Do you have a get well soon wish for JD Drew and his sprained middle finger?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Do you have a get well soon wish for JD Drew and his sprained middle finger?

Boston Herald:

Right fielder J.D. Drew [stats] reported no improvement in his sore right middle finger. Francona was unsure if Drew could contribute before or by the playoffs.

“I’m not trying to be disrespectful, but when a guy hasn’t played for that long, you kind of get used to what you’ve got,” Francona said. “I don’t know the answer to that. Sometimes weird things, guy comes in, has no at-bats, and he rakes. So, I don’t know.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Re: Do you have a get well soon wish for JD Drew and his sprained middle finger?

Basically this is JD Drew giving the big finger to the fans and the manager.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Do you have a get well soon wish for JD Drew and his sprained middle finger?

Which team and which fans?

The Phillies?

The Cardinals?

The Braves?

Dodgers maybe?

Or the Red Sox?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Do you have a get well soon wish for JD Drew and his sprained middle finger?:
    [QUOTE]Boston Herald: Right fielder J.D. Drew [ stats ] reported no improvement in his sore right middle finger. Francona was unsure if Drew could contribute before or by the playoffs. “I’m not trying to be disrespectful, but when a guy hasn’t played for that long, you kind of get used to what you’ve got,” Francona said. “I don’t know the answer to that. Sometimes weird things, guy comes in, has no at-bats, and he rakes. So, I don’t know.”
    Posted by Mr.Bump[/QUOTE]

Drew's situation this year has definitely been discouraging.  He probably won't play another game in a Red Sox uniform.  I had really hoped that he could play a few games before the season ends and maybe be of some help during the playoffs. I was still very optimistic about what Drew could contribute this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

WELL, IN SOMEWAY, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE DREW TO COME BACK.  MCDONALD HAVE BEEN HITTING HORRIBLE.  ENUFF OF HIM PLAYING AS A BACK UP OF.  SO THEREFORE DREW NEED TO COME BACK SOON!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Even the biggest Drew supporters must have seen this coming?

No way is he was ever going to be playing for another contract. 

He just wants to go home.

What a shame.

But people will only remember how Manny checked out early and not recongize that David Jonathan Drew is no better than Manny in this regard.

I hope Drew uses some of that Seventy Million to by himself some self-respect.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Do you have a get well soon wish for JD Drew and his sprained middle finger?:
    [QUOTE]Even the biggest Drew supporters must have seen this coming? No way is he was ever going to be playing for another contract.  He just wants to go home. What a shame. But people will only remember how Manny checked out early and not recongize that David Jonathan Drew is no better than Manny in this regard. I hope Drew uses some of that Seventy Million to by himself some self-respect.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Mitch, if you sprained your middle finger, how would you ever express your true feelings for J.D.?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theeYAZZER. Show theeYAZZER's posts

well, i'd like to send him my middle finger to NANCY, figuratively of course.
    also would like to send it to THEO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Biggest waste of a baseball talent I've seen in years.

But hey, let's this be a lesson to the kids out there - if you got talent sometimes you can still half-butt it and make a bundle.  What a country!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

seriously how poetic is this end to the JD Drew era....sidelined by a middle finger and unable/unwilling to play during the tightest pennant race in years....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Having quite the (end of) career year.  Fitting its the "middle finger",which some of us might display to him.

Nancy.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

tape a popsicle stick to it and play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davenavl. Show davenavl's posts

I have a middle finger for JD's sprained get well soon...

He was better and more productive than ever given credit for by many, but this latest refusal to play through is just too much to take-Best wishes in your retirement JD-too bad you started it a full year early

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Do you have a get well soon wish for JD Drew and his sprained middle finger?:
    [QUOTE]Even the biggest Drew supporters must have seen this coming? No way is he was ever going to be playing for another contract.  He just wants to go home. What a shame. But people will only remember how Manny checked out early and not recongize that David Jonathan Drew is no better than Manny in this regard. I hope Drew uses some of that Seventy Million to by himself some self-respect.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Except when Manny "checked out" he was producing. He was batting .300 and he homered v Angels 2 days before he was traded. You can make all the cases about how Manny "quit" on the Sox and it's documented that even Manny did say he was sorry for not giving his all, and yet he still hit the ball, still produced runs, and had good stats in his "quit" season before trade. Drew is no Manny, Drew is flat out quitting on the franchise. Francona said it as much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

"But hey, let's this be a lesson to the kids out there - if you got talent sometimes you can still half-butt it and make a bundle. What a country!"

No, the proper lesson to kids out there from the debacle that is the Red Sox career of one JD Drew is that if you have lots of talent, it's still the effort that counts. Unless you have absolutely no self-respect, you cannot possibly want to leave the game with everyone thinking you basically wasted your talent and opportunity. Who doesn't want to be thought of as a Dustin Pedroia when he is done, a guy who gave everything, every day, and essentially became more "talented" in the process. Drew's career with the Sox is a shame, a wasted opportunity that most kids would give their right arm for (OK, I know, that would make it hard to take advantage of the opportunity!), and I hope some kid benefits from watching it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

No I don't. He won't play another game for the Red Sox.