Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smileys_Back. Show Smileys_Back's posts

Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte

Guys, I've been telling you the Yankees are worried about their deteriorating staff and here is the proof.  The bribe 40 something Andy Pettite out of retirement.  Desperation is in the air my friends.  Can David Wells and David Cone be far behind?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte

Right on cue

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

He's 39, and if it works, that would give them a surplus of pitchers; something you wish your team had.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Hope he becomes a #4 or #5 for the Yankees, that would spell doom in terms of their staff. It is highly unlikely for him at age 39 to pitch effectively. Cashman probably made this move after reading Moon's stats today on how poorly our outfield hits vs. lefties.Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am a little sad that Beni didn't care to comment on my thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte:
    [QUOTE]I am a little sad that Beni didn't care to comment on my thread.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    Jessey, Beni is a "Leadoff Hitter" and refuses to bat in the 2 Hole. He needs to be the thread author, it is just part of his nature.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

kevin brown?
    Tampa's lookin better every day.

BTW "two hole" means something entirely different to me.

cheers all shapin up to be an interesting campaign for the boys of summa.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte:
    [QUOTE]Guys, I've been telling you the Yankees are worried about their deteriorating staff and here is the proof.  The bribe 40 something Andy Pettite out of retirement.  Desperation is in the air my friends.  Can David Wells and David Cone be far behind?
    Posted by Smileys_Back[/QUOTE]

You must mean the 39 year old Andy Pettitte who approached the Yankees about coming out of retirement and not the other way around right?  Yeah thats what I thought you meant, let us know what 4th place is like this year Smiley.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]He's 39, and if it works, that would give them a surplus of pitchers; something you wish your team had.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

LOL, Haha, yea, so many starters now that Petite might have the 12 days rest he will need back in the AL East, Hes good, but no Roger Clemens...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte : LOL, Haha, yea, so many starters now that Petite might have the 12 days rest he will need back in the AL East, Hes good, but no Roger Clemens...
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

Watch him have a better season than Beckett.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte : Watch him have a better season than Beckett.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

that's a stretch, mikey. while possible, not probable, IMO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte : that's a stretch mikey. while possible, not probable IMO
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
     hey, ya never know j.  it is an even year afterall.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte : that's a stretch, mikey. while possible, not probable, IMO
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I don't think much of Beckett anymore.  We'll see.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

It's almost EMBARRASSING ... An embarrassment of Riches.

So the Yanks have SEVEN STARTERS. Never, in the History of Andy in NY, did his pitching ever stink up the joint. THIS is a win-win situation.

If he's good; Phil or Freddy goes to the Pen
    If he's not up to snuff, it's only 2.5 million wasted. That's nothing for the Empire.

Boston has THREE starters. No Sawk fan should be squaking 'bout the Yanks over this. (But I know it's in the obsession wheel house)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]andy vs beckett at least we know petitte will be pitching for the love of the game not the money
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Zac, you think because Beckett signed a BIG contract, he's just pitching for the money and doesn't love the game??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte : I don't think much of Beckett anymore.  We'll see.

Regardless of what you may "think of Beckett", mikey, he's still a hell of a pitcher. One I would bet the yankees would love to have.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte : Regardless of what you may "think of Beckett", mikey, he's still a hell of a pitcher. One I would bet the yankees would love to have.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I don't want him and like someone said earlier its an even year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte : I don't want him and like someone said earlier its an even year.

good cause you ain't gettin himTongue out I'll take him anyday.

space was being facetious mikey

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte : good cause you ain't gettin him  I'll take him anyday. space was being facetious mikey
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's the type of pitcher the Yanks would want anyway and he's not someone I would covet.  Even if that was said in jest, look at the back of his baseball card.....its an even year.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Desperate Yankees Sign Pettitte : not saying that  ( yet) I'm just saying andy isn't coming back 4 the money heck they both kinda said the same  things the only differences are for one your kids don't have to leave the room and that same one  was  under contract at the time he said it If somebody reads this or somebody thinks I’m wrong, they can go [expletive] themselves,” he said of those who are critical of his decision. “That’s the truth. That’s what’s important to me. I’m not saying baseball is not important. I could differentiate on the day I was pitching. I went out there and I was still as competitive. I’m not saying my mind was only focused on just this pitch because I did have other things on my mind. Whether you want to understand that or not, I don’t care because I know who I am and what I’m trying to do.”
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

That's somewhat out of context, Zac. That quote was during an interview with Gammons, Beckett was asked and specifically answering about September, when he was pitching in Baltimore while his wife was overdue with their first child in Boston, not in general terms. I understood where he was coming from and gave him credit for saying so. Regardless of your profession, somethings outweigh others, whether you want them to or not. While I question his lack of judgment of somethings last season, this wasn't one of them. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and move on. We'll see