Dan Haren?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Dan Haren?

Rumors are the Angels are gonna decline Harens option to go after Greinke. Could he be a possible target? He had a terrible season overall but the last 6 starts he has a 2.45 ERA. He wouldn't be an ace, but he would definetely be a solid contributor. Would you guys give him a shot for maybe 2 years with a club option for 3 at 10 - 15 million a year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Dan Haren?

He's still playing baseball?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

$15.5M team option with a $3.5M buyout. That's a net cost of $12M. 

High mileage after 33-35 starts for 7 straight years before 28 this year so far- though he is just 32.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

What about Jake Peavy moon, if we could get him for 1 year? Even at a very high salary. I might pull the trigger on that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Interesting name. Lots of milage on that arm. Has had a down year this year after throwing 238IP in 2011. If they did decide to take a big chance on Haren? Maybe 2 years at the most around 10-12mm per. I wouldnt pay him 15mm after the year he had. Could be the start of a decline. His velocity has gone way down. Hes more like an 88-92 MPH guy now instead of 94 and topping out at 96. Sounds like what Beckett is dealing with. Also his GB% has gone down while his FB% has gone up. Thats not good news for a pitcher in Fenway Park. Honestly, I would probably pass.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What about Jake Peavy moon, if we could get him for 1 year? Even at a very high salary. I might pull the trigger on that.

[/QUOTE]

I think he will go for the highest dollar longer term deal. I like him, but think he will be too costly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Peavy I mentioned awhile back.....I would pay him. If we aren't going after Felix or a game changer like that. Peavy would be a good 2nd option. Have a feeling the Yankees are going to slip in on him though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Moon, any chance Sox will kick the tires on Lincecum who plays for the team with SP surplus and OF shortage?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I dont want Jake Peavy.  He havent not been impressive from 2010 to today.  From 2010 to 2011, he had a fatigue problem.  Seem like he may have it again this year after starting off 6-1 at the end of the month of May.

Daren Haren is a good pitcher, but Boston would take him as their last resort signing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont want Jake Peavy.  He havent not been impressive from 2010 to today.  From 2010 to 2011, he had a fatigue problem.  Seem like he may have it again this year after starting off 6-1 at the end of the month of May.

Daren Haren is a good pitcher, but Boston would take him as their last resort signing.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, he's been fairly mediocre in his three previous years.  Now he is in a contract, and he has a big year?  I'd be suspicious.

I like Haren, but almost no question can be answered without the numbers.  I think $20M/2 plus an option would be a slamdunk, but i think he'll get quite a bit more.