Daniel Nava, with the Fred Lynn swing.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Daniel Nava, with the Fred Lynn swing.........

Good move Bobby V. All he does is get on base......That kid is a winner !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: Daniel Nava, with the Fred Lynn swing.........

He is such a great story....even the second time around. At every level from College on, he has been discounted but he eventually excels. He is just a good baseball player....he will probably never win a Gold Glove, but he will give you steady defense and he has a decent arm...sounds like alot of leftfielders we have had over the years....and level by level he has proved he can hit. I prefer him on the roster to McDonald and Byrd.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Oh Danny Boy, The Wall, The Wall is calling!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Wow, compared him to Fred Lynn?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Daniel Nava, with the Fred Lynn swing.........:
    [QUOTE]Wow, compared him to Fred Lynn?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
     Last time I checked, Josh "Fat Ca"t Beckett has more career homeruns than Daniel "Gold Dust" Nava.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I like Nava enough and I'll take him at this point over McDonald.

But don't forget, in 2010 he batted .382 in his first 10 games then .205 over the next 50.

I'd still take Byrd over Nava, his fielding blunders against K.C. notwithstanding. At the plate, Byrd as been steady with the Sox -- .281 BA -- and is a proven ML hitter with a .278 career BA. For a fifth OF, when Crawford and Ellsbury get back and with Ross and Sweeney platooning in RF, he's fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, compared him to Fred Lynn?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]"Let me be clear".  Again the lib/left/soc/rad/moonbats attack the thread..... All I said, was that he had a Fred Lynn SWING.......And he does, uses the entire field especially the green wall !!  Thats all, nothing more, nothing less !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I like Nava and would love to see him stick.  As mentioned, heck of a story.  All people said was he couldn't play.  All he's done is continue to prove them wrong.

I'll not forget that first AB of his .... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Bill, sorry but I don't see much of Nava in Lynn's swing. Lynn was a great player to watch in the field, on the bases and at the plate. I enjoy watching Nava--he's better lefty at the plate and left field is his best position.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Bill, sorry but I don't see much of Nava in Lynn's swing. Lynn was a great player to watch in the field, on the bases and at the plate. I enjoy watching Nava--he's better lefty at the plate and left field is his best position.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]So, hows that swing look this morning ????Money mouth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Bill I was commenting on Navas swing---I knew you weren't comparing their overall stats and quality of player---there is no comparison.

I do wish someone could work on Sweeney's swing--it appears he labors trying to get good follow through. Can't fault his production so far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Bill I was commenting on Navas swing---I knew you weren't comparing their overall stats and quality of player---there is no comparison. I do wish someone could work on Sweeney's swing--it appears he labors trying to get good follow through. Can't fault his production so far.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]  I hear you..... Sweeny is doing well too with his ability to drive the ball to all fields.....  What a difference in the 1-9 with both in the lineup with Ross.... Sweeny in center !!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

If Nava can stay relatively hot with the wood then he should stick. Get it!! He makes more sense with the big club now than back in Pawtucket. He 's a switchhitter and an outfielder. Both big plus'  at this time. No doubt he can play OF better than Aviles and he's way younger than Byrd and DMAC,and we know he's got more pop than Sweeney. Whats not to like about this kid now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]                       If Nava can stay relatively hot with the wood then he should stick. Get it!! He makes more sense with the big club now than back in Pawtucket. He 's a switchhitter and an outfielder. Both big plus'  at this time. No doubt he can play OF better than Aviles and he's way younger than Byrd and DMAC,and we know he's got more pop than Sweeney. Whats not to like about this kid now?
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]Just read where Nava has been on base 15 out of his 20 AB's so far !!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Fred Lynn was arguably the greatest all-around player the Sox ever had.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]Fred Lynn was arguably the greatest all-around player the Sox ever had.

Besides 1975 and 1979 he never led the league in anything.  You have quite an eye for talent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Lynn's 75 was fantastic, his '79 was MVPesque. Numbskill ownership broke up a team that could have contended for several years in the 80s. Idiotic assumptions about Lynn's heart not being with the Red Sox. Bullshoy. Fisk, Lynn, Burleson were given no options but to leave town.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Lynn was an outstanding defensive CF.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Daniel Nava, with the Fred Lynn swing......... : Besides 1975 and 1979 he never led the league in anything.  You have quite an eye for talent.
    Posted by greenwellforpresident[/QUOTE]

You're right.  You must lead the league in offensive stats in order to make my statement true.  My bad.  But that's OK, keep flinging direct personal insults...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Lynn was an outstanding defensive CF.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Even yankee fans used to say "You looked like Fred Lynn out there" anytime one of the guys made a good play in the OF.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Daniel Nava, with the Fred Lynn swing......... : Even yankee fans used to say "You looked like Fred Lynn out there" anytime one of the guys made a good play in the OF.......

A HOFer if it wasn't for the injuries; and for a few years, he was Willie Mays, perhaps with slightly less power, speed, and arm.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I likened Lynn to a young Mantle (with less power) as far as a complete package ballplayer. Lynn crashed into a wall or two, heavy collision with Rice; Mantle tripped over a sprinkler head and it limited his ability to play stellar defense. Buckner tore his ankle, people have no idea that Buckner was a speed merchant early with the Dodgers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I likened Lynn to a young Mantle (with less power) as far as a complete package ballplayer. Lynn crashed into a wall or two, heavy collision with Rice; Mantle tripped over a sprinkler head and it limited his ability to play stellar defense. Buckner tore his ankle, people have no idea that Buckner was a speed merchant early with the Dodgers.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Lynn was a better OFer than Mantle