not sure about the 50% part

but I do know which town the trainers came from that they squeezed

I'm also thinking that the yanks change their rosters as much as

anyone which would increase the odds of having more users

bottom line is most grown ups have caught up to the idea

that it is a league problem not a team thing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux :   Actually no Steve....Anderson was hit 21,12,13,16 (home runs) before turning into superman.  Not very different from Granderson (23, 22, 30,24).
    Posted by pennasoxfan67[/QUOTE] To take ones stats after one third of the year and to extrapolate them over the course of a 162 game season is to do so at your own risk. How many time have we seen players look like they were on track to have a record setting homerun season only to fall back as the season progressed? Case in point, Bautista -- 20 home runs by the end of May -- 1 homerun in June. If you were to calculate his projected homerun total three weeks ago, you would come up with a much larger numbers than you would today. How many times did Varitek start off the season well only to wear down as the season went on and to see him number wither? Adrian Gonzalez' numbers project out to 151 rbi's. Do you think he will do it or is he apt to cool off somewhat? And if he does, considering he's never driven in more than 119 before (a 26% increase). Why is it that at almost the same age as Granderson, factors like better lineup around him, different ballpark, and improved mechanics apply to him, but not Granderson. You know I could make a much better case that Ortiz' numbers are an abberation at nearly age 36. than I can for Granderson  torrid home run pace. Saying that he did this three or four years ago, so why not today --- is a species arguement once you get up into that age group. Players in that age group; unless they're overcoming a specific injury, don't get better from the year before. Just look at Arod, you say that he's a juicer (which he was); yet the arch of his career has moved in a predictable way for someone his age (decling numbers, declining productivity). But for Ortiz who has twice been implicated (Tejada and the list), this career arch is perfectly normal; a dramatic uptic over the last three season is perfectly understandable as well -- yet both players are only 4 months apart in age. (maybe). Funny that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

In Response to Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux:
    [QUOTE]On pace to hit over 50 home runs having never hit more than 30?  Is it the stadium or that annoying habit of the Yankees to turn a blind eye while their over paid, over hyped mercenaries juice their brains out?  Inquiring minds want to know....
      What was he on pace for in June of that year, when he hit thirty? Maybe on pace for fifty?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]Dear Yankee Homers....I appreciate your comments.  Really, I do.  As I Sox homer, I understand your partisanship.  But my question stands.  It has nothing to do with being jealous of any Yankee who plays well.  It has everything to do with half the Mitchel List consisting of Yankee players.  The pressure to "earn" the outrageous salaries and perform in front of the NY market must be off the charts, so I can understand the "motivation" to use PEDs either to "heal and recover" ala Pettitte or just flat out cheat ala Clemens and ARoid.  I'm also not saying that PEDs aren't endemic to sports, or that MLB or any MLB team, including the Sox, doesn't have guys using.  So, you're convinced Granderson's freakish year is all about the short porch and some adjustments to his swing huh?  I'm not.  Funny, the year Brady Anderson hit 50 at Camden Yards, I heard the same thing....for a while.
      I think it's time the whole juicing thing gets retired. It's gotten old, and seems a weapon for the desperate. "Grandy off to a good year, must be juicing, can't be juice with Papi, he worked hard over the winter. Colon must be juicing, can't be hard work and successful surgery, and look at the Yankees clubhouse, it's a HGH factory, look at Pettitte. And let's keep calling A-Rod A_ROID and Ortiz ROIDTIZ, and Manny never used with the Sox...take away the '04 WS trophy. " " BLAH BLAH BLAH. Enough. Both ways and all it does is lead to sophomoric comments, input from shallow posters and the next thing you know the Junkyard dogs are throwing people off the board like the woodchucks chucking wood in that geico commercial. Jeeessh, let's have some intelligent conversations here, can we?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux :   I think it's time the whole juicing thing gets retired. It's gotten old, and seems a weapon for the desperate. "Grandy off to a good year, must be juicing, can't be juice with Papi, he worked hard over the winter. Colon must be juicing, can't be hard work and successful surgery, and look at the Yankees clubhouse, it's a HGH factory, look at Pettitte. And let's keep calling A-Rod A_ROID and Ortiz ROIDTIZ, and Manny never used with the Sox...take away the '04 WS trophy. " " BLAH BLAH BLAH. Enough. Both ways and all it does is lead to sophomoric comments, input from shallow posters and the next thing you know the Junkyard dogs are throwing people off the board like the woodchucks chucking wood in that geico commercial. Jeeessh, let's have some intelligent conversations here, can we?

Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

That's not possible...too many members of the red flops nation in here for that to happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

we canot retire the juicing thing.  two many yankees are on the juice, the evidence is overwelming.  Gradyson on pace for 50 what else do you need for proof.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]we canot retire the juicing thing.  two many yankees are on the juice, the evidence is overwelming.  Gradyson on pace for 50 what else do you need for proof.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]good Lord, you and 26andstillanidiot are on pace to be the worse spellers of all time...i don't think the Scripps National Spelling Bee is in either of your futures...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux :   I think it's time the whole juicing thing gets retired. It's gotten old, and seems a weapon for the desperate. "Grandy off to a good year, must be juicing, can't be juice with Papi, he worked hard over the winter. Colon must be juicing, can't be hard work and successful surgery, and look at the Yankees clubhouse, it's a HGH factory, look at Pettitte. And let's keep calling A-Rod A_ROID and Ortiz ROIDTIZ, and Manny never used with the Sox...take away the '04 WS trophy. " " BLAH BLAH BLAH. Enough. Both ways and all it does is lead to sophomoric comments, input from shallow posters and the next thing you know the Junkyard dogs are throwing people off the board like the woodchucks chucking wood in that geico commercial. Jeeessh, let's have some intelligent conversations here, can we?
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Colon is a different story.  Colon, while out of professional baseball, had an experimental procedure that usually involves HGH.  When he returned, he found 7 MPH on his fastball.  Rather than tout this medical miracle, he decided to keep it secret from both his team and MLB.  The Yankees decided to ask no questions about how an out-of-shape 38-year-old suddenly regained the velocity from his 20s.  There are now a dozen pitchers lining up for the same procedure.  This is something MLB has to get on top of right away, or it's steroid era part II.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux : good Lord, you and 26andstillanidiot are on pace to be the worse spellers of all time...i don't think the Scripps National Spelling Bee is in either of your futures...

Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Hey jete, it's pike spelling wrong on purpose to keep the troll hunters off his trail.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux : Colon is a different story.  Colon, while out of professional baseball, had an experimental procedure that usually involves HGH.  When he returned, he found 7 MPH on his fastball.  Rather than tout this medical miracle, he decided to keep it secret from both his team and MLB.  The Yankees decided to ask no questions about how an out-of-shape 38-year-old suddenly regained the velocity from his 20s.  There are now a dozen pitchers lining up for the same procedure.  This is something MLB has to get on top of right away, or it's steroid era part II.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]
    yes it's the dawn of the colon injection era.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Curtis Granderson: Brady Anderson Redux : Colon is a different story.  Colon, while out of professional baseball, had an experimental procedure that usually involves HGH.  When he returned, he found 7 MPH on his fastball.  Rather than tout this medical miracle, he decided to keep it secret from both his team and MLB.  The Yankees decided to ask no questions about how an out-of-shape 38-year-old suddenly regained the velocity from his 20s.  There are now a dozen pitchers lining up for the same procedure.  This is something MLB has to get on top of right away, or it's steroid era part II.

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Or maybe they did ask questions a la theo and gagne and just decided to give it a shot anyway.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]Bobby V suggested that Carl Crawford look at what Curtis is doing and think about modifying his stupid stance in a similar way.  Cut out the useless stuff, hit better.
    Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]

I remember those comments and I wholeheartedly agreed then and now. CC is a great athlete but his batting mechanics are simply awful.
    For him to have accomplished what he has through his career with his stance and flailing swing is a minor miracle - and a testament to his pure athleticism. However, I believe he could become a much more consistent and prolific hitter with some relatively minor adjustments and discipline - ala Granderson.
    In no way do I believe Granderson's improvement has anything to do with PED's. I believe he got some good coaching tips and implemented them successfully. Where he plays is also a factor to some degree.
    I HATE it - because he is a Yankee - but I believe it.