1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Do you Pay the 4 year Market Rate for Stephen Drew (Source on 4 year market rate is Southfaux)

This one i am indifferent on.. It wouldnt shock me if the sox didnt got the reported 4/48 thats being thrown around. But i wouldnt mind if the sox gave him that kind of contract the guy is a good player. 

Hey softy, why no more talk of drew's "Busted wheel"???  Just trying to talk him out of town so you can forget how wrong you where about him?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Do you Pay the 4 year Market Rate for Stephen Drew (Source on 4 year market rate is Southfaux)

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have all of the agents and GMs disclosed what the market rate is? I was under the assumption that this was determined behind closed doors. Do you have a link?

[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha

4/32 for Drew - sure, as long as it doesn't keep us from adding Napoli and the C and OF we need to not downgrade too much there.

more than 9 million a year? No

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

no

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Drew is gone because like all Drews, no matter what he has been saying, it is always about the money.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This one i am indifferent on.. It wouldnt shock me if the sox didnt got the reported 4/48 thats being thrown around. But i wouldnt mind if the sox gave him that kind of contract the guy is a good player. 

Hey softy, why no more talk of drew's "Busted wheel"???  Just trying to talk him out of town so you can forget how wrong you where about him?

[/QUOTE]

Another bad idea from the same poster. 4 years of Drew and 3 of Napoli? Two guys who a year ago couldn't secure more than a years contract and you want to give them 3+ years each? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Another bad idea from the same poster. 4 years of Drew and 3 of Napoli? Two guys who a year ago couldn't secure more than a years contract and you want to give them 3+ years each? 

[/QUOTE]

Once upon a time beltre couldnt secure a more then a years contract after an injured year (just like drew and naps). He managed to find a four year with Texas that's working out pretty well. An injury plagued year is not a good indication of a players ability, a healthy one is, both players showed thay they were significantly better then when they were injured, you can't and shouldn't discount that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have all of the agents and GMs disclosed what the market rate is? I was under the assumption that this was determined behind closed doors. Do you have a link?

[/QUOTE]

You must be new ...

(See, he makes up a "market rate" and clings to its veracity with religious fervor.  He does this all the time.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Once upon a time beltre couldnt secure a more then a years contract after an injured year (just like drew and naps). He managed to find a four year with Texas that's working out pretty well. An injury plagued year is not a good indication of a players ability, a healthy one is, both players showed thay they were significantly better then when they were injured, you can't and shouldn't discount that.

[/QUOTE]

You mean Adrian "Surefire Bet to Finish in the Top 5 in 2013 AL MVP Voting" Beltre?

It's a cumbersome nickname, but its nice to see he is living up to it ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drew is gone because like all Drews, no matter what he has been saying, it is always about the money.

[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!

Why is it so impossible for you to enjoy the Red Sox?  I haven't even ordered by World Series sweatshirts, and you are already complaining about us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to redsoxandguitars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just yes or no, do you pay the market rate for the great Stephen Drew?

I'll start:

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  You're pathetic.  A year ago, you were saying he wasn't worth a one-year contract.  Now you're saying the market for Drew is four years????

You're like a dog that's been beat too much, now you spend all your life just covering up.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!

Why is it so impossible for you to enjoy the Red Sox?  I haven't even ordered by World Series sweatshirts, and you are already complaining about us.

[/QUOTE]

He is another one who is really more of a fan of himself, and hates to see the Sox make moves that did not achieve his prior approval...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL!  You're pathetic.  A year ago, you were saying he wasn't worth a one-year contract.  Now you're saying the market for Drew is four years????

I didn't say that, Joe. Calm down and read the thread. Southfaux was the source for the absurd "4 year contract market" for Drew. He wasn't worth the one year contract, see Iglesias, and he most certainly isn't going to be worth the QO the Red Sox had better be sure he'll decline. 

Joe, Joe, Joe, let's have those detials on whether you think Drew was worth the 9.5M contract, and why. And let's have the detials on what you are going to budget, if anything, to retain the services of Drew. 

[/QUOTE]

Hahahahhahaha

Fangraphs put Drew's value at 16+ million this year

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4251&position=SS

Softy was a fan of Lugo and his 4 years 36 million contract to both hit AND field worse than Drew. His line was always 'the wire to wire SS on the World Series winner'

but now Drew gets smeared, demeaned, and insulted for making the same cash (that stats CLEARLY show he earned) at the same years as Lugo, after winning a World Series playing better defense than Lugo (and even Iglesias, haha) and hitting a HR in the clincher.

Oh Softy...so ignorant.

I don't give Drew more than 4/36... but he has earned a big contract... dolt!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

notin while I was all for sending Youk back to third and letting Beltre walk there is no way you compare Drew to Beltre. He is a 2 year deal, maybe with a team option for a 3rd year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hahahahhahaha

Fangraphs put Drew's value at 16+ million this year

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4251&position=SS

Softy was a fan of Lugo and his 4 years 36 million contract to both hit AND field worse than Drew. His line was always 'the wire to wire SS on the World Series winner'

but now Drew gets smeared, demeaned, and insulted for making the same cash (that stats CLEARLY show he earned) at the same years as Lugo, after winning a World Series playing better defense than Lugo (and even Iglesias, haha) and hitting a HR in the clincher.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Softy bashing Drew and his 9.5 million while continuing to praise Lugo and his 36 million is just one more bizarre example of his quixotic mission to overturn the facts and realities that are aligned against him. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

The market rate is the latest and highest bid. Any GM who makes an big contract offer without proof of a putative highest bidder to date offer is incompetent. 

[/QUOTE]

That's not an answer.  Man up and tell me what you would pay, if anything, and what you think he will go for.  Stop hiding.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

I didn't say that, Joe. Calm down and read the thread. Southfaux was the source for the absurd "4 year contract market" for Drew. He wasn't worth the one year contract, see Iglesias, and he most certainly isn't going to be worth the QO the Red Sox had better be sure he'll decline. 

Joe, Joe, Joe, let's have those detials on whether you think Drew was worth the 9.5M contract, and why. And let's have the detials on what you are going to budget, if anything, to retain the services of Drew. 

[/QUOTE]

I feel like I just went from parochiol school in the Bronx, to a public school.  Why do inisist on making the questions so easy?

On Drew-

1-On the most basic order of measure, WAR, he had a 3.4.  At $5M/WAR, that's $17M worth of production.  I don't believe 100% in WAR, but even if you argue at the margins, $17M is way more than $9.5M.

2-By having Drew on the team, it allowed us to replace WMB with Iggy.

3-We won a WSC.

4-Other GMs like the guy so much that we get draft pick.  Any time other GMs are willing to shell out $33-36M/3, for a guy you had previously signed for $9.5M, you have a bargain.  I'm sure you'll deny it, but I know you know I am right.  And that's all that counts.

For 2014, I wouldn't re-sign him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Exactly.  Softy bashing Drew and his 9.5 million while continuing to praise Lugo and his 36 million is just one more bizarre example of his quixotic mission to overturn the facts and realities that are aligned against him.

For Softy, the FOM, and a couple of others, stats don't matter.  In their own minds, if they don't like a guy, it doesn't matter if he hits 50 HRs.  It will be as if the 50 HRs don't exist.  It is a remarkable thing to watch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

First of all, Drew is right now one of the hottest free agent player other than Ellsbury.   I do not see that Boston will have a chance to out bid anyone on Drew.  Just hope he goes to the NL instead of AL like the Yankees.   But if Drew's dollars amount per year isnt going to be higher than 11 mm, I think Boston should offer him 3 years for 33 mm cuz Drew stated that he would love to return to Boston!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

S. Drew was worth every penny of the 9.5MM Henry paid him this past season.

his glovework and offense will earn him a 3-4 year deal at good $$$.  if the Sox are the winning bidder I have no problem with it.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.