DL Drew Already

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

DL Drew Already

I was shocked when I saw that Drew has still not been DL'd. What are they waiting for? Slap him on the DL until September 1, and then bring him back after
    roster expands. That way, he's a no go, if they so choose for the playoff roster.

And demote Williams and bring up Atchison. They need fresh arms for tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: DL Drew Already

In Response to DL Drew Already:
    [QUOTE]I was shocked when I saw that Drew has still not been DL'd. What are they waiting for? Slap him on the DL until September 1, and then bring him back after roster expands. That way, he's a no go, if they so choose for the playoff roster. And demote Williams and bring up Atchison. They need fresh arms for tonight.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]Move to put Drew on DL delayed
    July, 25, 2011

By ESPNBoston.com
    BOSTON -- During Monday night's rain delay, the Red Sox's move to put J.D. Drew on the disabled list -- like the game itself -- was put on hold.

Earlier Monday, Terry Francona had said the team was putting Drew on the DL with a shoulder impingement to clear a roster spot for Jon Lester.

But with the start of Monday's game with the Kansas City Royals delayed, the team said it would instead option pitcher Kyle Weiland before Monday's game to make room for Lester, and would place Drew on the disabled list Tuesday. It is expected Drew Sutton would be recalled to fill Drew's slot.

We held off and made a different roster move," Francona said after the 14-inning loss. "There's a lot of moving parts and some of it is baseball and some of it is personal. We've got caught in some things that we're probably not able to talk about, but you're going to have to take my word for it. Sometimes personal stuff gets in the way."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Obviously it is because Drew is not actually injured, and they have to find the most pathetic way to throw this veteran out of town without arousing suspicion from the MLBPA. If tossing Drew aside like this works, at leat we know it could be used on Wastefield.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Last time I checked if you don't want a player back on the roster, delaying his move to the DL is the right thing to do. The longer he is on the DL, the shorter the rest of the season becomes, the easier to make Reddick full-time RF, and the shorter to see the end of Drew's MLB most over-rated player ever career end.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: DL Drew Already:
    [QUOTE]Last time I checked if you don't want a player back on the roster, delaying his move to the DL is the right thing to do. The longer he is on the DL, the shorter the rest of the season becomes, the easier to make Reddick full-time RF, and the shorter to see the end of Drew's MLB most over-rated player ever career end.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

The only way you would have a point is if Drew had been inserted into the game last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The DL is supposed to be for the DL; not a holding tank for players. Every team does this, and the Commish is typically spineless on the issue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenMonster1964. Show GreenMonster1964's posts

"Some of it is baseball and some of it is personnal"........Coincidentally, you can't trade a player on the DL, I wonder if the Mets are considering taking Drew as part of a deal for Beltran?  Drew helps balance the contracts with a slight savings for the Mets, and the Sox throw in a mid-level prospect

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

remember, it wasn't entirely drew's fault for his pathetic 5 years in bean town.
    he wasn't a RED SOX CRASHER; someone invited him to the party.
    hmm, i wonder who that was.
    someone, please refresh my memory.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xfiles45. Show xfiles45's posts

Way Back Wakefield, needs to go... He's only good to use against the NL (because they don't know his JUNK) or for three to four innings to keep batters off kilter so when you bring in a real pitcher, they have trouble adjusting from the floating marshmellow- to a real fastball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DL Drew Already : The only way you would have a point is if Drew had been inserted into the game last night.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Exactly. He can go on the DL as long as they want. If he was DL'd last night,
    they would have had an extra arm out of the bullpen. He'll be on the DL until September as he should be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]"Some of it is baseball and some of it is personnal"........Coincidentally, you can't trade a player on the DL, I wonder if the Mets are considering taking Drew as part of a deal for Beltran?  Drew helps balance the contracts with a slight savings for the Mets, and the Sox throw in a mid-level prospect
    Posted by GreenMonster1964[/QUOTE]

Are you joking? The Mets want to get rid of salary and get top prospects. Why in the world would they take Drew, a washed up 35 year old. WOW.  I think your
    post goes down as one of the most absurd in Boston.com history.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

DFA Drew Already

Hopefully we've seen the last of him