Deep enough for ya Stffy & Bill-69?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Re: Deep enough for ya Stffy & Bill-69?

In response to jackbu's comment:

no it is not but i would not be talking now if ortiz got a homer off Colon. but i guess he had no chance because he sat out that game

Singles weren't good enough-Not HR

Doubles weren't good enough-Not HR

(Not to mention the RBIs that came w/ them.)

Now the HRs are not good enough because he didn't hit them off anyone notable. 

Tough crowd I guess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

no it is not but i would not be talking now if ortiz got a homer off Colon. but i guess he had no chance because he sat out that game

Wow.  A truly pathetic post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Those who come here to bash the players on the team who aren't even fans need help. Those who pretend, stir the pot, and troll rival teams forums need help. Those who enable trolls  need help. Those who forgive obvious pretenders, trolls, pot stirrers because they have no life and come here to be entertained by fakers, whiners, voluntary villains, and conflict seekers - need help. Admit it, MOST POSTERS COME HERE FOR CONFLICT. 

THIS IS MONTY PYTHON'S ARGUEMENT CLINIC. 

NO FEE HOWEVER.

So can we give them "Getting Hit on the Head Lessons" instead?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

no triumph, i know you cannot read so i will type slowly. the homer was once again off a bad team and a bad pitcher. it was basically like hitting a 88 mph bp fast ball

THIS is the argument?  Really?

Ortiz has been outstanding since his return.  There is no other way to look at it.  

If this pitcher was so bad, I guess we should be complaining about all the guys who didn't homer off him.  What's their deal?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Singles weren't good enough-Not HR

Doubles weren't good enough-Not HR

(Not to mention the RBIs that came w/ them.)

Now the HRs are not good enough because he didn't hit them off anyone notable. 

Tough crowd I guess.

Ortiz could have a 3-homer game off Verlander, and somehow jackbu would find fault.

"One of them looked wind-aided, and the second one should have been caught by Jackson.   And the third one didn't matter since the Sox already had the lead."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This 'discrediting everything' stuff looks like fun.  Let me try one.

'Johnny Damon's 2 homers in Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS are very overrated.  First of all, they both came off Vazquez, who always stunk when he pitched in the AL.  Secondly, even without those 6 RBI, we would have won the game 4-3.  It would have been a more exciting game, too'.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

sox & papi ARE DOING WELL !!!   Good for them..... Don't get to excited, 2 K's before the H R......  And BTW, it was only HOUSTON, with ERIC BEDARD on the mound.... Early season schedule belongs to us/Red Sox......  Just need to keep your eye on the "HEEL" !!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

sox & papi ARE DOING WELL !!!   Good for them..... Don't get to excited, 2 K's before the H R......  And BTW, it was only HOUSTON, with ERIC BEDARD on the mound.... Early season schedule belongs to us/Red Sox......  Just need to keep your eye on the "HEEL" !!!!

We will, Bill the Heel.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Bill, its time to admit that you were wrong about Ortiz. Here are his stats as of today:

BA: .500, OPS: 1.395. HR: 2 in 24 ABs.

Continuing hold the position that Ortiz is finished or to refuse to admit you are wrong is just plain illogical.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Bill, its time to admit that you were wrong about Ortiz. Here are his stats as of today:

Continuing hold the position that Ortiz is finished or to refuse to admit you are wrong is just plain illogical.

i ACTUALLY would like to be wrong and I hope PAPI's return continues......  Thats what this board is all about , OPINIONS !!!  I never claimed to be an EXPERT here !!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

i ACTUALLY would like to be wrong and I hope PAPI's return continues......  Thats what this board is all about , OPINIONS !!!  I never claimed to be an EXPERT here !!!

Of course this is about opinions, and when your opinion was clearly expressed and has been shown to be wrong, its time to admit it. You were wrong about Ortiz: he IS here and he IS contributing. You said he was finished. He isn't. You were wrong and it would be refreshing to hear you admit it.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Papi is great!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ortiz has looked great, with 2 rest days and aobut a week of games played. I'm going to review this thread, after he plays about 100 games, which might be around all the games he plays for the season.

& when Papi helps the Sox win most of those '100' games you'll admit????

My guess is that he ends up playing 120 - 140 games, & contributes mightily to winning 85 - 90 of those games, just as he has done thus far.  He'll hit around .300.  OBP around .340  Slg% close to .430, OPS around .800,  .400's, RBI's likely close to 90,  & you'll admit you were wrong?   

Of course not! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

You already are wrong about Papi.  You just can't admit it.  That's the problem.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You already are wrong about Papi.  You just can't admit it.  That's the problem.

Yes, he said Papi would not even come back to play.

Now he's moving the balsawood golaposts faster than softy ever did.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Papi just keeps on making Stiffy & Lil Bill-69 look silly!

These girls just can't get it right!  Hatin life!   :)

Red Sox fans lovin it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

What is that?  7 games back, with 8 RBI's & counting???

Batting over .500 still, with a .900+ OBP?

Looking better & better every game!  :)