Dear Mr Lackey, Win today & we'll forget all the other stuff....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Dear Mr Lackey, Win today & we'll forget all the other stuff....

Love,

The Nation!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Dear Mr Lackey, Win today & we'll forget all the other stuff....

In Response to Dear Mr Lackey, Win today & we'll forget all the other stuff....:
    [QUOTE]Love, The Nation!
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]

I Agree...I will forgive !!!

I'm crying a bit and venting…still smarting from Gonzalez who has been all that we expected striking out with the bases loaded last night vs. the Yankees when we had a 2 run lead.  He let the 1st go for a strike & for the 2nd swung at a slider and the 3rd at a low ball slider. Guess Boone learned something the first time they met in Yankee stadium when Gonzalez drew a walk with the  bases loaded.  Maybe Gonzalez letting first strike go was looking for another walk…dunno, but I believe Boone knew he couldn't toss him a fastball.  Great but gutsy move by Girardi. Key hit missing at the key time was the dilemna.  I mean we got 8 hits/2 runs and they 5hits/3runs & their 3rd winning run was from a double play. Just incredible that after Sabathia their pitching has held up but it’s their offense that has saved some faulty pitching at times.  In addition to Damon, sure wish we got Curtis Granderson from the Tigers and, again, not Crawford.  Anyway, Swisher was in a horrible slump earlier this year and is now very hot so hope Crawford turns it around as we approach crunch time. I will forgive last night’s loss if by some miracle we can beat Sabathia tonight but with the Yankees only getting 5 hits I don’t know if Lackey, unless he sells his soul to the devil can keep their hit count down.  But, Sabathia too, has to be a bit gun shy facing us. Pleasantly recall that in addition to coming back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees in 2004, we were down 1-3 to Cleveland in 2007 playoffs. We won game 1 vs Sabathia 10-3 and then lost 3 in a row. Sabathia pitched Game # 5 & could have provided the knockout punch but we beat him 7-1.  Went on to win the next 2 and went undefeated thereafter to win World Series.  And this year, we’ve beat him 3 times, 4/10---4-0, 5/14---6-0 and 6/9---8-3. Do we own him ? Let him and the Yankees think that and let’s beat him again tonight & that’ll leave him and Yankees wondering why we have his number when we get into the playoffs & the Yankees will definitely be there as, hate to say it, a division leader or wild card.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

That Gonzo strike out last night was a tough one to swallow i agree. I think he needs to deliver a little more in the clutch before he wins me over totally. Right now jacoby has my Sox MVP vote. AG is waaaaaaaay too polished a bat to get totally worked by a middle reliever.....

That bases loaded AB was nothing compared too Crawford chillin at 1st in the bottom of 9th last night w/1 out & not even attempting to steal a bag & get into scoring postion. He ABSOLUTELY should have stolen 2nd bc it would have taken away the double play......WHAT ARE WE PAYING THIS GUY 20mil FOR???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"Please God let me have that new bike this Christmas and I WILL FORGET ABOUT ALL THE PRAYERS YOU IGNORED!"

Do you realize how juvenile this post sounds?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Mr Lackey, Win today & we'll forget all the other stuff....:
    [QUOTE]"Please God let me have that new bike this Christmas and I WILL FORGET ABOUT ALL THE PRAYERS YOU IGNORED!" Do you realize how juvenile this post sounds?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

That's the point tardzilla! Its a joke....But, it's kinda true! Lackey's slate has been wiped clean if you ask me (until he screws up again). We don't need the yanks building confidence against us in our own park!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Someone forgot to add the addendum we all know is understood.

"...until the next time."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Dear Mr Lackey, Win today & we'll forget all the other stuff....:
    [QUOTE]Love, The Nation!
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]

Lackey may be inconsistent at times but if Terry can keep a short leash on him when he struggles, we should be fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

A couple of thoughts on AGon's K on three pitches with the bases loaded.

After the game he said he approached that at bat with the idea of being patient.  And why not?  Girardi pulls his starter with the bases loaded and two outs, and brings in Logan, a lefty, to face AGon, also a lefty.  So Logan must be presumed to be feeling the pressure and consequently having problems with throwing a first pitch strike.  So what does he do?  He throws not one but two straight strikes, one a fast ball and the second a slider which AGon missed badly.  Now, suddenly, the tables are turned, and it's Gonzalez who is under a lot of pressure.  Another slider, this one in the dirt, gets a swinging third strike and out of the inning.  Great gamble by Girardi and even greater clutch pitching by Logan.  I say gamble not because Logan didn't have a very good chance of getting AGon out--because he did.  I say gamble because Girardi was hoping Logan wouldn't walk AGon. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Guess it's time to forgive and forget?

My bet is this will only last until his next bad game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Mr Lackey, Win today & we'll forget all the other stuff....:
    [QUOTE]Guess it's time to forgive and forget? My bet is this will only last until his next bad game.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

LOL!!