Do the Math

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Do the Math

3  L
    2  W
    3  L
    1  L
    2  W

Red Sox are 2-3  60% losers when pitching extremely well, allowing 3 runs or less

The Red Sox are 4-2  66% winners when scoring 4 or more runs

Do the math, and learn why Cano+Tex+ARoid had no problem winning a game with terrible Yankee pitching.

The Red Sox play in a park and in a division and in a league where offense is more important than pitching. Get over it!

Get a superstar RH bat between AGon and Ortiz and the Red Sox will have no problem winning games with lousy pitching

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Do the Math

You should not post anymore, the bp gives up 14 runs you are trying to tell me the Sox pitching is fine?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Take a sober look at losing games with 3 runs or less.

Take a sober look at why the Yankees were able to score 14 runs in Fenway.

Take a look at Youk and the dumpster RH OF profiles.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Speaking of Math:

Bos has a Bullpen ERA of 9

No RH Batter is going to help that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Take a look at 3 losses out of 5 games when the pitching staff was excellent. One superstar RH bat turns that upside down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Do the Math:
    [QUOTE]3  L 2  W 3  L 1  L 2  W Red Sox are 2-3  60% losers when pitching extremely well, allowing 3 runs or less The Red Sox are 4-2  66% winners when scoring 4 or more runs Do the math, and learn why Cano+Tex+ARoid had no problem winning a game with terrible Yankee pitching. The Red Sox play in a park and in a division and in a league where offense is more important than pitching. Get over it! Get a superstar RH bat between AGon and Ortiz and the Red Sox will have no problem winning games with lousy pitching
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]You raise a valid point here hank. While I think the pitching does need to be addressed, I think the Sox have the pieces between Boston and Pawtucket to have decent pitching, especially once some people start coming back from injury. I also don't think we need to look outside the organization for the superstar RH bat we need. There are two excellent candidates in Pawtucket right now in Lavarnaway and Middlebrooks. I'd like to see both those guys in the lineup ASAP and find out what we have in them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Math:
    [QUOTE]Take a look at 3 losses out of 5 games when the pitching staff was excellent. One superstar RH bat turns that upside down.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

One superstar RH bat - that would have failed to get on base 60% of the time on average - would have won those games?  BTW, still waiting for you to ID this RH bat, though I'm sure you won't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Okay.  You're officially a troll.  Cody Ross at his current pace would hit 36 homers and drive in 116 runs.  But you think if we had a superstar RH bat instead the Red Sox would have a winning record.

there is no way you could really be this stupid.  I officially proclaim anything you say from now on as totally irrelevant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Do the Math": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do the Math : One superstar RH bat - that would have failed to get on base 60% of the time on average - would have won those games?  BTW, still waiting for you to ID this RH bat, though I'm sure you won't. Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE] Softy's original proposal was to have Luccino, Cherrington, BV, and Ellsbury go masked and armed into the Dodgers clubhouse, kidnap Matt Kemp, and force him at gunpoint to sign a contract with the Red Sox. Valentine was then to brain Ellsbury in the back of the head with his gun, leaving him unconscious on the floor of the Dodger Stadium offices, thus consummating the "trade". The trouble with it began when Pedroia let it slip when talking to his friend Ethier. The Dodgers got wind of it, and quickly signed Kemp to an extension, thus the plan had to be abandoned. Marlin Byrd coming instead now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The Sox just lost a game in which they scored nine runs on 17 hits. That wasn't on the offense. They've also given up at least six runs in seven of their 14 games. And they've given up 45 runs in their last four games.

The Sox could have scored 17 on Tuesday, 5 on Wednesday, 5 on Friday, and 14 on Saturday ... and still lost each game.

We have issues all over. But first and foremost is clearly the bullpen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Take a look at 3 losses out of 5 games when the pitching staff was excellent. One superstar RH bat turns that upside down.
    We await your specific proposal on how the Red Sox should acquire "One superstar RH bat."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]Okay.  You're officially a troll.  Cody Ross at his current pace would hit 36 homers and drive in 116 runs.  But you think if we had a superstar RH bat instead the Red Sox would have a winning record. there is no way you could really be this stupid.  I officially proclaim anything you say from now on as totally irrelevant.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

What's with this TROLL talk? Do want want to be placed onto the Pike / Kim evil list?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do the Math : What's with this TROLL talk? Do want want to be placed onto the Pike / Kim evil list?
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

Hold your horses there pikey. Snakeoil doesn't like you any more than the rest of us. Don't begin to think he's softening up on you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do the Math : Hold your horses there pikey. Snakeoil doesn't like you any more than the rest of us. Don't begin to think he's softening up on you.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

That's irrelevant. I just warned him about calling others a troll. That is verboten and a word to the wise should be sufficient. You don't really need to follow me around and rush to each and everyone of my posts. In this case I was doing the forum a favor trying to minimize this witch hunt for trolls. It gets boring and is very distracting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Do the Math:
    [QUOTE]3  L 2  W 3  L 1  L 2  W Red Sox are 2-3  60% losers when pitching extremely well, allowing 3 runs or less The Red Sox are 4-2  66% winners when scoring 4 or more runs Do the math, and learn why Cano+Tex+ARoid had no problem winning a game with terrible Yankee pitching. The Red Sox play in a park and in a division and in a league where offense is more important than pitching. Get over it! Get a superstar RH bat between AGon and Ortiz and the Red Sox will have no problem winning games with lousy pitching

Fair points. I don't, however, think the first would hold over a season. 5 games isn't a terribly large sample size. I do, however, remember YEARS of Pedro pitching with sub 3 or 2 ERA and getting less run support than that, so maybe it is going to be a lasting problem. I just tend to think, over a season, that will turn in the Sox favor. Now, how many times they are able to hold a team under 3 runs may be the bigger issue.

They could definitely stand some help. They're currently down Ellsbury and Crawford. Maybe getting them beack is enough?

I wish I was GM, we'd have Matt kemp. Would have had him since July 2010! Hahaha

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do the Math : You are an incredibly dull person.

You too with be labeled as "dull" if you keep labeling others as a troll. Shame on you, where are your manners? Such activity is very distracting and the forum would be much better without it. Now, please go back and apologize to that poster that you slandered and pray that he will forgive you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do the Math : You too with be labeled as "dull" if you keep labeling others as a troll. Shame on you, where are your manners? Such activity is very distracting and the forum would be much better without it. Now, please go back and apologize to that poster that you slandered and pray that he will forgive you.

You are so creepy.  You're like hiding in the bushes by the window creepy.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Do the Math": [QUOTE]Take a sober look at losing games with 3 runs or less. Take a sober look at why the Yankees were able to score 14 runs in Fenway. Take a look at Youk and the dumpster RH OF profiles. Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE] It is the bullpen serving up meatballs for 3 innings. Which RH OFer would have prevented Saturday?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lives2ski. Show lives2ski's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Do the Math": It is the bullpen serving up meatballs for 3 innings. Which RH OFer would have prevented Saturday?
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

How about Manute Bol, assuming he could reach the bottom of the ladder, he could climb up the Monster and stand on the top, catching some of those shots that would otherwise be HRs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The Red Sox have lost a total of 10 games.  In 7 of those games, they gave up 6 runs or more.  All of those 7 losses are on the pitching staff.

In the 7 games where the pitching gave up less that 6 runs.  The Sox are 4-3.

To me, this means that the Red Sox Offensively are good, but not great.  But the pitching has been terrible.

If you are relying on the offense to score more than 6 runs to win a game, then you aren't going to win many games.

Yes, the Red Sox Offense has some holes.  But the BP is just plain terrible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Threads rely on posters with extreme myopia. That is the nice way to describe them but what they are doing is to isolate one team problem and try to milk that for being the most important and sole reason for the problem. It is called scapegoating and you can look at every thread and see it being done. Whether it is intentional or just a trait of simplistic analysis is another question.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Threads rely on posters with extreme myopia. That is the nice way to describe them but what they are doing is to isolate one team problem and try to milk that for being the most important and sole reason for the problem. It is called scapegoating and you can look at every thread and see it being done. Whether it is intentional or just a trait of simplistic analysis is another question.

No actually you don't understand nuance.  On another thread I said it is a managers job to get his players to buy in to his agenda.  You seemed to take this as me saying that is was Valentine's fault that the team is playing badly. I didn't even mention Valentine or say anything negative about him.  You just miss a lot of subtle things and then you start freaking out and then you get...creepy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

"creepy".... where have I heard that before? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do the Math : No actually you don't understand nuance.  On another thread I said it is a managers job to get his players to buy in to his agenda.  You seemed to take this as me saying that is was Valentine's fault that the team is playing badly. I didn't even mention Valentine or say anything negative about him.  You just miss a lot of subtle things and then you start freaking out and then you get...creepy.

My last thread was not aimed at you but if the shoe fits ----. It was aimed at the forum in general.

Yes, it is part of every manager's job skill to get his players to buy into his agenda as well as the agenda of the FO. How one measures the success of that is very subjective and difficult to measure. Do you measure it in the same manner starting out the season at 4-10 as you would if they start at 10-4. What variables get placed into the equation and are they statistically independent of other factors? Should the variable be independent of injuries and personnel moves made by the FO? To me, it sounds like an equation that is doomed to not work since there are too many variables that are not cause and effect and solely correlated to the manager.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do the Math : My last thread was not aimed at you but if the shoe fits ----. It was aimed at the forum in general. Yes, it is part of every manager's job skill to get his players to buy into his agenda as well as the agenda of the FO. How one measures the success of that is very subjective and difficult to measure. Do you measure it in the same manner starting out the season at 4-10 as you would if they start at 10-4. What variable get placed into the equation and are thet statistically independent of other factors? Should the variable be independent of injuries and personnel moves made by the FO? To me, it sounds like an equation that is doomed to not work since there are too many variables that are not cause and effect and solely correlated to the manager.

I didn't say anything about success.  I wrote a simple statement.  then you went off on a tirade about "according to me the worst team would win the WS if it had the best manager, and Palin would be president bla bla bla" and somehow attributed numerous thoughts to me that  I had not even come close to expressing.

Some people here do not even get that if the employee is revolting against management then it is up to management to fix it.  You keep trying to imply I am extrapolating that out into wins and losses. Regardless, attempting to discuss things with you is a huge waste of time.

Please come back under another screen name and try again.