Dodgers want another Starting Pitcher So....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Dodgers want another Starting Pitcher So....

On behalf of the Boston Red Sox (don't worry Ben and Larry I got this one) and Red Sox nation I am giving the Los Angels Dodgers John Lackey and Aaron Cook for nothing! All they have to do is pay their measly 15 - 18 million dollars owed to them! But as the Dodgers have shown that's chump change to them! So here ya go Dodgers! I hope you enjoy your presents! Oh yeah and I'm also throwing in a life time supply of Beer and Chicken of whatever kind they so desire.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Dodgers want another Starting Pitcher So....

In Response to Dodgers want another Starting Pitcher So....:
    [QUOTE]On behalf of the Boston Red Sox (don't worry Ben and Larry I got this one) and Red Sox nation I am giving the Los Angels Dodgers John Lackey and Aaron Cook for nothing! All they have to do is pay their measly 15 - 18 million dollars owed to them! But as the Dodgers have shown that's chump change to them! So here ya go Dodgers! I hope you enjoy your presents! Oh yeah and I'm also throwing in a life time supply of Beer and Chicken of whatever kind they so desire.
    Posted by JohnnyLefty[/QUOTE]

1. How is Lackey going to help the Dodgers this year?
    2. Cook isn't any better than what they have.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Who cares they get them for absolutely nothing :D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]On behalf of the Boston Red Sox (don't worry Ben and Larry I got this one) and Red Sox nation I am giving the Los Angels Dodgers John Lackey and Aaron Cook for nothing! All they have to do is pay their measly 15 - 18 million dollars owed to them! But as the Dodgers have shown that's chump change to them! So here ya go Dodgers! I hope you enjoy your presents! Oh yeah and I'm also throwing in a life time supply of Beer and Chicken of whatever kind they so desire.
    According to a report in the Boston Herald, the Dodgers already have rejected John Lackey once:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1061155865

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

(just so everyone is clear this thread was ment as a joke and I wasn't serious, I 100% understand the Dodgers would want nothing to do with Lackey.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

just what the dodgers want, another guy who can't play due to TJ surgery.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Now's a good time to sell on Dice-K  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In Response to Re: Dodgers want another Starting Pitcher So....:
    [QUOTE]Now's a good time to sell on Dice-K  :)
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

That actually makes a lot of sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

I bet they do.  Beckett lost his first game in Dodger uniform.  5.2 IP 7 hits 3 runs....(yawn).

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

after giving us 261 mil, you think theyre going to take lackeys contract?
    with lackeys personality and attitude, i thought we just offer some team that we'll pay you, just take him.
    i hope they get rid of him before next year eeven if we eat some.

i got ya. joke.
    im sorta serious

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE](just so everyone is clear this thread was ment as a joke and I wasn't serious, I 100% understand the Dodgers would want nothing to do with Lackey.)

I think that's obvious, although I think it's a great idea!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dodgers want another Starting Pitcher So.... : I think that's obvious, although I think it's a great idea!
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE]

Well I think some people are taking it serious! Hahaha

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

If the Dogers need another starter perhaps they would take Matsuzaka?

He looked good yesterday in maybe his best performance in three years, will be cheap for the rest of the season and might fit in well for them for next year.

Get another decent prospect before he either reverts back to the four inning, five run pitcher we know him to be or gets injured again.  Getting a decent prospect now is going to be better than getting nothing for him once the season ends.

Put him on waivers right this second and he can be in Dodger blue by Saturday when is likely to be ready (barring injury) to start again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In all honesty, after the Dodgers gave us two good prospects and ate ALL of the money from Beckett/Crawford and Gonzalez anything is possible.  I'm not arguing that the Dodgers will still take on more salary; likely the opposite.  But I have to believe now that there is another G.M. out there dumb enough to trade for Lackey (it only takes one guy).  With a lower AAV on his contract a G.M. may want to take that chance.....actually if 2013 Lackey looks anything like 2010 Lackey then we could probably get a good prospect for him at the trade deadline. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares they get them for absolutely nothing :D

you are wrong.  they are GETTING nothing for paying over $15M. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Doubrount cleared waivers...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

JohnnyLefty you joke but the Sox did try to get LA to take Lackey also - now THAT would have been the trade of the century. But after taking on a quarter billion of our bad contracts the Dodgers figrued they had done enough. :) 

In seriousness if an NL team wants Lackey his contract isn't that terrible anymore, he's already messed up some of the most expensive years. 

I could also see making whichever team we trade Ellsbury to have to take the Lackey pill if they want Jacoby. 

To me the key right now is to get one more great start out of Dice K and then trade him while his value is especialy high, Lackey can wait. If we could get something decent for Dice K before he falls apart again or reverts to his normal cardiac starts that would be the next good move. 

Then they have to tackle Lackey and Ellsbury.