Do the Sox make a serious run for Masahiro Tanaka???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Do the Sox make a serious run for Masahiro Tanaka???

I sure do hope so..With Yu Darvish's success down in texas, i think it would be foolish to not get in on the bidding for him in hopes of finding a top of the rotation guy you can pair with lester. It makes even more sense considering what the market will probably demand for just bottom of the rotation 3-4-5 guys. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Do the Sox make a serious run for Masahiro Tanaka???

We already have 6 legit ML pitchers, one more in the BP that will get a look, and a few in the minors a year away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

We already have 6 legit ML pitchers, one more in the BP that will get a look, and a few in the minors a year away.

As they say, you can never have enough pitching..Our rotation is on the older side, Lackey is 35  and only has two years left, Lester will be at the 30 Mark and will be looking for big money soon, Buch is buch and can't stay healthy, Jake is getting up there and only has 1 year left on his deal, Dooby has been inconsistant, and prospects are called prospects for a reason. Tanaka posting fee wont count against the Luxury Tax and can probably be signed for 5/80, which is a steal considering guys like Ervin Santana and Ricky Nolasco will probably be getting 80-100 mill. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Sure. Then trade Dempster AND Peavy.

Rotation:

Lester

Lackey

Doubront

Buch

Tanaka

with Webster, Workman, etc. as back-ups

Hindsight is 20/20, but I am not too impressed with Peavy. I would rather have Iggy and Bogy at SS and 3rd next year. Yes, that ship has sailed. Peavy still has about a 10 ERA in playoff games. Definitely not the post-season option the RS want.

Trading Peavy and Dempster while signing Tanaka should allow the RS a net gain towards the salary cap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I am sure that the Sox may be thinking that Tanaka could equal Matsuzaka.  His record last year was very impressive, but so was Matsuzaka's when in Japan.

This year's team proved that getting guys who can handle the spot light in Boston is very important, and no one knows if Tanaka will translate into MLB success in Boston. 

I would be very leary of getting involved with this guy

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to the OP. NO

[/QUOTE]

Any reasons why Laguna? For nothing more than money the sox can get a possible great #2 all the way up to possibly ACE #1.. I think it's worth atleast a shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am sure that the Sox may be thinking that Tanaka could equal Matsuzaka.  His record last year was very impressive, but so was Matsuzaka's when in Japan.

This year's team proved that getting guys who can handle the spot light in Boston is very important, and no one knows if Tanaka will translate into MLB success in Boston. 

I would be very leary of getting involved with this guy

[/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure DiceK didn't go 24-0 with a 1.23 ERA in his last season in Japan. Plus I don't think Tanaka throws a gyro ball...