Did anyone else notice ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Did anyone else notice ...

Iglesias is just shy of .300 BA .800 OPS this spring.

Like most people, I don't take much stock in spring training stats, but he's really turned it on the last couple of weeks as pitchers are getting into regular season form.  I think the general consensus is that if this guy can hit .250 in the majors he should be a starter.  He's at least shown that isn't an unreasonable expectation.  I'm a bit glad Drew will start the season on the DL to give Jose a chance.  Is there any chance he sticks around when Drew is ready to play?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Did anyone else notice ...

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

Like most people, I don't take much stock in spring training stats, but he's really turned it on the last couple of weeks as pitchers are getting into regular season form.  I think the general consensus is that if this guy can hit .250 in the majors he should be a starter.  He's at least shown that isn't an unreasonable expectation.  I'm a bit glad Drew will start the season on the DL to give Jose a chance.  Is there any chance he sticks around when Drew is ready to play?

He is another year older & much wiser....  Spending time this winter with Dustin Pedroia will proove invaluable !!!   Can't wait to see the what he will do for the pitchers  E R A   !!!     Drew should never get back in, but he will unless a trde comes along !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

He is another year older & much wiser....  Spending time this winter with Dustin Pedroia will proove invaluable !!!   Can't wait to see the what he will do for the pitchers  E R A   !!!     Drew should never get back in, but he will unless a trde comes along !!

I hope you're wrong, but I tend to agree.  The sox have definitely tended to undervalue defense at SS in my opinion and veteran's always get their job back after injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

I think that, whether it is true or not, it is a good idea for the team to say the job will be Drew's on his return. It takes pressure off the kid. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to Brickbat's comment:

I think that, whether it is true or not, it is a good idea for the team to say the job will be Drew's on his return. It takes pressure off the kid. 

Never thought of it that way.  That could also have a negative effect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Pedey earned that "C" on his chest. give it to him already.