Does anybody see Rafael Soriano signing with the Sox?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

Does anybody see Rafael Soriano signing with the Sox?

Would people be more comfortable if the Sox signed Soriano and either kept Bailey as a eighth inning guy or trade him for more help?I would love to see Soriano in Sox colors as that would mean he wasn't a Yankee.i want to hear suggestions.I am not a stats guy so no elaborate stats to support my thoughts just watching him pitch tells me he can handle Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Does anybody see Rafael Soriano signing with the Sox?

bailey will be alright...last season he was hurt..give him a chance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i am not saying Bailey won't be good.i am saying Soriano pitched in the Al east for a few years and did well.Bailey pitched in oakland.A little less pressure there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to bosoxhero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i am not saying Bailey won't be good.i am saying Soriano pitched in the Al east for a few years and did well.Bailey pitched in oakland.A little less pressure there.

[/QUOTE]

why spend money on bullpen? we are strong there...we don't need soriano.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The Sox really don't need bullpen help.  They hopefully have other prioritie d.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Yeah but look at what having a GREAT bullpen did for Baltimore last year. With a shaky starting rotation it could help.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I actually think Uehara is the back up plan if Bailey fails.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slaaonta71. Show slaaonta71's posts

heck  with that  sighn brian wilson let him set up or close he even would like to be here  forget about soriano

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

My reason for wanting Soriano goes back to last year and before. Soriano provides the rotation with the knowledge that if you keep this game under control 90 %+ of the time he's going to save the win for you.

The Sox pen , as we speak, has some great arms: Uehara, Miller, Morales, Tazawa, Melancon and Aceves all can bring it. Soriano nails the lid on the coffin. Sign him for two years @ $14. This will give the Sox two years to find a guy, long term, in house.

Granted Taz and Ue may have the stuff closers are made of, or perhaps Mel could do the job he was brought to Boston to do. Bailey is like Ells ,too fragile to be counted on for a full season. 

Soriano is worth the price plus, as bosoxhero states, he won't be in pinstripes.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BannedOnTheRun--1918's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ummmm... bailey is always hurt

[/QUOTE]

Two dashes before 1918 now. I forgot about all the dashes you eventually have to add to at least one of your screennames as you come here to antagonize Sox fans with the approval of your "friends" here. Still waiting for someone to let me know where the Yankee board is that this happens on.

Hey, why not just get reinstated like Zac instead of creating more screennames and more dashes. Seems to be cool here for Yankee trolls.

Btw, which one of you is bosoxhero?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to bosoxhero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would people be more comfortable if the Sox signed Soriano and either kept Bailey as a eighth inning guy or trade him for more help?I would love to see Soriano in Sox colors as that would mean he wasn't a Yankee.i want to hear suggestions.I am not a stats guy so no elaborate stats to support my thoughts just watching him pitch tells me he can handle Boston.

[/QUOTE]

If the Sox want Soriano I think they could land him.

He wants to close games and should be looking for a multi year deal.

That puts the Yanks in a difficult situation knowing they have Cano coming up for a new contract soon.

Who knows. Maybe someone with money will buy the Yankees and the luxury tax won't be an issue.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think we need more Yankee related threads here. That way the Yankee fans who saturate this board in the off-season can have more places to hang out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we need more Yankee related threads here. That way the Yankee fans who saturate this board in the off-season can have more places to hang out.

[/QUOTE]

The way things are shaping up the Blue Jay fans will replace them on this board.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree. This season will be a tolerance test for me when watching the Sox play and hopefully see some prospects get in the starting roster.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The way things are shaping up the Blue Jay fans will replace them on this board.

[/QUOTE]

I am a Canadian Red Sox fan living in Southern Ontario. Every year I go to the Jays home opener. I watch both the Sox and Jays games on TV. The Jays went from a triple A team to MLB team over night. the owner and mngt. had to do something to fill the stadium and get the TV ratings back up. It does not matter what city we live in or who we cheer for, owning a pro sports team is about making money and keeping the fans interested.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am a Canadian Red Sox fan living in Southern Ontario. Every year I go to the Jays home opener. I watch both the Sox and Jays games on TV. The Jays went from a triple A team to MLB team over night. the owner and mngt. had to do something to fill the stadium and get the TV ratings back up. It does not matter what city we live in or who we cheer for, owning a pro sports team is about making money and keeping the fans interested.

[/QUOTE]

Jay's fans should be very interested going forward.  On paper they look to be the favorite in the ALE.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I'm surprised that the Red Sox, with a protected first-round draft pick, have not signed a free agent who declined a qualifying offer. The remaining free agents who would cost a draft pick are Rafael Soriano, Nick Swisher, Michael Bourn, Adam LaRoche and Kyle Lohse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Any help to eliminate the 30+ games lost by the BP last year will be welcome

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I have a feeling that the Dodgers will sign Soriano.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm surprised that the Red Sox, with a protected first-round draft pick, have not signed a free agent who declined a qualifying offer. The remaining free agents who would cost a draft pick are Rafael Soriano, Nick Swisher, Michael Bourn, Adam LaRoche and Kyle Lohse.

[/QUOTE]

Of those you listed Soriano would be my choice to sign followed by Bourn if Ell's gets dealt.