Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!

Feel free to flame away fellow fans. However, I still believe that this guy knows he has a lot to prove to us sox fans and I for one am willing to give him that opportunity. The report states that he has lost weight and has been working out. He said his arm felt great after the tommy john surgery and he's psyched to get started.

WHAT SAY YOU BILL-806???????  lol!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!

I think he has something left too, I just worry about him not having enough time to shake off the rust to really show it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!

In Response to Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!:
    [QUOTE]I think he has something left too, I just worry about him not having enough time to shake off the rust to really show it.
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth[/QUOTE]

well, if he's able to start throwing in the bp in january the only thing that I would have worried about was his overall physical conditioning. his arm strength from doing non baseball activities is a positive one. guess we're gonna have to wait and see how this pans out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Is it too early for him to start throwing?  He better be working with the Boston Red Sox's staffs instead having him to do it on his own or his personal medical staffs!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!:
    [QUOTE]Is it too early for him to start throwing?  He better be working with the Boston Red Sox's staffs instead having him to do it on his own or his personal medical staffs!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

who else would he be working with? of course he's working with sox strength and conditioning coaches.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I haven't heard anything to suggest that the timetable has been moved up from midsummer for a potential Dice return.  But, this is good news that he is raring to go.  I have a really good feeling about what he can do under Valentine.  Bobby was criticial from the git about how the Sox handled Daisuke when he came over, and, having as much experience as he has working with japanese pitchers, and speaking Japanese himself, I have the feeling Matsuzaka can really turn the corner once and for all.  It would be a shame if this was only for a half season ... not to mention how nicely this would shore up our short rotation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

He's better than Lackey right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Hmmm...interesting point, Space.  Maybe this was part of the reason for BV's selection as manager.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

if Dice K could win 15 games that would be huge..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Very encouraging, but I hope his desire to "prove himself" doesn't make him rush too fats and reinjure his arm. He also has a lot at stake, in terms of his next contract amount.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I don't see how this could be greeted with anything besides cheers! If Dice could be back and pitching well in August, it would be like picking up a solid number 3 for free at the trading deadline. Nice post!

In Response to Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!:
    [QUOTE]Feel free to flame away fellow fans. However, I still believe that this guy knows he has a lot to prove to us sox fans and I for one am willing to give him that opportunity. The report states that he has lost weight and has been working out. He said his arm felt great after the tommy john surgery and he's psyched to get started. WHAT SAY YOU BILL-806???????  lol!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Thanks Teakus! leave it to my bro spaceman to remind us all that Bobby V managed in Japan and speaks fluent Japanese. How hugh is that for starters with him coming back. able to sit and have a chat with his manager in his native language. BIG PLUS imho.

ps. great avatar teakus!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

not sure that matzusaka was a number 3 starter for the last couple of years never mind right after tommy john surgery.

if he becomes a number 3 starter for the sox it would clearly be the surprise of the 2012 season.  that is not to say that i wouldn't welcome him to become a successful #3.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm...interesting point, Space.  Maybe this was part of the reason for BV's selection as manager.
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]
    Maybe for long term options with other Japanese players, but not for Dice.  I think the expectation is that he'll finish out this year and the both sides will part.  I doubt the manager decision was based any, if at all, on Dice K, who will be luck to pitch half a season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January! : who else would he be working with? of course he's working with sox strength and conditioning coaches.

Thought that the Boston's coaching staffs had an arguement with Dice K over these years due Dice K is not following the Boston's training regimen??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

After next year the Sox need to part ways with Dice-K and start the 2013 season with NoDice-K.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Thanks for the kind words Hammah29r2, but I think your own avatar is more praise worthy. Appreciate your service hombre! As for Dice, one must remember that frequently with Tommy John surgery the pitcher actually gains 2-4 MPH on their fast ball. He could be back to the number 2ish guy we had in the past. I'm also hopeful if he does return to form we could have a shot at signing him to a cheap multiyear deal. We shall see.

[QUOTE]Thanks Teakus! leave it to my bro spaceman to remind us all that Bobby V managed in Japan and speaks fluent Japanese. How hugh is that for starters with him coming back. able to sit and have a chat with his manager in his native language. BIG PLUS imho. ps. great avatar teakus!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!:
    [QUOTE]Feel free to flame away fellow fans. However, I still believe that this guy knows he has a lot to prove to us sox fans and I for one am willing to give him that opportunity. The report states that he has lost weight and has been working out. He said his arm felt great after the tommy john surgery and he's psyched to get started. WHAT SAY YOU BILL-806???????  lol!

I definitely agree with you about Dice-K.  I posted many times last season that if he wasn't injured he could have been a help to the Red Sox.  I look forward to his return and believe that he will  have a good season. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

With Bobby V at the helm im actually extreamly excited to see Dice-K this year in the starting rotation. I wonder if good ole' Larry took that into consideration.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/daisuke-matsuzaka-progressing-well-following-surgery-hoping-to-throw-bullpen-in-january.html#comments

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

Perhaps Velentine in the mix factors into the possibility of going after Yu Darvish? The posting fee does not factor into payroll, so he could possibly sign on at a price that would be reasonable to the payroll.  Hopefully, Dicey K will come back with an axe to grind.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January! : Thought that the Boston's coaching staffs had an arguement with Dice K over these years due Dice K is not following the Boston's training regimen??
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

well, everything that I've heard said that Dice began working with red sox conditioning guys following his surgery. it was a buddy of mine that told me that the sox brass plan was for dice to first get rid of the extra weight he was carrying and begin strength and conditioning exercises while dieting. I honestly believe that if there was anyone that would be able to get through to dice it would be bobby v. I'm excited about this. the man won a championship in japan. he is totally up on their culture and language. this could open up a wealth of opportunities for other good japanese ballplayers to come on board. gotta give my cudos to ben and larry for getting us bobby v.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

First: 7/19/2008
    Last: 12/9/2011
    Thanks for the kind words Hammah29r2, but I think your own avatar is more praise worthy. Appreciate your service hombre! As for Dice, one must remember that frequently with Tommy John surgery the pitcher actually gains 2-4 MPH on their fast ball. He could be back to the number 2ish guy we had in the past. I'm also hopeful if he does return to form we could have a shot at signing him to a cheap multiyear deal. We shall see.

well chum I appreciate your kind words. my buddies call me Hammah with an h cause I was born and raised here in boston.  way back when my call sign was hammer29r.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

First, believe nothing that comes from NESN.  They get their info straight from their owners in the front office.  As in, Best Team Ever by Eric Ortiz.

Second, When Dice can give us three games in a row into the seventh inning, then I'll start to believe.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Dice K may make a nice middle reliever when health.  Since he likes to throw every day.