Death penalty sought against Boston Marathon bomber

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Death penalty sought against Boston Marathon bomber

death by PH imbalance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

death by PH imbalance.

[/QUOTE]

Cruel and unusual.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The appropriate penalty for such a severe heinous crime:

FOURTY YEARS IN THE ELECTRIC CHAIR

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I understand that it is a federal crime but it was the people of Massachusetts who were attacked and he should be tried with our harshest penalty life in prison.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I find it kind of ironic, that many of those opposed to executing even the most vile of murderers, have no problem in supporting a woman's " right to choose." 

[/QUOTE]

Kind of ironic, yes.  But REALLY ironic the other way.  Because the people support a womans right to choose dont seeabortion on the same moral scale as murder.  One can agree or disagree with this moral position.  But, if you are trying to point out true irony, it is from the opposite side, who DO look at abortion as murder.  The crossover is large in the ven diagram of those that support murder as a form of criminal punishment and yet stand morallyopposed to murder in the form of abortion.  That is irony.

[/QUOTE]

Of course, this is a controversial topic. Everyone has their own opinion on it.  As for me, I value the life of an unborn innocent far more than the life of a vicious predator. I see abortion as murder. I see the execution of a murderer as justice. I don't find anything ironic about that.  If a compromise was necessary to resolve the argument , I would agree to end both capital punishment and abortion. I seriously doubt that the other side would agree to that compromise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Don't feed him anything and let him starve to death unless he is willing to eat hot dogs, sausages, ribs, pork chops etc. and wash it down with beer, wine etc. These items, of course, are forbidden by Allah.

But give him a choice if he wishes to die quicker than starvation, do as the Calabrian Mafia has done with traitors,   let him be eaten alive by staving wild pigs.

If many consider this cruel and unusual punishment, think of Muslim terrorist beheadings while victim is alive and also  dragging the bodies of our troops through the streets or hanging them from bridges.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to devildavid's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nothing would, and we should't have it.  Most civilised countries don't.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. My objection to the death penalty is that the justice system is imperfect and mistakes can be made. It is impossible to give an innocent man back his life.

In this case, I understand the desire to end this man's life. His guilt is as close to obvious as you can get and his crime is particularly heinous. Perhaps a selective death penalty? But even then, can we always be sure that justice will be done? I'd rather err on the side of caution than satisfy the public's emotional desire for blood, as understandable as it may be.

[/QUOTE]While we are at it,  time to revisit  "FORT HOOD, AND THE WORKPLACE VIOLENCE" !!!   Pure  B S as put forth by the "BIG O" & ERIC HOLDER !!!!   My heart & thoughts go out to those brave soldiers & families that can't even be awarded the Purple Heart & the normal benefits that go along for being killed in the line of duty !!  Just can't understand why the complacent America has gone along with this !!!

[/QUOTE]

...and once again Bill attempts to hijack a thread and turn it political.  <yawn>

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm generally opposed to the death penalty for fear of executing the wrong person, but as someone said in an earlier post, this guy is as obviously guilty as one can be.  He's guilty of three things - killing innocent people, maiming innocent people, and at least as important from a societal sandpoint, llike all terrorists, he's guilty of forever disrupting the way of life we treasure.  When Patriot's day comes next year and we have to have our backpacks searched and there's limited access to the finish line, whether he's dead or alive, he wins. 

I'm all for executing him but not because I want for him to pay for what he did with his life.  I want him executed so he can live in prison knowing WHEN he will die, counting down the days, knowing exactly when, where and how it will happen.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

death by PH imbalance.

[/QUOTE]

Cruel and unusual.

[/QUOTE]

something is only "unusual" because it is not the norm. I'm not an advocate for replacing the current methods of capital punishment with death by PH imbalance but it's the worst death i can think of and fitting for this type of scum.

Capital punishment is the issue I lean to the right the most with. Murderers, rapists and child molesters. round 'em all up and wipe 'em off the face of the earth if you ask me. Of course thats assuming the alleged person has no chance of being innocent (overwhelming evidence like video/audio, multiple eye-witness accounts, admission of guilt etc.) The method of ridding the earth of people like this is up for debate... I'd probably go with death by hanging though. cheap and effective. Minimal suffering too which is more than they deserve.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. My objection to the death penalty is that the justice system is imperfect and mistakes can be made. It is impossible to give an innocent man back his life.

In this case, I understand the desire to end this man's life. His guilt is as close to obvious as you can get and his crime is particularly heinous. Perhaps a selective death penalty? But even then, can we always be sure that justice will be done? I'd rather err on the side of caution than satisfy the public's emotional desire for blood, as understandable as it may be.

[/QUOTE]While we are at it,  time to revisit  "FORT HOOD, AND THE WORKPLACE VIOLENCE" !!!   Pure  B S as put forth by the "BIG O" & ERIC HOLDER !!!!   My heart & thoughts go out to those brave soldiers & families that can't even be awarded the Purple Heart & the normal benefits that go along for being killed in the line of duty !!  Just can't understand why the complacent America has gone along with this !!!

[/QUOTE]

...and once again Bill attempts to hijack a thread and turn it political.  <yawn>

[/QUOTE]

....but everyone here, regardless of political, social or economic postions.....knows that Bill is an idiot.....a stain on the decency, pride, honour and achievement of what the USA has achieved historically.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

death by PH imbalance.

[/QUOTE]

Mef, did you lose your taste buds in 'nam, or something?  ;-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Yes, boat stain. 

Normally, I strongly support reinstituting the firing squad and more frequent death penalty verdicts. 

But this low-life, excrement deserves something much more ruthless and horrific.

I vote for the wild pigs tearing him to pieces as they waterboard him with sulfuric acid.  I would want the pigs to start with his testicles.

He can join his brother (speed bump) in hell - being tortured for all eternity.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I find it kind of ironic, that many of those opposed to executing even the most vile of murderers, have no problem in supporting a woman's " right to choose." 

[/QUOTE]

Kind of ironic, yes.  But REALLY ironic the other way.  Because the people support a womans right to choose dont seeabortion on the same moral scale as murder.  One can agree or disagree with this moral position.  But, if you are trying to point out true irony, it is from the opposite side, who DO look at abortion as murder.  The crossover is large in the ven diagram of those that support murder as a form of criminal punishment and yet stand morallyopposed to murder in the form of abortion.  That is irony.

[/QUOTE]

Of course, this is a controversial topic. Everyone has their own opinion on it.  As for me, I value the life of an unborn innocent far more than the life of a vicious predator. I see abortion as murder. I see the execution of a murderer as justice. I don't find anything ironic about that.  If a compromise was necessary to resolve the argument , I would agree to end both capital punishment and abortion. I seriously doubt that the other side would agree to that compromise.

[/QUOTE]

But Denny.....your seemingly reasonably compromise assumes everyone agrees with your judgement on what "life" is.  

If I were able to swap no capital punishment to you for no abortions after 22 weeks I'd bite your hand off.  In fact, it's the viability issue that I make a stand on - it's a complex, emotional and increasingly scientific issue.  Have you/your partner(s) never used a barrier/timing/pill/abstinence (oof!) to avoid contraception?  If not, I can only write, again, "oof" and hope your theoretical children have a stronger sex drive.

;-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But Denny.....your seemingly reasonably compromise assumes everyone agrees with your judgement on what "life" is.  

If I were able to swap no capital punishment to you for no abortions after 22 weeks I'd bite your hand off.  In fact, it's the viability issue that I make a stand on - it's a complex, emotional and increasingly scientific issue.  Have you/your partner(s) never used a barrier/timing/pill/abstinence (oof!) to avoid contraception?  If not, I can only write, again, "oof" and hope your theoretical children have a stronger sex drive.

;-)

[/QUOTE]

I think the advent of ultrasound technology belies the idea of the fetus being just a lifeless blob of tissue. The political phonies who pander for votes will go along with anything. Even the horror of late term " partial birth" abortions. Abstinence has nothing to do with the debate. I am not a zealot. I have no problem with birth control. But when there is clear evidence of a developing life in the womb, to abort that life is murder. That is my belief. I could care less about the life of scum who deliberately plant bombs to kill innocent people . 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

;-)

[/QUOTE]

I think the advent of ultrasound technology belies the idea of the fetus being just a lifeless blob of tissue. The political phonies who pander for votes will go along with anything. Even the horror of late term " partial birth" abortions. Abstinence has nothing to do with the debate. I am not a zealot. I have no problem with birth control. But when there is clear evidence of a developing life in the womb, to abort that life is murder. That is my belief. I could care less about the life of scum who deliberately plant bombs to kill innocent people . 

[/QUOTE]

"I am not a zealot."....."murder"....."scum"....excellent!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I'll buy the bullet.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If this case doesn't warrant it, what would and why have it?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/30/22509199-feds-to-seek-death-penalty-against-accused-boston-bomber-tsarnaev?lite

[/QUOTE]

They should have put 2 bullets in the back of his head when they found him in that boat.

Save the taxpayers the $$ and the victims' families the anguish of a ridiculous trial.

[/QUOTE]

Amen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

death by PH imbalance.

[/QUOTE]

Cruel and unusual.

[/QUOTE]

something is only "unusual" because it is not the norm. I'm not an advocate for replacing the current methods of capital punishment with death by PH imbalance but it's the worst death i can think of and fitting for this type of scum.

Capital punishment is the issue I lean to the right the most with. Murderers, rapists and child molesters. round 'em all up and wipe 'em off the face of the earth if you ask me. Of course thats assuming the alleged person has no chance of being innocent (overwhelming evidence like video/audio, multiple eye-witness accounts, admission of guilt etc.) The method of ridding the earth of people like this is up for debate... I'd probably go with death by hanging though. cheap and effective. Minimal suffering too which is more than they deserve.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I could probably slide to the right on the issue of capital punishment, especially now that I have a daughter.  Anyone harm her and I would kill that person myself.  So, i get it.  But, the issue of 100% certainty in our justice system, particularly when talking about poor people on trial, makes it a non-starter for me.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True.  Plus it's not a deterrent and it diminishes us all.  I'm not soft on crime, I'm hard on crime.  I just care about society.  Life without parole in tough but legal prison with limited access to amenities is a tough penalty....and the worst we should give.

[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that the cost to the tax payer to kill someone, strangely, is stepper than keeping them in prison for life.

[/QUOTE]

Anti-DP arguments appeal to both the socially liberal and fiscally conservative parts of my brain.

Certainly, there are some crimes that are simply so heinous that the world will be a better place when the perpetrator is no longer breathing. But the possibility of executing an innocent person should be enough, IMO, that the practice should be used very seldom, if at all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Regardless of personal stance, on the death penalty; the killing of 3 innocent people, loss of limbs, forever scarring the Boston Marathon and the loss of a police officers life,  I highly doubt the death penalty will be imposed. It's Massachusetts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Regardless of where anyone stands on the death penalty, the killing of 3 innocent people, maming others for life, forever scarring the Boston Marathon and the loss of a police officers life,  I highly doubt the death penalty will be imposed. It's Massachusetts.

[/QUOTE]

It's federal charges.

That changes things a bit.