Dear JOHN, add no mo SALT to this ROSS diet!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Dear JOHN, add no mo SALT to this ROSS diet!

I hardly see Ross sitting for game 6 after his success in gm 5.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

He NEEDS to start.  One thing JF has shown all season is that he goes with the hot hand on offense AND defense......  I'm sure it won't change now. (I hope)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

As a manager, this decision is a lay-up. Salty has been awful defensively and offensively, where Ross has been excellent and solid, respectively. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Not easy decision, since Salty has been catching him regularly. Cant help thinking of the game he beat Verlander 1-0. I might start Salty, then bring in Ross later. Depending on situation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

Stay with what has been working the last 2 games.    Except now we get Napoli back in the line up.

Only change would be be late innings with a lead move Nava to left and if he can go then Shane in right for defense.   Gomes is good defensively but that is the best possible outfield D they would have.

Be nice if Lackey can go a very strong 7 or 8 and only have to use Koji in the 9th.    

I don't care if its 10-0 in the 9th, I want Koji on the field for the final out as he deserves it.   Wouldn't be in this position this year without him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Normally I'd say it's dumb to make such a decision based on a few games in the larger scheme of things.  But this is the world series and we have two games left, we don't have a 162 games left to play out and let guys break out of slumps and let the law of averages balance out etc etc etc.

I would actually go with the guy Lackey is more comfortable throwing too.

I won't complain if that's Ross. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

And Ross has actually been one of are better hitters.....which isn't saying much seeing how pretty much no one has hit besides Papi.

Bogaerts has stepped it up too.  His numbers aren't popping off the stat sheet BUT compared to everyone else he's been one of our best hitters holding his own in the world series as a rookie.  And it's not like he was here playing all year as a rookie either he was a late season call up with only 44 AB's this season. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

So Drew almost knocked one out too, I though he had some good AB's in game 4.   I predict he has the game winning RBI in game 6 whether it comes in the 1st or 9th innings or somewhere in between.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Definetly tough decision, if you take out WS. Since only Papi is hitting.

Salty has some good numbers in Fenway, especially at night. His downfall is he terrible against Power Pitchers, which Wacha is.
    2 outs and RISP, Salty is hitting .283.
    Whatever Farrell does, he is going to earn his money.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not easy decision, since Salty has been catching him regularly. Cant help thinking of the game he beat Verlander 1-0. I might start Salty, then bring in Ross later. Depending on situation.

[/QUOTE]

It's been consistently said all year that pitchers do better when pitching to Ross. While Salty and Lackey specifically may have some chemistry that I don't know about, Ross has consistently shown that he calls a better game and is better at blocking. And as for offense? Salty looks terrible against any pitcher throwing the ball hard. Wacha made him his b**** on multiple occasions last game. 

And like someone above said...do those plays that killed them in games 2 and 3 happen with Ross behind the plate?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hardly see Ross sitting for game 6 after his success in gm 5.  

[/QUOTE]

AND GAME 4 TOO!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

If it's not broken, don't try to fix it. Why mess with a winning lineup?

Also, who was the catcher in the 3 victories so far? Coincidence?