Do you try and extend Ellsbury?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Do you try and extend Ellsbury?

In Response to Re: Do you try and extend Ellsbury?:
    [QUOTE]He's not that good and the sox can do better. Front office still isn't pleased with the way he handled last year and they do not really want to deal with that slimy boras. I don't blame them for that either. In Response to Do you try and extend Ellsbury? :
    Posted by REDSOX-11[/QUOTE]
    The Red Sox have never had a problem with Boras. Half there team is a Boras client.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]BoJo and Harness are buying long term on Ellsbury, for the record. Burrito is hedging with warrants and puts. BaseballGM is selling in the next 2011 summer to winter amplitude in relation to the moving average.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]
    I am not going long persay. I think you keep this core together because you have a good fairly young team. Holding on to Ellsbury for four more years is not really a long term deal. The only issue is that he would be 31 instead of 29 when the deal is up, which means a tons of money left on the table.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I think Boras and Ellsbury are confident in their future. They would extend if the deal is outstanding but in their mind that would be a $50 mil plus deal. Ellsbury is going to keep getting better. And Softy / BaseballGM will still find a way to post thread after thread dumping on him somehow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

So, Rang, I'm going to put you down for offering Ellsbury over 50 million buying long and high.

PS: Hate to burst your bubble, but I'm not Softlaw

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

...and I'm not posting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

harness, you seem to have a lot of free time. One can only wonder who is paying for it.  One would think you would be smart enough not to make the mistake of misquoting DiceK. He said that Varitek told him to just throw to his mit, and that he knew "he was trying to help him". The real reason for his improvement was DiceK's own reason, which was to change his approach and forget about his prior bad outings and what people were saying about him.

He was booed before the game, which is the spirit of Harness;) 

BTW, Harness, when is Wakefield going to be DFA or DL'd? Aren't you a big fan of Wakefield on the active roster? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"PS: Hate to burst your bubble, but I'm not Softlaw"

The only possible way you could convince me of that is for Softlaw to come back and for the two of you to have vicious, time consuming arguments on a daily basis. As long as you are here and Softlaw is not and you take the exact same positions he does, writing in a totally identical style, albeit with a few slight tweaks in your mannerisms, you are Softie as far as I'm concerned. Softlaw in his last incarnation boasted glowlingly about his GM-like ability to manage a baseball team. Sound familiar? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]harness, you seem to have a lot of free time. One can only wonder who is paying for it.  One would think you would be smart enough not to make the mistake of misquoting DiceK. He said that Varitek told him to just throw to his mit, and that he knew "he was trying to help him". The real reason for his improvement was DiceK's own reason, which was to change his approach and forget about his prior bad outings and what people were saying about him. He was booed before the game, which is the spirit of Harness;)  BTW, Harness, when is Wakefield going to be DFA or DL'd? Aren't you a big fan of Wakefield on the active roster? 

Paying for it? I wasn't born with a silver spoon. Were you?
    I've earned my own way - from scratch.
    Yeah, I now have time  to spend time doing what I please. I put myself in this position years ago.

I don't "boo" players. Not my style. You berate 1/3 the team. R U proud of this?

You damn well know my take on Wake. 15 games doesn't alter it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I can tell from your crude and rude writing that you weren't born from a class of family that understand the importance of social graces. I'm also sure that you aren't paying for it. Social programs aren't your scratching work efforts from the past, which I'm sure never happened.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Social programs? Your mask is slipping again. I just can't imagine why everyone thinks you post as both BASEBALLGM and SOFTLAW.

"Social graces" is a nice way to say you were born out of family money. That's cool. So was Humphrey Bogart. He did alright...in his crude way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd trade any player on this team for better value. Is there anyone here who wouldn't? We may argue over what is "better value", but to make two choices based on just trade him for trading sake shows the softy bias.

These choices given show the shallowness of the originator.

Why would anyone want to trade him for the best offer, even if that offer was not even equal value?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Haven't read all the replies to this post, but since when does Boras advise a client to re-sign early?  I never thought Boras and Els were a match, and JE seemed to say in an article a week or so back that he wanted to be extended, which seems to be counter to Boras' MO of getting his clients to FA and letting the market set the price.

If the Sox can get Ellsbury for a reasonable contract, why not?  Are they afraid that once he gets his guaranteed money were looking at 40+ games on the DL every year?  I'd admit that that fear does cross my mind as a fan.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]So, Rang, I'm going to put you down for offering Ellsbury over 50 million buying long and high. PS: Hate to burst your bubble, but I'm not Softlaw

hahahahahhahaha

Keep trying to push that lie coward

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

No, social graces have nothing to do with how much money you were born with. Since you don't have social graces, your lack of them and your giant chip bleeds through.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

A snyde obnoxious little Softy post if I ever saw one. A pointlessly wordy little jab about someone's place in society.

BaseballGM aka Softlaw is a coward and classless.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Why would anyone want to trade him for the best offer, even if that offer was not even equal value?

You show your ignorance. "Value" isn't static. If you have studied a list of trades in the history of baseball you would know that what appears to be "no even equal value" can frequently be "a steal" for someone who knows what they are doing. That's the point of the thread.

If I'm Softy, you are Earl Weaver.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Not suprising that 42% say he's a budding star and to keep him through 2013 and beyond FA. That has more to do with popularity than reality. Which is why all Red Sox fans called him a great defensive CF'er when he came up in 2007.  Most admit, after the fact, that this was false, even if they still cling to the notion that he's still one of the better defensive CF'ers.

"Everyone one else is saying so or doing it" hasn't worked very well as a moral compass.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

[QUOTE]No, social graces have nothing to do with how much money you were born with. Since you don't have social graces, your lack of them and your giant chip bleeds through.

Rich, the guy who starts pointless fights with other posters just to amuse himself accuses someone else of not being socially graceful! Oh the irony.

Look man, I hardly ever post here, I just come to read the perspectives because a lot of the posters have interesting takes on the team and are really thorough in there research. That said, EVEN I REALIZE that you are the same guy that posted under the variations of softlaw. You made this board a drag before, and you are doing it again with your new moniker. I wish you would stop because those of us who just like to read waste a lot of time on your trash. I don't want to get into a long thing with you, and I have 0 interest in having a back-and-forth. But really man, why don't you just stop?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Unlike Lester, Pedroia, Youkilis, or Buchholz,  the team will not be able to sign Ellsbury on the cheap.    His agent is Scott Boras.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

You made this board a drag before, and you are doing it again with your new moniker. I wish you would stop because those of us who just like to read waste a lot of time on your trash.

Calling me "softy" appears to be a mob rule approach to someone who doesn't comport with what the mob sees fit.

That said, "softy" or any poster can be ignored by simply depressing the "ignore" key. You know that, but simply want to grandstand about how bad another poster is because you don't like what the poster writes. Think about how pitiful you are by protesting about reading something you don't have to read.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Why would anyone want to trade him for the best offer, even if that offer was not even equal value? You show your ignorance. "Value" isn't static. If you have studied a list of trades in the history of baseball you would know that what appears to be "no even equal value" can frequently be "a steal" for someone who knows what they are doing. That's the point of the thread. If I'm Softy, you are Earl Weaver.

Now, that's what I call "social grace".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

bump

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

bump

[/QUOTE]

The 20 month bump...I like it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yes... good read. Pay attention to BaseballGM vs. harness.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

Nice