Dempster: Red Sox have as good a chance to win as anyone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Dempster: Red Sox have as good a chance to win as anyone

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8763583/boston-red-sox-introduce-ryan-dempster-says-much-chance-win-anyone-else

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Re: Dempster: Red Sox have as good a chance to win as anyone

In recent history we have seen big money teams fail so in that sense I would say he is right.  One can hope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I know Demp hasn't thrown a pitch yet for the Sox but a pitcher that has thrown 200 plus innings, 4 of the last five years in MLB, in the bandbox known as Wrigley,  and survived with a sub 4 ERA can pitch in any division.

He will be a great acqusition especially for a guy like Buch, I would say Lester but I don't think he will be here when the season starts. I like his demeanor and I like pitchers that know how to pitch. I liked Schill and Pedro and El Tiante and the Spaceman. I always looked forward to their starts and I feel the same excitement for Dempster.  I was hoping for RA but it wasn't in the cards.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know Demp hasn't thrown a pitch yet for the Sox but a pitcher that has thrown 200 plus innings, 4 of the last five years in MLB, in the bandbox known as Wrigley,  and survived with a sub 4 ERA can pitch in any division.

He will be a great acqusition especially for a guy like Buch, I would say Lester but I don't think he will be here when the season starts. I like his demeanor and I like pitchers that know how to pitch. I liked Schill and Pedro and El Tiante and the Spaceman. I always looked forward to their starts and I feel the same excitement for Dempster.  I was hoping for RA but it wasn't in the cards.

[/QUOTE]

Well said. If you listen to the rantings on this thread this off season you'd think the RS had pretty much avg'd 90 losses the past decade. To many spoiled RS fans, starting to sound like Yankee fans, thinking we should win a WS every freakin year. Last yr was as bad as it gets, but injuries and Bobby V ruined 2012 season. If O's and A's can both go from last to 1st in a season, why can't RS when they have more talent than both. Some people prefer the glass half empty, I prefer to see it half full. Jays will be much improved but we all know how adding high priced talent doesn't always add up to a playoff season. Yanks have a SS w/ broken ankle, Arod bad hip, Mo returning after injury, Pettite returning from injury, Gardner injured, and they're not getting any younger. O's everything went right last yr can it happen 2 yrs in a row? Jays just traded Shields / Davis from their rotation for prospects, while they might be very good prospects what can they really expect from them next year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8763583/boston-red-sox-introduce-ryan-dempster-says-much-chance-win-anyone-else

[/QUOTE]

What's your point? What would you expect him to say?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My point is maybe some crybabies here need a reality check.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I like the enthusiasm and hope it helps carry us into contention this year and next, because I doubt we can do it based on just our skill level and projected performance output over the next few years.

Call me a whiner or crybaby if it makes you feel better, but those calling us crybabies now will be the ones crying in July or August.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Dempster seems like a good guy.

I don;t think he is a great evaluator of team potential, however.

The Sox obviously do not have as "good a chance" as anyone else.  If the Sox are in the race come August it will be a small miracle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are getting very boring and repetitive and as unusual very negative.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the enthusiasm and hope it helps carry us into contention this year and next, because I doubt we can do it based on just our skill level and projected performance output over the next few years.

Call me a whiner or crybaby if it makes you feel better, but those calling us crybabies now will be the ones crying in July or August.

[/QUOTE]

moon, when have you and I ever been in conflict? I call ike a crybaby because he's been crying ever since I first saw him in this forum. You have an opinion on this year's team that is different than mine, but the thing that separates you from Alibiike, ADG, softlaw, georom et. al. is if you're wrong you're man enough to admit it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dumpster's words are hollow and meek, which reflects his career. This is the antithesis of Curt Schilling.

[/QUOTE]

It's so cute the way you come up with pet names for our players...