Does anyone think........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Does anyone think........

The club as constructed now is good for 80+ wins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If everything doesn't go wrong like in 2012 then won't that be an improvement? Why take the Babe position / arguement that history will repeat itself. What kind of a Red sox fan would want to think that way?

[/QUOTE]

So what's your position pike? All you've done so far is call babe a troll.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If everything doesn't go wrong like in 2012 then won't that be an improvement? Why take the Babe position / arguement that history will repeat itself. What kind of a Red sox fan would want to think that way?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Carnie: that IS his position. Pike is not here to discuss baseball; he is here to discuss other posters.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In 2013, look out for the Toronto Blue Jays.  Injuries hurt this team midway through the season. 

They have a very good line-up and pitching staff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

We won't have 32 sent to the DL.

Middlebrooks, Bailey, Pedroia, Papi, and Ellbury won't be out for long times.

Deadwood Youk won't be here

Beckett isn't here to underperform.

Lester won't have another off year.

Ellsbury won't have a Spring training in August.

Morales, Dubrount, and Tazawa will continue to impress.

BV is gone.

Am a being a pollyanna?

Shame on me .

That is vernotten here.

Better to have Babe troll instead

And his trolling is "FUNNY"

[/QUOTE]

The two are not mutally exclusive Pike.  One can be "pollyanna" AND find Babe's trolling funny.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[/QUOTE]

The two are not mutally exclusive Pike.  One can be "pollyanna" AND find Babe's trolling funny.

[/QUOTE]

The problem is that too many take Babe seriously. I don't find ANY trolling to be funny. It is cowardly and pathetic. It is also boring, distracting, and divisive.

[/QUOTE]

Irony.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The problem is that too many take Babe seriously. I don't find ANY trolling to be funny. It is cowardly and pathetic. It is also boring, distracting, and divisive.

[/QUOTE]

Irony.

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure pike's right there with softlaw on the whole getting irony thing. :)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

Still overwhelmed that I had a baseball post? Couldn't handle the optism? I tell you this pollyannaism from Kim and Pike has to stop. Pumpsie won't tolerate pom-poms. The forum must be negative to draw traffic and advertisements in turn. The Yankee contingent both visible and not will be out in force to keep us honest and realistic. I would say that positive posts and threads should be kept to a minimum of about 5 percent. You concur?

[/QUOTE]

I concur with the tenor of this post.  There is an unfortunate imbalance toward negative posting on the board.  A healthy % of it from you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

A better arm in RF, more stolen bases. more right handed power. A recovered Bucholz.  Have we answered the troll's question yet?

[/QUOTE]

You still haven't said how you think the Sox will do just that everything is so peachy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

Why couldn't Pumpsie come up with that list. He has Red Sox posters all over his bedroom wall and rarely has a good word to say in here. Go figure.

[/QUOTE]

That's what is missing here.  The people that we think will range from mediocre to good, generally tend to have analysis ranging from good to excellent.  The whiners analysis is usually limited to 'him stoopid'.  And, of course, the reason they do that is because they know, even if they bothered trying to figure it out, it would likely be picked apart in short order.

If they want, they can start with the simplest of things, like OPS by position, to see what we should expect to score, and then go from there.

I doubt we'd even get that from them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Still overwhelmed that I had a baseball post? Couldn't handle the optism? I tell you this pollyannaism from Kim and Pike has to stop. Pumpsie won't tolerate pom-poms. The forum must be negative to draw traffic and advertisements in turn. The Yankee contingent both visible and not will be out in force to keep us honest and realistic. I would say that positive posts and threads should be kept to a minimum of about 5 percent. You concur?

[/QUOTE]

Not at all Pike! Good post! I don't happen to agree with its content, but at least its about baseball and not about other posters here. Strong work. Keep it up!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A better arm in RF, more stolen bases. more right handed power. A recovered Bucholz.  Have we answered the troll's question yet?

[/QUOTE]

You still haven't said how you think the Sox will do just that everything is so peachy.

[/QUOTE]

My estimate is an increase of 45 points in OPS.  How's that for a start?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You saw the list. Anything to add to it?

[/QUOTE]

Which you posted after I called you out. I already said that I reckoned that at worst the Yanks would keep the Sox out of the basement.