Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?

HI !

For your information, this is not an old timer's day 

roster.... These are the 2012 New York Yankees.

Mariano Rivera (42)

Andy Pettitte (39)

Raul Ibanez (39)

Hiroki Kuroda (38)

Derek Jeter (38)

A-Rod (37)

Freddy Garcia (36)

Pedro Feliciano (35)

Eric Chavez (35)

Andreu Jones... Oh my God.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?

Does anyone know if Tim Wastefield is the oldest player in MLB history?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?:
    [QUOTE]  HI ! For your information, this is not an old timer's day  roster.... These are the 2012 New York Yankees. Mariano Rivera (42) Andy Pettitte (39) Raul Ibanez (39) Hiroki Kuroda (38) Derek Jeter (38) A-Rod (37) Freddy Garcia (36) Pedro Feliciano (35) Eric Chavez (35) Andreu Jones... Oh my God.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero[/QUOTE]

Who cares

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-envy. Show harness-envy's posts

We are waiting for the carbon dating studies to come back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

All that matters is performance - part of which is being able to stay on the field, which is more difficult as one ages.  In 2012:
    • I'd rather have Rivera than any of our relievers.
    • I'd rather have Pettitte than our 5th starter, possible our 4th, certainly our 6th.
    • I'd rather have Kuroda than our 5th starter, possible our 4th, certainly our 6th.
    • I'd rather have Jeter than any of our shortstops
    • I'd rather have ARod than Youk
    • I'd rather have Jones than DMac
    • I'd rather have Feliciano than the bottom half of our pen

I wouldn't want all their contracts, esp. ARod's, but get real, they can all still play well (maybe not Jones, but he'd still be an upgrade).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Just what we needed - another Beni impersonator.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

At least we have that youngster Ibanez to balance the roster

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?:
    [QUOTE]I'd rather have Jeter than any of our shortstops Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

Yikes!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gareman2. Show gareman2's posts

According to a brief search I found that: 

The Philadelphia Phillies are the oldest MLB team averaging at 31.2 years. The Cleveland Indians are youngest at 25.8 years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gareman2. Show gareman2's posts

I also realized that in my previous post, the info was as of 2/20/2012, which was before the Pettitte signing, I think, so that might adjust the numbers a bit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?:
    [QUOTE]At least we have that youngster Ibanez to balance the roster
    Posted by small-package[/QUOTE]

In the Clark Kent mold (but in reverse), it's an amazing coincidence how this poster (and a few others) reappear when Beni returns.

To the Beni group; although anything can happen in a given season, it is quite possible, especially given recent developments, that you shall be enjoying 4th place or even worse this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

In response to "Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : In the Clark Kent mold (but in reverse), it's an amazing coincidence how this poster (and a few others) reappear when Beni returns. To the Beni group; although anything can happen in a given season, it is quite possible, especially given recent developments, that you shall be enjoying 4th place or even worse this year. Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE] Same could be said for the yanks Steve . March is likely their best month this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know if Tim Wastefield is the oldest player in MLB history?
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

I think fellow knuckleballer, Hoyt Wilhelm, pitched until he was 100 years old.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : Yikes!
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

I'm going to miss the who has the best SS argument in 2012.

After so many years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : I'm going to miss the who has the best SS argument in 2012. After so many years.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

I'd still go with Aviles.  I'll bet you even money that the sox have a better WAR from SS than the yanks in 2012.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?:
    [QUOTE]  HI ! For your information, this is not an old timer's day  roster.... These are the 2012 New York Yankees. Mariano Rivera (42) Andy Pettitte (39) Raul Ibanez (39) Hiroki Kuroda (38) Derek Jeter (38) A-Rod (37) Freddy Garcia (36) Pedro Feliciano (35) Eric Chavez (35) Andreu Jones... Oh my God.
    Beni where in Italy are you from?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : Beni where in Italy are you from?
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

LOL Joe
    Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History?": Same could be said for the yanks Steve . March is likely their best month this year.
    Posted by small-package[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but apparently you haven't been paying attention. For starters, even some of the Globe writers and the voices on WEEI aren't optimistic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : I'd still go with Aviles.  I'll bet you even money that the sox have a better WAR from SS than the yanks in 2012.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

A typical response, but it could happen if Jeter doesn't get sufficient rest. Don't count on it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]When this forum gets boring to the regulars and there is no pizzing contest, does anyone ever go over to the YES forum? How about the Riveraveblues Forum? If you love to respond to criticism of the Yankees then you should go over to those and do battle. Some unfortunate souls here love to debate those who attack the Yankees but there are always many more who do that on the Yankee forums, it sounds like a good challenge. It puzzles why these people come here to debate Yankee criticisms instead of going to forums with much more of that type of criticism. Give it a look. What in the world would motivate them to come here instead of debating fellow Yankee fans in Yankee forums? Strange behavior indeed.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Gosh pike, you don't even attempt to camouflage yourself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

I am not the moniker called Pike. Do you have any response to my post other than that? Give it a sincere shot please. Read it again and respond to the message. Thank you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

My thread about the aging Yanks was deleted.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : In the Clark Kent mold (but in reverse), it's an amazing coincidence how this poster (and a few others) reappear when Beni returns. To the Beni group; although anything can happen in a given season, it is quite possible, especially given recent developments, that you shall be enjoying 4th place or even worse this year.

Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Hi Steve, you want to bet ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anybody Know if the Yanks have the oldest ever roster in MLB History? : Hi Steve, you want to bet ?

I don't bet, but this time I may be willing to make an exception.