wow. i didn't realize so many people were this uptight. like SP said:

"What I find funny about this thread, other than some of the holier than thou attitudes, is that papi never said a "bad word", he didnt even wear a shirt that said a bad word. He wore a shirt that SUGGESTED a bad word.

If I was a parent and actually had my kid at a night game on a school night, I think thats worse that a shirt that suggested a "bad word".

Seriously, I cant believe this thread grew these enormous legs because a few people were so unbelieveably offended at a shirt that didnt say anything. Get over it and move on. welcome to 2013."

he is exactly right. some people are making a serious mountain out of a molehill. especially 67 who is so eager to put down my generation (i am 20) while being hyprcritical about the dirty laundry of his own.

are times different today than they were 3-4 decades ago? absolutely, are we better/worse as a society than we were decades ago? hard to say. i do know that society as a whole has more equality today than it did back then with the emergence of the civil rights, womens rights and gay/lesbian rights movements. Like it or not, there are nasty things in this world. You can't avoid them no matter how hard you try. If "using naughty language" is the worst thing you can say about someone then they are doing pretty well. i'd rather be called a potty mouth than a hypocritical old man with a holier-than-though attitude *COUGH COUGH*

sure, the youth of today are exposed to more than their predecesors but who says that is a bad thing?? My entire life my father has been completely open with me about any and everything. sex, drugs, swearing, addiction, violence.... the whole nine yards. I was aware of these evils since i was 8 years old. 67 would call this a recipe for disaster but i think i came out for the better because of it. Knowledge is power and i used my knowledge to make informed decisions later in life when i was inevitably exposed firsthand to these things. like they say "knowing is half the battle" what's the other half? using your brain to make the right decision. I am thankful my father was open with me about these issues from an early age. Yes 67, i also was a regular child, i played with hotwheels and legos, was obsessed with pokemon, played video games and sports, went outside and played. So why am i so well adjusted 67? according to you being exposed to all that darkness prevented me from being a regular kid, and increased my chances of becoming a ruffian as an adult.

Kids today are the same as kids in the past. Some are sheltered, some are exposed, some are unstable and it doesn't matter their degree of exposure. When they get together they will do/say unsavory things their parents wouldn't approve of (don't try and deny it either. because you'd just be setting a bad example for our youth by lying). Big Papis shirt isn't going to change that.

MASTER OF PUPPETS I'M PULLING YOUR STRINGS!!
TWISTING YOUR MIND AND SMASHING YOUR DREAMS!!
BLINDED BY ME YOU CAN'T SEE A THING!!
JUST CALL MY NAME 'CUZ I'LL HEAR YOU SCREAM!!
MASTER!! MASTER!!