Did BC Make it to Dallas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Did BC Make it to Dallas?

There is a glut of transacrions going on amid the winter meetings. Unfortunately, none of them bear the name of the RS. Street may now be going to the Padres and Gentle Ben has already missed the boat on three other closers, and let Bedard escape to Pitt.
    Let's just look at what Boston has done so far: Re-signed Scutaro and Miller, that's it.
    I guess all they figured the team needed was a new manager. I hope they are right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Did BC Make it to Dallas?

Has anyone taken into account tha the two teams in MLB who the other teams try to rip-off are NY and Boston. It is not easy for either team to make trades during the winter meetings for either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

First of all, the closer from the White Sox isnt a proven closer, the next closer went to S.D. who will be making 8 million dollars for the 2012 season at the same time he have an option of 9 to 10 mm dollars for the 2013 season, and Bedard went to Pirate for 4.5mm plus incentives. 

Then we see Madson, Beltran, Cuddyer, etc all demanding over 9 to 15 mm dollars a year.  

So you do really think they are worth of money to come to Boston??  

Come on, Boston werent interested any of them except few of them.

Right now, They are already interested Bailey, Quentin, now two Texas relievers, Juerigen, etc. but Boston are waiting for these teams's demand on what to get in return from Boston. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

BC is stuck on the tarmack with another BC (Brian Cashman).

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Did BC Make it to Dallas?:
    [QUOTE]There is a glut of transacrions going on amid the winter meetings. Unfortunately, none of them bear the name of the RS. Street may now be going to the Padres and Gentle Ben has already missed the boat on three other closers, and let Bedard escape to Pitt. Let's just look at what Boston has done so far: Re-signed Scutaro and Miller, that's it. I guess all they figured the team needed was a new manager. I hope they are right.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

What glut of transactions. Reyes has signed and others have been reported but not consumated. Some minor trades and some minor signings. Bedard is not a major signing if it happens. On the board is Puhlos (sp) and Buerhle both with Miami.

The only team making noise is the Marlins and I'm trying to figure out where they got the money from all of a sudden?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Larry has a very tight leash on Ben this year. Kills me about the Marlins because they are one of those teams that pockets the luxury tax money from the teams that go over and this is the first splash that they have ever made at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Did BC Make it to Dallas?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Did BC Make it to Dallas? : What glut of transactions. Reyes has signed and others have been reported but not consumated. Some minor trades and some minor signings. Bedard is not a major signing if it happens. On the board is Puhlos (sp) and Buerhle both with Miami. The only team making noise is the Marlins and I'm trying to figure out where they got the money from all of a sudden?
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

ADD ANOTHER TO THE LIST, JIM  MARLINS JUST INKED MARK BUEHRLE TO A 4 YEAR/58 MILLION DOLLAR DEAL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did BC Make it to Dallas? : ADD ANOTHER TO THE LIST, JIM  MARLINS JUST INKED MARK BUEHRLE TO A 4 YEAR/58 MILLION DOLLAR DEAL
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

But they are the only ones I want to know where they got the money. In another post I started their salaries will go from 57M last year to 100+M this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did BC Make it to Dallas? : But they are the only ones I want to know where they got the money. In another post I started their salaries will go from 57M last year to 100+M this year.

Revenue sharing......I don't think it's a matter of not having it or a question of where it came from Jim. I think they just decided to spend it. A new stadium tends to do that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedGatorSox. Show RedGatorSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did BC Make it to Dallas? : ADD ANOTHER TO THE LIST, JIM  MARLINS JUST INKED MARK BUEHRLE TO A 4 YEAR/58 MILLION DOLLAR DEAL
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thankfully, the Sox didn't make this deal.  Buerhle will be 33 when the 2012 season starts and he has a lot of mileage on that arm already.  4 years. $58M? 

The Marlins are like a poor guy who suddenly inherits a fortune from a rich uncle and immediately goes out and buys 8 cars, 4 houses and a Rolex for every good looking chick he meets at the bars.  The vault opened and they are bound and determined to spend every nickel that is in there, whether or not it makes good sense!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

three names the red sox should be interested in.
    CARLOS QUENTIN
    YU DARVISH
    RYAN MADSON

QUENTIN or WILLINGHAM WOULD BE A GOOD FIT BECAUSE
    BOSTON NEEDS A RH BAT IN FENWAY. WE ALREADY HAVE AGON,
    ELLSBURY, CRAWFORD AND PAPI FROM THE LEFT.
    DARVISH IS 25 AND HAS GOOD STUFF AND VALENTINE KNOWS
    HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE JAPANESE PLAYERS. THE
    QUESTION IS MONEY. I DOUBT THE SOX WILL BE INTERESTED,
    SO THE YANKEES WILL GET HIM OR GIO GONZALEZ AS WELL,
    EFFECTIVELY BURYING THE RED SOX WITH A ROTATION OF
    SABATHIA, NOVA, GONZALEZ, HUGHES, AND GARCIA.
    THEY ALSO HAVE JOBA, ROBERTSON, SORIANO AND MO TO
    CLOSE. NUFF SAID. YANKEES WIN GOING AWAY.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did BC Make it to Dallas? : Revenue sharing......I don't think it's a matter of not having it or a question of where it came from Jim. I think they just decided to spend it. A new stadium tends to do that.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Will be interesting to see if their attendance improves much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

If that's what it took to get him, then good ridance. No way I give him 4 years at that price. The Marlins are overpaying, just like the Nats did last year. The trend that's developed is that every team trying to buy a trophy has fallen flat on their face. Heat, Red Sox, Eagles--all went down in flames this year, or at least didn't win it all like they were heavily favored to do. Rarely does that ever work. I think the Marlins will be good, but they are still overpaying these guys, and it may or may not end in a championship. Probably not. The Sox are better off on the Gio Gonzalez types. Bailey might be good, and Quentin would be a good move if you can make it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

theo's work last year hand cuffed anything that cherrington can do this year.  the red sox are still a very good team that just need to fill a couple of positions.  large and over the top aquisitions aren't going to help anything.  hopefully he will take his time and get things right, that would be different than throwing boatloads of cash to a big name all the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Here's the latest scoop: they have upped their offer to Papi to two years for 20 mil. They are reportedly on the verge of signing Jesse Carlson a LHRP from the Toronto Blue Jays to a minor league contract with an invitation to ST. Other than that the Sox brass spent their days locked up in a room for 4 at the Motel 6 in an effort to save money....Gorden Edes is reporting that Papi has officially accepted Arbitration so he is going to get his raise,he'll get 15 mil easy with his numbers from last year...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Did BC Make it to Dallas? : What glut of transactions. Reyes has signed and others have been reported but not consumated. Some minor trades and some minor signings. Bedard is not a major signing if it happens. On the board is Puhlos (sp) and Buerhle both with Miami. The only team making noise is the Marlins and I'm trying to figure out where they got the money from all of a sudden?

The Yankees and Revenue Sharing Tongue out