D & C John Dennis watched last nights game with Jacoby's Family and they told him

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

D & C John Dennis watched last nights game with Jacoby's Family and they told him

everyone of us wants Jacoby to stay with the red sox because he would not be happy going anywhere else. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm very interesting.

I agree with his kin. as ol bill would say.............what say all of you???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: D & C John Dennis watched last nights game with Jacoby's Family and they told him

Did they say if Jacoby was open to a stay-in-Boston discount? Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: D & C John Dennis watched last nights game with Jacoby's Family and they told him

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

everyone of us wants Jacoby to stay with the red sox because he would not be happy going anywhere else. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm very interesting.

[/QUOTE]

Ellsbury's family are way to gracious!

I'd rather join the BDC gamethread than watch with either D or C.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Lets open the vault @ 5MIL per  for 3 years for all the reasons as stated by SOFTY !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Lets open the vault @ 5MIL per  for 3 years for all the reasons as stated by SOFTY !!

[/QUOTE]

How about you go in the vault for all the reasons stated by pretty much everybody here......?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

His error gave St. Louis the lead.

He is not hitting much.

I hope Cherrington is taking notes so that he has some ammo for Borass.

I'd like to see him stay, but I would never sign him for more than 5 years and I wouldn't open the vaults Carl Crawford style. Since the 2007 playoff when he was a huge spark, he really only had the one sensational season. He is good, but he is not as great as some would have us believe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tp Paraphrase the Beatles....."Happiness is a Warm Wallet"......at least for Boras Clients

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ellsbury deserves 4 years 60 million

He will ask for 6 years 120 million

If the team can find a happy medium, where he makes like 72 million over 4 years and then has a player option for 3 years 48 million IF he makes 400 starts the final 3 years of that 4 year deal, was not on the 60 day DL at all the final year and did not end the final year on the DL. Then we can be in business.

Give him a player option of 13m if incentive isn't reached

So it would be either a 5 year 85 million deal if he continues to have 'freak' injuries every other season

Or it would be a 7 year 120 million deal. He gets his 120 but gives the Sox 1 extra year to save some $ on the backend when he is 35-37 and putting up Victorino #'s. Then he would retire a Red Sox.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Lets open the vault @ 5MIL per  for 3 years for all the reasons as stated by SOFTY !!"

No need to lick softy's boot anymore you have already licked it clean off. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

We will never see 32 HR's again, that is for sure. In his other 3 full seasons here he gave 8-9-9 in homers.

But in his 4 full seasons here ('08, '09, '11, '13) Ells has been a .300 avg .350 OBP .800 OPS guy who averaged over 50 steals a game.

So the question is, can Ells transform himself in the second half of a 6 year contract into a guy who hits .315/.375/.875 with 15-20 Hr's when he loses a step and starts steals like 30-25-20 bases age 34-36?

The front office has to decide on his plate discipline and ability to do that. If he cannot be that type of hitter and in his mid-30's is a .285/.335/.750 guy getting 5 HR's and 25 steals, then they should not go past 4 years.

I would prefer to get a very disciplined guy like Choo for the Pence contract (5/90). He is 14 months older, so probably won't require 6 years. But his #'s the past 2 years of like .285/.395/.850 with 15-20 HR's and 20-25 steals are what we'd be looking for from Ells in his mid 30's. Those are far easier to translate than speed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Going into the 2018 season I would rather have:

- Choo at age 35 with 1 year left at 18m about to hit .270/.360/.810 with 14 HR's and 12 steals

than

- Ellsbury at age 34 with 2 years left at 40m about to hit .285/.335/.770 with 7 HR's and 24 steals

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

But if Ells can put up the #'s Damon did with the Yanks the 4 season he was ages 32-35, .285/.360/.820 with 15-20 HR's and 20-30 steals then it is worth it.

Looking at how we now give guys like Victorino 3/39 no problem, the fact that the team couldn't give Damon the 4/44 he wanted to stay here those years still blows my mind. He could have played CF in '06/'07 and won the '07 WS with him. We could have traded Manny to LA for Kemp (not a 3-way with Pitt and Bay) thatb offseason. Traded Ells and Lester for Sanatna. Signed Torii Hunter to play CF with his best buddies Papi/Johan. Moved Damon to LF and had right-handed Kemp backing up the older lefties Drew and Damon for 2 years before (playing vs. every lefty starter obv) before taking over in LF for Damon after '09 and a 3-peat of World Series victories.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

My guess is we might see BenC--negotiate with a two  aces in the hole--Victorino and JBJ.

I think JBJ will be given every opportunity to win the CF job in ST. If he's not ready Vic moves to CF and Nava patrols RF with Gomes in LF. They will not be held hostage by Ells/ Boras. If Ells is in the AL next season the Sox have plenty of WS footage re. how to pitch to Ells by the Cardinals staff.

The Sox will have plenty of prospects working their way through the system.

I honestly feel the same re. Salty. He has not really been a factor and I think JF is very comfortable with Ross and either Lava or Vazquez or ?? AJ Pierzinsky at a lot less money than Salty will want.

If the Sox hang in and win the WS they will have Free Agents knocking down their door to sign them with a chance for a return trip.