Do you agree with Tori Hunter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Re: Do you agree with Tori Hunter?

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Promise4you2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They are only a threat to people who care about these things.  My friends and I have conjectured about some of our friends that had issues with minorities.  We thought there were two basics at play.

1-Those that are successful don't treat minorities as a threat.  It is only the unsuccessful that have the animosity.  That's because they recognize that they are at the bottom of the food chain.  And they'd like the homeless minority more than the middleclass minority because the disparity is more stark.

2-This one relates more to gays.  Those with more time on their hands have more issues of these types.  When your life is full, it's an effort to sit in moral judgement of others.

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that in this post you are making a moral judgement, right?

My goodness do any of you liberals ever take a logic class or spend anytime thinking before you write/speak?

It's embarrassing to watch you all make moral pronouncements AGAINST moral pronouncements.

[/QUOTE]

1-No, I am not making a moral judgement.  I am relating a discussion of why people think as they do.  There is a genesis behind all human activities, even among the most crazy of us.  It is vitally important to understand the various rationales behind human behavior.

2-Why do you assume I am a liberal?  Simnply because I do not cater to a monolithic orthodoxy with a singulistic mindset?  Is it not possible to consider oneself as ROC or LOC because you believe 60% one way and 40% the other way?

[/QUOTE]

You are being way to logical. Obviously you were taught very well! And I could care less if you are a liberal or not! Most will not comprehend your thoughts with intelligence!

[/QUOTE]

It seemed fairly obvious to become logical.  I always rooted for Spock instead of Kirk, and always liked the Sheldon character on The Big Bang Theory who has Asperger's.  My mom and dad are both democrats turned republican.  They weren't political, but most of the kids are fairly far to the right, I suspect as a result of being math-oriented.

So I've always been a conservative in the Reagan/Goldwater mold.  But I never understood why I should care about what other people do, as long as it doesn't impact me.  Perhaps not all strains of conservatism are the same.  For me, it was defined as limited gov't, both fiscally and  socially.  Which means, for the most part, I don't want anyone bothering me, especially in my own house.

[/QUOTE]

I could not have said it any better!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

I have a gay son. His choice not mine. I love him dearly. He contributes his time to charities, pays his taxes and is a good citizen. He is well educated (Boston University) With a major in mathematics, he won the award for statistics (even though he never took statistics, in his graduating year. He does not push his belief's on others, but interesting how those against gay;s wish to push theirs on others! While he may never make the kind of money Hunter has, he has done well as an actuary in Boston. He condems no one. Yet Mr Hunter who has totally discraced his religion with 4 kids by 4 moms has the nerve to speak this way.

He has a right to opinion no doubt. But let he who lives without sin cast the first stone! Sorry Tori you should shut up and take a good look at your life, for one day you will meet your maker! And BTW tori, he , your maker, has no hate for his children!

[/QUOTE]

Prom.....the little I know of you (from here) I like and respect.  I love your post (that I'm responding to) and will only make one tiny argument.

The great stuff?  I can easily accept that your son is bright, kind, generous, thoughtful and brave..... My tiny issue I'd respectfully suggest you consider is your use of the word "choice".

Me?   I never had to "choose" hetero- or homosexuality because.....there was only ever one "option".   Does one "choose" such a thing?  I did not choose to be straight....did you?  Did your brave son?  I dunno....ask him!  xo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I have a gay son. His choice not mine. I love him dearly. He contributes his time to charities, pays his taxes and is a good citizen. He is well educated (Boston University) With a major in mathematics, he won the award for statistics (even though he never took statistics, in his graduating year. He does not push his belief's on others, but interesting how those against gay;s wish to push theirs on others! While he may never make the kind of money Hunter has, he has done well as an actuary in Boston. He condems no one. Yet Mr Hunter who has totally discraced his religion with 4 kids by 4 moms has the nerve to speak this way.

He has a right to opinion no doubt. But let he who lives without sin cast the first stone! Sorry Tori you should shut up and take a good look at your life, for one day you will meet your maker! And BTW tori, he , your maker, has no hate for his children!

[/QUOTE]

Prom.....the little I know of you (from here) I like and respect.  I love your post (that I'm responding to) and will only make one tiny argument.

The great stuff?  I can easily accept that your son is bright, kind, generous, thoughtful and brave..... My tiny issue I'd respectfully suggest you consider is your use of the word "choice".

Me?   I never had to "choose" hetero- or homosexuality because.....there was only ever one "option".   Does one "choose" such a thing?  I did not choose to be straight....did you?  Did your brave son?  I dunno....ask him!  xo

[/QUOTE]

Respect to you, I need to be careful how I phase things. We did in fact have this conversation. His words to me and i quote "Dad it is the way i was born"! I have no issue and thank you for correcting me in the way i said "Choice, which was wrong".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Sonic's, i am not sure who your post is directed at. But i am impressed by what you posted. One might be shocked if they knew how many of their friends are gay. I got over it a long time ago when my son called to tell me he was gay. I actually knew, but to hear it was different.

I remember one of my best friends breaking the 'news' to me that his brother was gay.  I told him it was pretty obvious 5 years ago.  I often wondered if he was in denial, or if he was just hoping no one would notice.  I also wonder how many people's live are lessened because they don't want to admit it.

I also wonder what the opinion would be if the situation was reversed.  If 98% of the population was gay, and babies born in  test tube.  If the 98% turned 2% would feel about being accepted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you were a true Red Sox fan, you'd have mentioned that he has the coolest avatar in the joint.

Past that, I never understood either side on that topic.

1-God created gays.  If you have an issue with gays, blame God.  If you believe God to be all-powerful, let Him smite the gays.  I think way too many people err by assuming themselves to be God's judge on earth.  If being gay is wrong, I'm pretty comfortable allowing God to make that decision.

2-On the left side, they tells gay kids to be proud that they are gay.  If they are born that way, why would it be a source of pride?  Would they tell tall people to be proud that they are tall?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

homophobia.  And I like and respect the guy generally.

I'm sure Hunter doesn't fear "the same", in reference to the embarrassing coined epithet "homophobia". I'm sure his fear is sharing bathroom facilities with those who engage in sinful behavior as described in his religious beliefs and who suffer from same-sexual attraction disorder. The people who fear people like Hunter who pubicly express an aversion to same-sex sexual behavior suffer from "moralphobia". 

[/QUOTE]

LMAO....you are too funny!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did his Christian up bringing also teach, having four children with four women, who weren't his wife, and not in their lives?

[/QUOTE]

Well put.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he certainly wasn't confused where to put it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't give a damn what Torii Hunter thinks.

He could prove more about his "intelligence" by learning to say "no comment."

[/QUOTE]

Right. Don't answer anything honestly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Right. Don't answer anything honestly.

[/QUOTE]

Some questions should be answered diplomatically, not honestly, especially when 'honestly' means the first thing that pops into your head, without reflection.

Bobby Valentine gave a good lesson in this throughout the year 2012.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The moderators have allowed this thread to be appropriate for discussion on a baseball forum all day long because a baseball player made the comment otherwise it would be relegated to another forum such as religion or prejudice. So it follows that if a baseball player said that he hates garlic on his food then that should also fodder for a thread that gets 200 posts. Looks like there are no moderators working at BDC or else they are only concerned about responses / advertising/ revenue. Shame on BDC.

[/QUOTE]

A BB player said something controversial.  This is a BB forum.  Why shouldn't it be discussed?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Personally, I'm not homophobic, but I don't believe gays should be able to adopt highways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I threw none my friend. Would you care to point out where? I merely suggested that Tori, look deep into his own self.

[/QUOTE]

Come on.  This is getting ridiculous.

You said:   "Yet Mr Hunter who has totally discraced his religion with 4 kids by 4 moms has the nerve to speak this way"

That is a boulder.  He has disgraced his religion? 

[/QUOTE]

Only rediculous because you cannot defend you charge. You need to move further to the right. Has he lived by his own Bible? Dont worry about gays they won't bother you and are no threat to you or society.

[/QUOTE]

You said that Hunter disgraced his religion. then in your next breath you said he who is without sin should cast no stones.

Are you without sin? - that is the only possible explaination for your obvious confusion

Do you not follow how inconsistent you are??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They are only a threat to people who care about these things.  My friends and I have conjectured about some of our friends that had issues with minorities.  We thought there were two basics at play.

1-Those that are successful don't treat minorities as a threat.  It is only the unsuccessful that have the animosity.  That's because they recognize that they are at the bottom of the food chain.  And they'd like the homeless minority more than the middleclass minority because the disparity is more stark.

2-This one relates more to gays.  Those with more time on their hands have more issues of these types.  When your life is full, it's an effort to sit in moral judgement of others.

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that in this post you are making a moral judgement, right?

My goodness do any of you liberals ever take a logic class or spend anytime thinking before you write/speak?

It's embarrassing to watch you all make moral pronouncements AGAINST moral pronouncements.

[/QUOTE]

1-No, I am not making a moral judgement.  I am relating a discussion of why people think as they do.  There is a genesis behind all human activities, even among the most crazy of us.  It is vitally important to understand the various rationales behind human behavior.

2-Why do you assume I am a liberal?  Simnply because I do not cater to a monolithic orthodoxy with a singulistic mindset?  Is it not possible to consider oneself as ROC or LOC because you believe 60% one way and 40% the other way?

[/QUOTE]

Because you argue like a liberal.  You make moral judgements and then criticize others for making moral judgements. 

It would be funny if that kind of horrible logic wasn;t destroying the nation.  It was okay when you were all confined to massachusetts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nonsense.  No "liberal" or "leftist" would ever discuss this issue spontaneously....because such people think it's a non-issue.  It's just the creepy, genitally-obsessed weirdos that raise it over and over again.

[/QUOTE]

Really?  Then why did a bunch of liberals come running into this thread denouncing Hunter's "parental proclivities" with full throated howls of indignation?

And think before you say "hypocrisy", Mr. Kettle.

[/QUOTE]

You really are a pathetic saddo.....not even worthy of pity, to be honest.

The OP's post, IMO, was topical and interesting....and obviously would encourage responses.  Liberal this, conservative that.....who cares?

Your father, your mother, you, your offspring(?), your mates(???), etc.  Do you really care who finds others attractive?  If so, why?  Can't you just let others think and do what they want?  Of all the ills of our world, who loves whom, and why, is the bottom of my list, minus one....

....but if you are happy to be a sexless, unloved loser demonisng people unlike yourself then you're welcome to bask in your cauldron of evil.

[/QUOTE]

I'm just here to keep people who hate christians - people like you, in check.

it's really not my fault that you are a standard masachusetts citizen - incapable of elementary logic.  Blame that on your masters.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

Someone might want to start another thread titled:

Would Jesus Christ be a Liberal or a Conservative politically?

[/QUOTE]

That would be a stupid thread since Jesus was not interested in politics and only someone who is a complete religious illiterate would start such a thread.

On second thought - you go ahead and start it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nonsense.  No "liberal" or "leftist" would ever discuss this issue spontaneously....because such people think it's a non-issue.  It's just the creepy, genitally-obsessed weirdos that raise it over and over again.

[/QUOTE]

Really?  Then why did a bunch of liberals come running into this thread denouncing Hunter's "parental proclivities" with full throated howls of indignation?

And think before you say "hypocrisy", Mr. Kettle.

[/QUOTE]

You really are a pathetic saddo.....not even worthy of pity, to be honest.

The OP's post, IMO, was topical and interesting....and obviously would encourage responses.  Liberal this, conservative that.....who cares?

Your father, your mother, you, your offspring(?), your mates(???), etc.  Do you really care who finds others attractive?  If so, why?  Can't you just let others think and do what they want?  Of all the ills of our world, who loves whom, and why, is the bottom of my list, minus one....

....but if you are happy to be a sexless, unloved loser demonisng people unlike yourself then you're welcome to bask in your cauldron of evil.

[/QUOTE]

I'm just here to keep people who hate christians - people like you, in check.

it's really not my fault that you are a standard masachusetts citizen - incapable of elementary logic.  Blame that on your masters.

[/QUOTE]

LOL I hope im there when they decide to let  you and your hatred try to check in! It should be funnier than Abbot and Costello's who's on first! Talk about hatred, you have the corner marketed. See ya when you try to check in, i am sure it will be fun! BTW you have to check your hatred and ignorance at the door. And now back to baseball..............

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

This thread nothing to do about baseball. The moderators have a duty / obligation to keep the forum talking about baseball.

[/QUOTE]

There's hardly any moderation here, surely you've realized this by now.  Why waste your time in such futile pursuits as complaining about moderators that don't exist.  There are other forums around with moderators.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

Why do you prefer NO MODERATION? Why does nearly everyone prefer NO MODERATION? Can you answer that simple question? Why are you here? Do you prefer NO moderator? Do you prefer anarchy? Do you want azz-holes to dominate? Do you want intelligent posters to leave in disgust? Do you prefer stupidity instead of intellect? Where did the intelligent posters go? Why did the idiots remain? Why do you remain here?

[/QUOTE]

I never said I preferred no moderation, never said that at any time.  This is not the only forum I post on, the other two I post on are closely moderated.  One good thing about the internet is that it allows you this kind of freedom.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.