Do you have a message for Carl?continues to be critical of his time in Boston-"I want to win all three games. Bad"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Do you have a message for Carl?continues to be critical of his time in Boston-

do you think if/when CC and theo cross paths they simply look at each other and giggle?

i do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Do you have a message for Carl?continues to be critical of his time in Boston-

Lackey should drill him in the first inning.  That should be our new policy . Drill him.

Stabbed by Foulke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Hey, good for you, Carl.  That's three more wins than you wanted when you played in Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to soups' comment:

Hey, good for you, Carl.  That's three more wins than you wanted when you played in Boston.

Ouch!! LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

CC should be grateful the Sox FO gave him that insane contract.  AGon's contract is also too high, but not insane.  The Sox should still be grateful the Dodgers needed to make a splash and took all three off our hands.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to seannybboi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Can he even stay healthy until the start of the game tonight?

If you ever looked at player stats, you would know that Crawford has played 88 games this year and has exceeded 109 games played in every season except 2012 and his rookie season.

Unlike Jacoby Ellsbury.

It's comments like that one that fuel Crawford desire to beat the tar out of Boston.

He was never given a chance here, he was criticized from day one, got hurt early and like Lackey he was dailey fodder for the media. Lackey got a second chance, Crawford got traded.

If Crawford was here right now and hitting well, everyone would love him. He is lucky to have been given a chance to go to L.A. where people are less fickle, more laid back and a lot less critical.

[/QUOTE]

Please zilla for quite awhile in Boston he got treated w/ kid gloves. Bottom line while he played for the Sox he was very average. He got dealt he should move on. But truth be told he should speak glowingly of the Red Sox because they made him a very wealthy man. 11 steals so far w/ 5 HRs in 88 gms yeah he should thank John Henry every day.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't get the notion that he was fodder for the media, especially the first year. Everyone was tripping all over themselves writing about how much he cared and how hard he ws working, making excuses for him how Francona was moving him in the lineup, ignoring the fact that he was being moved because he wasn't hitting.

Crawford was treated with kid gloves. Fans might have gotten on him when he wasn't producing, but they were also rooting hard for him to succeed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham - Boston Globe, Red Sox Beat Writer

Funny to read ex-Red Sox Dodgers complain about the bad environment in Boston. Seems like the environment is pretty good now. Coincidence?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Boston was a bad fit for Crawford from the start.He's overly sensitive to criticism and we all know how tolerant and understanding the Sox fanbase is.John Henry didn't help matters by saying that he didn't want him here either.Combine that with Larry "The Leak" Lucchino's brilliant idea of bringing in Bobby Valentine as manager,and it's a receipe for disaster.

He's happy in LA and I believe a majority of Red Sox fans are happy he's there too.Personally,I'd rather have Jacoby over Crawford any day of the week anyway.Ellsbury has proven he can play under the pressure of being in Boston and is the prototype of a lead off hitter.He's also younger,has better numbers and a thicker skin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

If you ever looked at player stats, you would know that Crawford has played 88 games this year and has exceeded 109 games played in every season except 2012 and his rookie season.

Unlike Jacoby Ellsbury.

It's comments like that one that fuel Crawford desire to beat the tar out of Boston.

He was never given a chance here, he was criticized from day one, got hurt early and like Lackey he was dailey fodder for the media. Lackey got a second chance, Crawford got traded.

If Crawford was here right now and hitting well, everyone would love him. He is lucky to have been given a chance to go to L.A. where people are less fickle, more laid back and a lot less critical.

In case you haven't noticed, nearly every Sox play gets criticized relentlessly. Most don't blame the fans and media for their shortcomings, but I'm happy asd a pig in S*^T than CC is out of here.

Yes, I was one who started on day one, but I doubt he read my posts. The guy had platoon splits written all over him. He stinks against lefties. Period. Paying someone over $20M a year to be a "glorified platoon player" (what I called him day one) was insane.

All he had to do to shut me up was stay healthy and hit even at 80% of what he had done with TB in his previous few seasons. I'm sorry if my complaining caused him to get hurt and pout, but at $20M+ I had/have little sympathy for his situation.

If someone offered you 20 million dollars would you take it?

Or would you be an idiot and say "I'm not worth that much."

Me, I would take it.

It is kind of hard to be critical of a player for accepting more than he is worth. As a Tampa Bay player this guy was hell on wheels against us and against the Yankees. When he became a free agent and it was well known Tampa was out of the running it became an arms race between NY Yankees and Red Sox, as it was for Dasuike , Contreras and a few others. Theo paid too much for Crawford to keep him away from the Yankees and becuase he killed us while in Tampa. As astute fans , we should have all known that Crawford's best years were behind him. He could never repeat his early success. Mark the name JACOBY ELLSBURY down and here is a guy who has spent even more time in less years on the DL than Crawford....Jacoby will get a huge payday , he will be overpaid, he will be lucky if it is a West Coast team that gets him. Because he will be in virtual anonimity in a place like L.A. or S.F. ...and his numbers will drop, because like Crawford his payday will be based on a couple of good seasons that are in the past, not on what he will do going forward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Carl Crawford to the LA Times on playing the Red Sox: "I want to win all three games. Bad." http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-0823-dodgers-red-sox-trade-20130823,0,6049628.story#axzz2ckYIqaS0 

That is a great start for CC to get on Boston.   Boston mouthed off about A-Rod, and Yankees won two out of three against Boston.  So it is more likely Boston will win two out of three against LAD or maybe a sweep against LAD.

MLB players never backed up their talks in nowsdays!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Dempster should plunk him ... oh, nevermind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In case you haven't noticed, nearly every Sox play gets criticized relentlessly. Most don't blame the fans and media for their shortcomings, but I'm happy asd a pig in S*^T than CC is out of here.

Yes, I was one who started on day one, but I doubt he read my posts. The guy had platoon splits written all over him. He stinks against lefties. Period. Paying someone over $20M a year to be a "glorified platoon player" (what I called him day one) was insane.

All he had to do to shut me up was stay healthy and hit even at 80% of what he had done with TB in his previous few seasons. I'm sorry if my complaining caused him to get hurt and pout, but at $20M+ I had/have little sympathy for his situation.

If someone offered you 20 million dollars would you take it?

Or would you be an idiot and say "I'm not worth that much."

Me, I would take it.

I never ever came close to blaming CC for taking the money. I blamed Theo for offering it.

Of course, I'd take $20+M. In fact, I'd play for $50K.

It is kind of hard to be critical of a player for accepting more than he is worth. As a Tampa Bay player this guy was hell on wheels against us and against the Yankees. When he became a free agent and it was well known Tampa was out of the running it became an arms race between NY Yankees and Red Sox, as it was for Dasuike , Contreras and a few others. Theo paid too much for Crawford to keep him away from the Yankees and becuase he killed us while in Tampa. As astute fans , we should have all known that Crawford's best years were behind him. He could never repeat his early success. Mark the name JACOBY ELLSBURY down and here is a guy who has spent even more time in less years on the DL than Crawford....Jacoby will get a huge payday , he will be overpaid, he will be lucky if it is a West Coast team that gets him. Because he will be in virtual anonimity in a place like L.A. or S.F. ...and his numbers will drop, because like Crawford his payday will be based on a couple of good seasons that are in the past, not on what he will do going forward.

There are plenty of players who have some of their best years between 30 and 34. That was never my concern about CC, nor were injuries. My concern was that he stunk vs LHPs, and no platoon player deserves $20M x 7. At the time, I said the contract "would cripple us for years". I am happy we shed the deal, but sad we had to lose AGon to do it.

Sox4ever

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

Unlike Jacoby Ellsbury.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  You said it was Peavy's fault for losing 3 games, even though he pitched extremely well in 2 of them.  So let's not act as if the criticism is someone else's fault.

Past that, he has done absolutely nothing over 3 years to justify his contract.  He needs to just shut up and be greatful he gets paid so much for so little.  If Puig, Hanley and Greinke didn't return like they did, he'd be getting booed out of LA also.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The only Carl I cared about was Yastrzemski...Crawford, Everett...forget about it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Lackey should drill him in the first inning.  That should be our new policy . Drill him.

Stabbed by Foulke.

LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

The only Carl I cared about was Yastrzemski...Crawford, Everett...forget about it.

Captain carl was great!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

It's not a new policy for this team. And, there's also the retaliation thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i hate it when a team makes you sign a contract for 20 mil a year and then you hardly play...they sux!

As always - 100% correct!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Unlike Jacoby Ellsbury.

LOL!  You said it was Peavy's fault for losing 3 games, even though he pitched extremely well in 2 of them.  So let's not act as if the criticism is someone else's fault.

No, I never said that.

I hate Peavy. I said that.

Was it all his fault that we lost 3 of his 4 starts?....no, I didn't say that.

He's over-rated and over the hill.

He needs to be on a team that can score at least 5 runs in his starts or he is toast. He actually pitched well for his 5-6 inning stints. But this team needs a horse , a guy who can get then to the top of the 8th more often than not.

That's not Peavy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

He is a whiney D Bag.  Loved him on Tampa, but he sucked everyday sicne he signed for 40 mil.  Punto , the throw in has 2 less RBIS on the season.  Whiney washed uo loser

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Carl needs to shut his yap. Overall the fans and media were very kind to him here for Boston. He knew Boston was a pressure cooker environment when he signed the contract. He was welcomed with open arms and HE STUNK.

It would be refreshing instead of him belly aching to offer to refund some of the money to fans that he was paid for contributing nothing. 

I like Carl but I'm fed up with his constant whining about his Boston experience. Grow the f up!

Now if Beckett wants to beef a little i'm ok with that. Look at how he is treated in this forum even having brought a ring to Boston. With Beckett it was personal, it got personal, and whether he deserved it or not, it was ugly and I can understand why Beckett would be upset. 

Crawford on the other hand needs to grow a pair. I suspect he is saying these things because he is aware on some level he is severely underperforming his own contract and is embarrassed by that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

Hey carl

it was enjoyable watching you lose today...I would call it a good experience. Hope it happens again tomorrow.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In response to soups's comment:

to the point, post of the day, though others explained it better...@#! cc...what a worthless chump whining considering what little he delivered for all he was paid...wow, hard to comprehend actually...shut up...perhaps he needs to get a job like the rest of us johnny at burger king guys....