David Ortiz called his two Home Runs before the game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

David Ortiz called his two Home Runs before the game

Big Papi continues to disappoint... The Ortiz bashers.

This is a paragraph and link to read the whole article form ESPNBoston.com: 

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9779972/2013-alds-david-ortiz-hits-two-homers-promised-boston-red-sox-game-2-win-tampa-bay-rays

"He told some guys before the game he was going to hit two home runs and he did," Sox third baseman Will Middlebrooks said. "That's pretty impressive. A couple of us heard him say it. Rossie and I looked at each other [afterward]. 'He said he was going to do that, didn't he?'"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: David Ortiz called his two Home Runs before the game

He probably read my post about hitting Price, and taking him down. Didn't want to disappoint me. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Thanks, David! I knew you could do it!:)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I thought he was going to do that tooooooooo  !!!!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

One of the announcers on tbs said the Sox plate discipline was a year long setup,  ortiz was screaming in the dugout againdt moore to sit on the fastball. They knew these guys wouldn't expect aggressive ness ,., very smart team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I still wish he wouldn't stand and admire the balls he hammers into the outfield. the flyball that Myers failed to catch should've been a wkeup call to all players....

...RUN UNTIL THE BALL IS EITHER OVER THE FENCE, GOES FOUL OR IS CAUGHT. Although, I suppose , on the 2nd one it was either going to be foul or a homer...no chance that would fall inside the park.

I love that the guy has been such a great DH, but he needs to run instead of standing at the plate like a stautue. It just looks bad, I'm sorry, it goes against everything we were taught as kids.

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you are still a rat."- Lily Tomlin

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

that 2nd homer was vintage 2004 Ortiz..

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

I love that the guy has been such a great DH, but he needs to run instead of standing at the plate like a stautue. It just looks bad, I'm sorry, it goes against everything we were taught as kids.

You are correct, God. It's the one playing flaw that Ortiz has that isn't the right way to play the game. But as much as he's done for the Red Sox, it's a flaw that isn't worth captiously picking it.

not suggesting for a second that i condone it(it happens) but like Eck once said..hey, you don't want him to style..get him out....again..don't condone it..but he's far from alone..they all should run

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

the flip side to home run styling(apart from getting him out) is some think those guys should get drilled..which presents a whole new issue