Do you pay the market rate for Ellsbury?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Do you pay the market rate for Ellsbury?

In response to redsoxandguitars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just yes or no.

I'll start:

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  That settles what the right move is for the Red Sox!!!!

if you say no, the FO should obviously say YES!  With a BIG sample 2013 sample size to prove your bad calls on all things Red Sox, we all know what the Sox should do.

Hell YES!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

yes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I think that's gonna be a bit too rich for the sox's taste. If that price is a bit lower to about 110-120 mill with say 5 years guarenteed and 2 option years i think that's more of a reality.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to redsoxandguitars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just yes or no.

I'll start:

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

not even 2 days and over 50 posts......I think somebody needs a boyfriend.....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that's gonna be a bit too rich for the sox's taste. If that price is a bit lower to about 110-120 mill with say 5 years guarenteed and 2 option years i think that's more of a reality.

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why Tim Dierkes gets away with using himself as source.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

My market guess is 5 yrs for $80 mil.  How about you?

I suspect Jacoby Ellsbury will land a contract closer to Tim Dierkes' projection of seven years and $150 million, which barely exceeds the contract the Red Sox handed Carl Crawford three years ago.

With the heavy influx of new television revenues, we should brace ourselves for some pricey contracts for the top free agents.

Crawford, who signed with the Red Sox when he was a year younger than Ellsbury's current age, had been valued at 35.8 WAR* in 1,235 games while Ellsbury has been valued at 23.7 WAR in 715 games.

* Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I suspect Jacoby Ellsbury will land a contract closer to Tim Dierkes' projection of seven years and $150 million, which barely exceeds the contract the Red Sox handed Carl Crawford three years ago.

With the heavy influx of new television revenues, we should brace ourselves for some pricey contracts for the top free agents.

Crawford, who signed with the Red Sox when he was a year younger than Ellsbury's current age, had been valued at 35.8 WAR* in 1,235 games while Ellsbury has been valued at 23.7 WAR in 715 games.

[/QUOTE]

If the actual "market value" approaches anywhere near 7 yr $150M we walk.  Of course we should walk.  If we're talking 6 yrs @ about $18.5, I'm all in.  That's value.  anything higher is insanity!  Mortgaging the future.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, hill.

Just because a guy only posts one line does not mean there is nothing to read between...

13. This post has been removed.